PC Exclusives should be made available to XBOX One players are well.

Hi guys! This thread has been seen and heard, and your feedback will be communicated to the developers. Thank you!

It probably wouldn't be possible to give the Steam-related items to people who never play it on Steam, since those items are likely only available due to Steam. Since Steam isn't available on any console, it wouldn't be right to share their exclusive rewards with XBOX One. The only question would be, whether the items could be sold or traded. It would be fair if they allowed trading or selling them on the player market, though. At least the CBT items weren't XBOX One themed, so it was possible to properly release them again for PC.

@Ragnawind said in PC Exclusives should be made available to XBOX One players are well.:

It probably wouldn't be possible to give the Steam-related items to people who never play it on Steam, since those items are likely only available due to Steam.

As a counterpoint to that, Death Stranding includes several Half-Life crossover extras which were not removed from the Epic Games Store version of the game. If Valve were in the business of withholding permission to use such content they'd certainly have done it with an openly hostile competitor on the same platform. That they didn't suggests they could be quite open to allowing such distribution on other platforms.

Rather than Windows 10 users outside the selected countries or Xbox players, I'm thinking the players with the biggest risk of not getting this content is players on the JP server. If there are any plans to make it available over there, they have probably already started working on approval to distribute it outside of Steam.

@Ragnawind said in PC Exclusives should be made available to XBOX One players are well.:

At least the CBT items weren't XBOX One themed, so it was possible to properly release them again for PC.

Brief reminder that 80% of them weren't. And at this point I'd be quite surprised if the Coated Edge camo came back as it seems to be a near-identical upgrade to the colour-fixed Coated Edge Dark camo from SG Scratch.

This gets my vote. Exclusives exclude and damage player morale. I dislike being excluded way more than I want to have something special. I actually maintain a low opinion of people who value exclusivity and feel bad about having things that other people can't obtain. Feels bad. Granted, it doesn't have to be apples to apples per se, you can mix it up. For example, I'd be fine as a steam user paying for a bundle that includes some Xbox exclusives. That door swings both ways. It doesn't have to be free across the board, you can still monetize it, but so long as access is available, people will at least have a choice. No access is a closed door.