Steam!

I wonder will these new HALF-LIFE outfit transfer to NGS as well, if yes, that pretty cool!

I'm hoping my transition from Windows-Tweaker to Steam will be easy enough. I mean I'm sure the Steam install will be fine, game will likely run the way it is now, but after everything that's happened since PC launch I'm a little paranoid. Anyone else feel the same way?

@Hatsodoom said in Steam!:

I'm hoping my transition from Windows-Tweaker to Steam will be easy enough. I mean I'm sure the Steam install will be fine, game will likely run the way it is now, but after everything that's happened since PC launch I'm a little paranoid. Anyone else feel the same way?

Imagine how many of us feel when we were also waiting for the Steam release only to be slammed with a region lock.

I'm glad they confirmed that we'll be able to link steam to Microsoft accounts: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1288162846715416577

In other news, I was RIGHT

alt text

Why did everyone keep thinking Microsoft was the publisher?

@coldreactive said in Steam!:

I'm glad they confirmed that we'll be able to link steam to Microsoft accounts: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1288162846715416577

alt text

Because they literally published it on their store. This seems to be separate since you even need a code to link the accounts to Steam.

@Ephemiel said in Steam!:

@Hatsodoom said in Steam!:

Imagine how many of us feel when we were also waiting for the Steam release only to be slammed with a region lock.

Listen I've been getting enough of the "yah it sucks but other people have it worse" in relation to the dang pandemic. I don't need that crap here.

@Ephemiel said in Steam!:

alt text

Because they literally published it on their store. This seems to be separate since you even need a code to link the accounts to Steam.

Cause MS published it on their store huh... 57b526a5-3b67-451f-9b5b-e4e0dedf571c-image.png

All Microsoft did was loan the cloud servers to SEGA. They took a chance, like when a bank gives you money that you need to pay back.

The steam version doesn't require logging in through a Microsoft account at all, but can connect to the Microsoft Azure Servers. SEGA's been handling the game's publishing all along. Otherwise this wouldn't work. Microsoft would instead require you to login through Xbox Live even if installed through steam. No doubt about it.

I hope that paycheck from MS was worth the 2 month beating Sega took from launching on the MS store.

God i can't wait to actually promote this game to my friends on a functional platform

Imagine how bad you'd feel when you get them onto this only for the ms store to give them a dozen problems.

Edit: I hope the HEV suit is wearable by CASTs

Oh boy what a year for SEGA! I knew about Steam version but had no clue we'd get so soon. August 5th 2020! I know it's probably way to early to discuss but with the steam debut do we get a brand new PSO2 Launcher that's different than the UWP Windows version? Not sure If it was just me but it was super buggy and crashes more than a student driver trying to drift in rush hour traffic. I really hope so but on the other hand, if its the original launcher with minor fixes I'm happy I'm just not a fan of the Microsoft Store.

@Leonkh99 said in Steam!:

Cause MS published it on their store huh... 57b526a5-3b67-451f-9b5b-e4e0dedf571c-image.png

That screenshot literally says Sega published it... Otherwise, I guess Microsoft is also the publisher for Yakuza 0. >.> b7bafe0575d2586f7e57dfd3e4520ecb.png

Platform owners and publishers are two different but not always mutually exclusive (because obviously Microsoft puts their own games on it) things.

@Mattwo7 said in Steam!:

@Leonkh99 said in Steam!:

That screenshot literally says Sega published it... Otherwise, I guess Microsoft is also the publisher for Yakuza 0. >.> b7bafe0575d2586f7e57dfd3e4520ecb.png

Platform owners and publishers are two different but not always mutually exclusive (because obviously Microsoft puts their own games on it) things.

Some people even go as far to say that Microsoft were the ones who ported the game to Xbox One... as if SEGA had never released a game on that platform in the past.