So PSO2 is showing on the UK (european?) version of steam... Does this mean the game is officially going to be supported here?

So PSO2 is coming up on the UK version of steam. If a game is region restricted, surely it shouldn't be coming up on my steam store?

If this is the case, how will it work in terms of my current NA microsoft account. Is there a possibility of linking the account do you think, or would it use Microsoft Login info etc?

the game is not region restricted is the Microsoft store that is restricted in the service and only working with US, however your Microsoft account is not region locked so it will work in any country

sorry im struggling to understand what you mean. It's a bit weird the steam page is up for the UK if it's not accesible using a UK microsoft account

what I mean is your Microsoft account is NOT region locked, it works anywhere, the service of the game in the Microsoft Store is ONLY in US

So if it's coming to steam, that means it's technically a EU release? (Well, UK to be specific)

It's appearing on my Steam now as well in Ireland, I'm just glad that I'll have a way to pay directly and not have to jump through this ridiculous amount of hoops just to buy a damn sub.

Yes, the Steam release is also them releasing the game outside of NA.

PSO2's available on Steam in the following regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States