Why region lock steam version?

The steam store page was available for a short while and then suddenly not available in my region. Pso2 NA was not supposed to be region locked.

@RemovableRogue Other than a few exceptions, I think the list of available countries is based on this list. 😕

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/regions

@Ezodagrom belgium is not available (somebody mentioned that) also netherlands is locked according to reddit ppl

@JuggernautGTX Those are 2 of the exceptions, Belgium and Netherlands have banned loot boxes, the PSO2 AC scratches count as loot boxes.

@JuggernautGTX said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Ezodagrom belgium is not available (somebody mentioned that) also netherlands is locked according to reddit ppl

And that is because of lootboxes/gambling mechanics is why places like Belgium are locked out.

@Ezodagrom the actual list from Steam is this one

This package is only purchasable in specified countries

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States

(from https://steamdb.info/sub/352891/)

which does coincide with that list. Still kind of arbitrary to lock people out like this.

@Edes8931 The steam version will be linked to XBox Live accounts, so they can't support the Steam version on countries that don't support XBox Live (in other words, it's Microsoft's fault).

So how will this work in terms of EU players that are currently on NA?

Will there just be new servers opened up probably for EU after steam launch? So any cosmetics will be kept to our account? Can we change our NA account to a UK one etc?

Or will it likely be 1-3 will be NA servers, 4-5 maybe EU and 6 Oceania?

Then we will have to make a new char on the EU servers ?

@Ezodagrom but ( i asked that already) can i link my US xbox account to my GER steam account? to have the progress from it

@Nevzat I'm expecting that at least a few of the current unavailable ships (4 ~ 6) will be EU ships, maybe? We can only wait for an official announcement about the non-NA regions.

@JuggernautGTX I have no idea. :x

@Ezodagrom

well found an answer to that on reddit from tweaker guys

0fe775c8-908f-40b9-a4b3-2973a4bc28e5-image.png

@JuggernautGTX Hmm, that's an interesting way to handle it, to say the least. I thought it would have been something like Halo MCC.

Im from estonia... part of european union.... i could take few hours to go to finnland or russia on either side and be able to play it but not here.... brilliant..

It's also region locked for me in the Caribbean.

Steam basically region locked the game, despite the game itself not having IP block. I'm playing from Indonesia, or the SEA region if you're unfamiliar with the specifics.