Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites

I saw GM Fatal today! My first time seeing a GM.

The spamming is getting overboard. I've reported the same user for the past 4 days both through in game and Xbox Live and yet they're spamming away as I type. It's one thing to go block to block and spam a few times but lately they are spamming every second over and over nonstop and not just in the lobbies anymore either.

@SmiggyG Chat is handled through XBL apparently, blocking them on XBL at least works as a stopgap to get rid of the constant spam until they pop up with a new account.

@Mattwo7 Not in my experience. The in game chat, at least for me, is separate from the Xbox Live chat settings. This game isn't set up like ESO in that regard, and I think that's what people are getting confused. Blocking their Xbox Live account does nothing, at least not before the last downloadable patch/update. I don't know if they changed something then as I stopped bothering trying to block them, since it didn't work, and just focus on in game reports, and Xbox Live reports, as it falls under the advertising clause in Microsoft's ToS.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

@Mattwo7 Not in my experience. The in game chat, at least for me, is separate from the Xbox Live chat settings. This game isn't set up like ESO in that regard, and I think that's what people are getting confused. Blocking their Xbox Live account does nothing, at least not before the last downloadable patch/update. I don't know if they changed something then as I stopped bothering trying to block them, since it didn't work, and just focus on in game reports, and Xbox Live reports, as it falls under the advertising clause in Microsoft's ToS.

It takes a few minutes to work sometimes.

Also there was one that kept making a new character with the same name but different account.

There are now random AI's running all the lower levels. This is getting out of hand.! how can I tell you might ask, Well the fact that these AI's take no damage and just one shot everything as they just 'Fly" thru the levels. What is going on here?

@DDDDLife Can you possibly get a recording of them doing this and upload it? That'd likely get the dev's attention big-time.

@IAMCRAIG said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

@DDDDLife Can you possibly get a recording of them doing this and upload it? That'd likely get the dev's attention big-time.

Gosh. Everybody already knows the same of the Level 80 Naverius runs , that its infested with those AI bots.

They ban a good many, but since it's a F2P game it's easy to make a new account to sell once again. Never ending battle on all MMO's with this.

@DDDDLife said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

There are now random AI's running all the lower levels. This is getting out of hand.! how can I tell you might ask, Well the fact that these AI's take no damage and just one shot everything as they just 'Fly" thru the levels. What is going on here?

Yea that's definitely not just external macros as was said by someone before. This is exactly the kind of shifta a proprietary anti-cheat could solve. @GM-Deynger Please tell the devs to make their own anti-cheat stoftware and quit using one that's already been bypassed to death.