Gameplay QOL in NGS I'd like to see:

The camera to follow me a little bit better, specifically when I jump. I find myself halfway off the screen most times when I'm attacking in the air.

Weather is nice. Weather that affects the environment is okay for the most part. Weather that affects that environment and forcibly moves your character / prevents movement of your character? Punch whoever thought of that in the face. Looking at you, Forest areas.

I want to buy a hundred vita canes (example) without having to click six times for each individual cane. Select item (1). Select item again in personal shop (2). Purchase (3). Are you sure? Yes (4). Would you like to send a kudos? No (5). Back (6). Streamline that. Holy cow.

Let me just... turn off ALL the particle effects. I can't see. Anything. Ever.

More keyboard shortcuts. Maybe I just missed it somewhere but I seriously need a (modifier)+(button) to mute game music / sound effects / master volume, etc.

Can adjust camera height / distance, but always reverts back to default. Make it so default can be changed to whatever you want.

I'm sure I'll come up with more. This is just off the top of my head from the last couple hours of doing stuff.

Like -

Less screen clutter. Half the time I can't see, not because of crazy particle effects, but because of all of the screen prompts. EMERGENCY! AI AUTO CHAT! COMPLETE REWARDS! ARKS NOTIFICATIONS! I'VE GOT GREAT NEWS! MULTIPLE SIGNALS, BE ON YOUR GUARD! And on and on.

Monster density. Everything should be as dense as ultimates, because otherwise it's boring running around killing a couple of baddies at a time. And on that note, emergency quest spawns need to be increased or spawned all at once or something. KILL 5 THINGS and then waiting for them to spawn and jump down one by one is boring.

Or how about EXIT TO CHARACTER SELECTION. WHY DO I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE TITLE SCREEN AS AN OPTION.

The camera following is a big one. Why does the camera follow you when you use fulcrum swing on the ground... but not in the air? You can literally keep gaining air until the camera doesn't see you. Then it immediately snaps to you and its totally disorienting.

I would really like to add that we need more keybindings. I want could go back to 'shift' for weapon action and 'ctrl' for back palette like in 2-button days but the game just won't let me bind ctrl as anything. On top of that, why can't there be an option for ctrl+numbers on shortcuts, only ctrl+function and ctrl+numpad? It'd be so much better for weapon palette swapping. You can't change weapon palettes to other keys either. I really don't understand some of the decisions made by the team. It's easy to understand the camera issues as the game movement originally wasn't like it is today(although reading bosses as melee was always iffy due to the camera), but the keybinding stuff is just... Why? Not even a case of "lol Japanese devs on PC" because before and after PSO2 the only game I remember letting you resize and place windows like this was Ragnarok Online so I know SOMEONE at SEGA gets it so... Why?

Another thing I thought of earlier today and just remembered-

Monster density. Everything should be as dense as ultimates, because otherwise it's boring running around killing a couple of baddies at a time. And on that note, emergency quest spawns need to be increased or spawned all at once or something. KILL 5 THINGS and then waiting for them to spawn and jump down one by one is boring.

One thing I want to see is that floating state on the jetboots shouldn't be slower than your walking speed (if they want to keep that in the game). Actually kills the fluidity of the game having to cancel it by jumping every time.

@Furious said in Gameplay QOL in NGS I'd like to see::

Everything should be as dense as ultimates

They'd have to rebalance PSE bursts. You're not supposed to be able to get those so easily while doing normal content. In ultimate quests it makes sense because you can't kill everything as quickly.

Also I think that might tie into the reason why everyone gets a speed boost ability (photon dash) aside from the fact that the environments are going to be larger.

@Mattwo7 said in Gameplay QOL in NGS I'd like to see::

They'd have to rebalance PSE bursts. You're not supposed to be able to get those so easily while doing normal content. In ultimate quests it makes sense because you can't kill everything as quickly.

Also I think that might tie into the reason why everyone gets a speed boost ability (photon dash) aside from the fact that the environments are going to be larger.

Ultimate enemies die fast enough that you can move from group to group faster than you can in an expedition because in the expedition I have to wait for enemies to jump out one.... by one.... by one.... by one.... by one... by one... by OH MY GOSH I AM MOVING ON HOLY CRAP.

Whereas ultimates for the most part are like "HERE'S A HUGE GROUP OF BAD GUYS, MURDER THEM AND MOVE ON".

Yes, definitely I would like some improvements to the camera work. It is pretty easy to end up off screen at times or only being able to see the ankles of large bosses during fights. I hope not just NGS but also in PSO2 improve with the new engine.

Ultimate enemies die fast enough that you can move from group to group faster than you can in an expedition because in the expedition I have to wait for enemies to jump out one.... by one.... by one.... by one.... by one... by one... by OH MY GOSH I AM MOVING ON HOLY CRAP.

Whereas ultimates for the most part are like "HERE'S A HUGE GROUP OF BAD GUYS, MURDER THEM AND MOVE ON".

I don't think I've ever seen a PSE burst in an ultimate quest. The way you're talking makes it sound like they should be in a perpetual state of four way cross burst...

I don't think I've ever seen a PSE burst in an ultimate quest. The way you're talking makes it sound like they should be in a perpetual state of four way cross burst...

I think you just need to toss the whole PSE idea, because you seem to be mixing that with the point I was trying to get across.

PSE Burst. Take it. Look at it. Crumple it up and toss it out the window and totally forget about it in this conversation.

Think about the number of enemies in a pack spawning in an expedition vs. in an ultimate. That's it. Go do an expedition and pay attention. You'll hit those sections where you kill an enemy, and one spawns, and you kill that, and one more spawns, and you kill that, and... which is slow, and boring, and they could have just all spawned at once, or in groups, instead of one at time. Ultimates have those sections, except it's always packs of enemies, or one jumps out at first, and then a bunch more jump out afterward. It's not just stand around and wait for them to spawn one by one.

I think you just need to toss the whole PSE idea, because you seem to be mixing that with the point I was trying to get across.

PSE Burst. Take it. Look at it. Crumple it up and toss it out the window and totally forget about it in this conversation.

Think about the number of enemies in a pack spawning in an expedition vs. in an ultimate. That's it. Go do an expedition and pay attention. You'll hit those sections where you kill an enemy, and one spawns, and you kill that, and one more spawns, and you kill that, and... which is slow, and boring, and they could have just all spawned at once, or in groups, instead of one at time. Ultimates have those sections, except it's always packs of enemies, or one jumps out at first, and then a bunch more jump out afterward. It's not just stand around and wait for them to spawn one by one.

My point is that the density of enemy spawns should be proportionate to how easy it is to get a PSE burst. Apparently this is not the case?

Should be? Maybe. Not the case in terms of ultimates though, it seems.

Another thing:

Less screen clutter. Half the time I can't see, not because of crazy particle effects, but because of all of the screen prompts. EMERGENCY! AI AUTO CHAT! COMPLETE REWARDS! ARKS NOTIFICATIONS! I'VE GOT GREAT NEWS! MULTIPLE SIGNALS, BE ON YOUR GUARD! And on and on.

I got a good one.

In game options that are actually in game, and not just in the launcher.