So Mags in New Genesis

@John-Paul-RAGE said in So Mags in New Genesis:

It won't be battle related as the article already stated. That means it won't provide PB or do the stuff it currently does.

Gotta think alternatively. What support functions could haing a MAG accomplish in a "open world" type game?

(This is just to get the brain juice flowing)

• Inventory companion. (Provide additional space, auto loot stuff around the map, etc)
  • Portable class skill counter (perhaps allowing you to spend/manage skill trees without being at a world hub)
  • Something to do with fast traveling/mini games. (MAG transforms into something along the lines of riding quest vehicle, maybe some PVP racing mini games?)
  • Personal Client Order Manager (collect and turn in client orders from the field/on the fly)

Of course we don't know what yet, but it is fun to consider the possibilities.

I like these ideas.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in So Mags in New Genesis:

It won't be battle related as the article already stated. That means it won't provide PB or do the stuff it currently does.

Gotta think alternatively. What support functions could haing a MAG accomplish in a "open world" type game?

(This is just to get the brain juice flowing)

• Inventory companion. (Provide additional space, auto loot stuff around the map, etc)
  • Portable class skill counter (perhaps allowing you to spend/manage skill trees without being at a world hub)
  • Something to do with fast traveling/mini games. (MAG transforms into something along the lines of riding quest vehicle, maybe some PVP racing mini games?)
  • Personal Client Order Manager (collect and turn in client orders from the field/on the fly)

Of course we don't know what yet, but it is fun to consider the possibilities.

I think it'll be similar to Borderlands 2+ where the mag ends up being some sort of menu system that we open up and do stuff like augment skills/etc. without being in a town/hub/etc. The menu system would hover next to your character like some sort of augmented reality/etc. Your character will also have a unique animation when accessing it, etc.

It might also let you "scan" an area like the ghosts from Destiny series.

@KYBELA said in So Mags in New Genesis:

I do hope PSO2 or NGS gets some sort of GvG feature in the future though. like defeating a small instance of mobs & boss for top speed/time. just an example since i've seen that done & PSO already has the tools to do that if Sega wanted to.

GvG? Guild vs Guild? I mean technically PSO2 already has that in the form of a ranking system for both individual players and alliances.

@KYBELA said in So Mags in New Genesis:

Grinding weapon levels. Freeemium Gacha. F2P trading. Timed Boss/Dungeon Missions for achieving Highest Guild Score

Imagine thinking THIS is what you should associate with PSO.

I distinctly saw what looked like a Photon Blast icon in the sub palette during the trailer, so I believe PBs are in the game.

@RedDingo7777

We think it's a placeholder icon for a class based skill.

(unless the devs are pulling a fast one on us, which I would be fine with)