Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites

Sega please do something about these annoying ass bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites

blacklisting their website might help? "ü" for example is blacklisted or not implemented or idk (as in i cant send a message with that letter) so theyre not able to send their website in chat at all

Its gotten soo bad, that now these "Bots" are spamming the level 80 naverius runs., they are exploiting it due to the fact that the level has no time limit. Our alliance did a Full 2 Hour run and it was non-stop mayhem. The situation is now even worse, there were a few mentioned , Modesty does not allow to list the others I think there are now 3 or 4 new ones that are spamming the ship blocks and the level 80 runs. Thats how they are able to get Millions in meseta without minimal effort. Honestly, I can easily make 3 million even 4 and even 7 million on my regular runs.

@JuggernautGTX I also can’t send messages in Japanese :(.

@JuggernautGTX said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

blacklisting their website might help? "ü" for example is blacklisted or not implemented or idk (as in i cant send a message with that letter) so theyre not able to send their website in chat at all

They're advertising multiple websites. They're probably just the same thing under different domain name registrations. I'm guessing they're also disabling gameguard (which really defeats the point of having gameguard in the first place) so automatic detection seems to be out of the question.

Also no one in the US uses umlats....

The reason why gameguard doesn't pick up on bots is because they likely use a program that automates keypresses and doesn't hook into the game at all.

@IAMCRAIG said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

The reason why gameguard doesn't pick up on bots is because they likely use a program that automates keypresses and doesn't hook into the game at all.

Wouldn't GG be able to detect that sort of thing? Pretty sure ActiBlizz's Wadern anti-cheat can detect external programs that don't hook.

GG is outdated simply by the fact that it's been circumvented to Gemini's inner universe and back a million times over. They need to make their own proprietary anti-cheat like Blizzard did. Warden is useful in the fact that it's not used for as many games which means that hackers have to specifically make circumvention for them as opposed to the one-size-fits-all circumvention for games using GG.

These gold farmers and goldspammers likely tend to populate multiple F2P games at once so games replacing GG with something proprietary like Blizzard did would cause a massive dent in their operations.

@Mattwo7 said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

@IAMCRAIG said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

Wouldn't GG be able to detect that sort of thing? Pretty sure ActiBlizz's anti-cheat for WoW can detect external programs that don't hook.

Nope, also Warden couldn't detect it either since it's essentially just sending the same signals as if you were pressing keys on your keyboard.

Also anti-cheat is difficult to do right and is more designed to catch more egregious cheats people can use. It's a losing battle to try to do much more than that since it becomes an arms race at that point. That and trying to stop something that automates keypresses would be incredibly hard to do without violating the user's privacy which is what Warden has come under fire for (also it didn't stop gold spam or gold farmers either, it just meant that they couldn't use trainers to teleport anywhere in the world to loot static chest spawns and such)

In order to stem the flow of bot spam, the best option that can be taken is to add restrictions to how often new players can send messages per minute until they hit a level threshold, which would require a more sophisticated bot in order to get around, which GG would catch. Then again, you can probably hit lvl 10 by doing all of the quests that are just talking to NPC's, though there'd be a lot more room for error due to the extra travelling in the lobby areas. Though this could be mitigated by having lobby NPC's path around a little bit, which would potentially foil them for a time.

You could add in word filters, but you would have to make them very robust as well and update them regularly as they add spaces, odd characters and so on to their advertisements.

I don't know about that- at least in one case it seemed like there was a human there.

I just saw someone advertise and then head to the block transfer area and he paused for a bit when I did the kumite emote at him before moving on.

Could just be a coincidence though.

@Sephlock said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

I don't know about that- at least in one case it seemed like there was a human there.

I just saw someone advertise and then head to the block transfer area and he paused for a bit when I did the kumite emote at him before moving on.

That's probably a timer set to stagger the key presses to ensure they select the right block and not end up in an empty one by accident or even mess up and end up not changing blocks at all.

@Sephlock said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

That's probably a timer set to stagger the key presses to ensure they select the right block and not end up in an empty one by accident or even mess up and end up not changing blocks at all.

That makes sense.

Spend less time sitting around in the lobby and you won't be as bothered by it.

ESC > Click on bot > View GamerCard > Report and Block them. This stops the spam from that bot. Not a permanent fix, but will stop the spam until a new bot shows up.

They need to word filter the website names. Yes, then the bots will try to get around it, but at LEAST then the website name won't be displayed correctly.

I find it odd how pre pc release the GMs were in the lobbies every 3-4 hours to handle bots or any player issues. Now theyre nowhere to be found....I miss GM Bill 😭

@Zeara said in Sega really needs to do something about these bot accounts spamming meseta selling websites:

I find it odd how pre pc release the GMs were in the lobbies every 3-4 hours to handle bots or any player issues. Now theyre nowhere to be found....I miss GM Bill 😭

Yea that is weird, people saw the GMs all the time before the PC release but when I got into the PC release they were never around. I wonder what happened? @GM-Deynger