PSO2 in EU/ steam/ other platforms/regions ?

@Leonkh99 said in PSO2 in EU/ steam/ other platforms/regions ?:

@Archetype-Luna Yeah, though rn unless a future installment is a full on fresh start... there are just too many things that would get in the way of it all such as how collab items that weren't licensed for the West would be handled or how the authentication form is different between regions.

The only way we could see a 'global PSO3' in the future (2031 perhaps? heh) is if the following things were to happen:

• SEGA developed their SEGA ID system further into a global service usable by other games.
  • Used the same server-hosting solutions for the same game.
  • Had a localization team working closely with the devs (something that appears to be the case with NGS given there's hints they had begun localizing the game already while its still in development + how the announcement thus far have been seemingly identical to their Japanese counterpart)

Well, in regards to collab items, there could be a restriction of what is allowed to be taken to different regions, unless we are talking about a global release. Then there would probably be a restriction on certain collab items being transferred to NGS. Though, it may be a case of if the item already exists, so as long as SEGA does not redistribute it themselves, it is fair game. Like technically the deals with the collabs end with the distribution period for the items. At that point, whatever exists in game is what will be there forever and neither party has control over what the players do with it. Definitely more of a legal grey zone since the deal was made with only the Japanese server in mind, but it is possible depending on the wording of the contracts.

@Leonkh99 When people talk about EU version (including me), I think it's about EU ships (physically located in Europe), and with their own urgent quests schedule (or at least that what I mean when I talk about EU version). Other than better latency, another reason that EU ships are a must is because the NA urgent quest schedule just does not work for the EU timezone (even the JP schedule is better than the NA one, at least for me).

@Ezodagrom I see. I suppose its more of a technicality with regards to terminology on my end then. We have the Japanese "version" and North American "version" (and before that, "SEA", "TH" and "TW" 'versions') which were each their own completely different clients that could only connect to their sets of servers, got their own separate updates and even community team and in some cases different content altogether. So whenever I see someone bring up a "European version", the first thing that comes to mind is having a completely separate client and version which can only connect to their sets of Ships and receives their own updates separate from NA.

Yeah with what you said I understand though I feel that the UQ schedule issue would never be 100% fixed. SEGA can't guarantee that every region would get their own sets of ships.... very rarely do game companies provide Oceania servers so players in Australia would have to rely on either NA or EU UQ schedules. In addition, there's some indications this may be an actual literal 'global' release... PSO2's Taiwanese rating had been updated, now the listing's in English, the website URL points to PSO2.COM and an Episode 4 banner is used (though the rating is unchanged from the last time PSO2 released in that region). As such, with or without Non-NA hosted ships... UQ schedules will continue to be a problem regardless.

@Ezodagrom i found it plausible that they could intend some of Ship 4 - 6 to be divided out as "Regional servers" that run different time schedules at least.

The trailer mentions "Plans to release globally, including NA and Japan!" I don't know what the point of wording it in that way is, unless it was wonky translating or something. Made it sound like there would be Global, NA, JP (or all of them together, which is highly unlikely). But with our current playbase I really can't imagine Global having a separate service, so it might just be split up across the ships that aren't open.

Edit: would kind of explain their unwillingness to open the remaining ships and they displayed the ability to be able to dynamically increase individual capacity on the fly

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PSO2 in EU/ steam/ other platforms/regions ?:

The trailer mentions "Plans to release globally, including NA and Japan!" I don't know what the point of wording it in that way is, unless it was wonky translating or something. Made it sound like there would be Global, NA, JP (or all of them together, which is highly unlikely). But with our current playbase I really can't imagine Global having a separate service, so it might just be split up across the ships that aren't open.

Hmm I have some theories that may be able to answer this bit.

Again, the NGS JP and NA trailer and website have different platforms listed so its unlikely that JP players will be sharing servers with the West. I believe they are instead referring to the actual 'release', that the JP and Western version would be launching simultaneously. SEGA had previously stated this year that from here on out they wanted to try focusing on releasing games simultaneously in Japan and the West without the long wait periods that the West usually has to get titles localized. The recent Shin Megami Tensei trailer was one example of their intentions so they may be doing the same with NGS... but the actual service will remain separate between Japan and the West.

Now as for the phrasing... a lot of details regarding PSO2NGS are based more on the current state of PSO2 as opposed to the state PSO2 would be in at the time of NGS' launch. The NGS announcement on the PSO2 website states that NGS would release on whatever platforms PSO2 ends up on in the west at the time of launch; trailer lists Xbox Series X as one of the future platforms yet it only shows Xbox One and Windows 10, we have a Steam release incoming yet NGS doesn't show it. I believe the same can be said about regions as outside of communicating that they intend to release the game outside of NA and beginning to take some steps towads releasing in certain regions (the updated ACB and PEGI rating), they have yet to 'officially' make a formal announcment regarding the matter.

@Leonkh99 ya was refering to everyone including japan...i think it would be cool to have (if it doesn affect our gameplay as in no lags etc) but if it costs so much as somebody mentioned before it might be unlikely to happen?

Considering the announcement, I wouldn't expect new PC platforms or regions until at least the Episode 4 update in August.

@JuggernautGTX said in PSO2 in EU/ steam/ other platforms/regions ?:

@Leonkh99 ya was refering to everyone including japan...i think it would be cool to have (if it doesn affect our gameplay as in no lags etc) but if it costs so much as somebody mentioned before it might be unlikely to happen?

While it does cost a lot, it could also be seen as an investment at the same time; as it would be modernizing the company's network infrastructures. In any case, I highly doubt it would happen for NGS' launch. However Square Enix apparently has plans to do so with FFXIV, albeit it will likely take them several years. Perhaps down the line Sega will attempt something like maybe experiment with a shared server if NGS lasts long enough. After all, FFXIV and PSO2 are the two big Japanese MMO's and are direct competitors. I am sure that Sega doesn't want to be left behind in some manner.

i honestly just want the ability to purchase AC and play with my friends as well as the ability to just dl and run the game without having to fiddle around too much. also it would mean more players in general as well as of my nationality. i dunno its just kinda weird to me that they only released in NA instead of just making a "western" release like Monster Hunter did.

• The Steam page lists PSO2 to be released on August 5th.
  • They also show the EP 4 opening trailer.
  • August 5th is the end of the next maintenance period.
  • EPISODE 4 DROPS ON AUGUST 5TH CONFIRMED.

uhm pso2 shows for me as well on steam...and i have the german steam shop

EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lets go bois

@Frisk , this is also the EU launch in a way... except for certain places which aren't supported.