Lighten Penalty for Leaving Urgent Quest

While looking through the support site I came across an entry asking "Is there a penalty for leaving certain quests early?" where its then confirmed that NA would have the same rules that JP has regarding what happens to players who leave an Urgent Quest early on. As it stands, I have felt that JP's rules were somewhat strict and didn't account for players with unstable connections, server-side issues or even the game client crashing. I understand why these rules are in place but I think the consequences could be a little lighter.

What is the penalty for leaving a UQ early?

I can see that being an issue since then people could just troll and abandon people, but you make a good point that a lot of people in the states don't have a steady connection and so forth.

@F0XB0MB to quote the Support Site:

your account will be penalized, and may be temporarily suspended or permanently suspended.

I do think Permanent Suspension is taking things a bit far tbh....

The temporary suspensions require at least 10 consecutive abandons. The full suspension comes from multiple and consecutive abandons. On JP the game can tell when it's a server/client crash. It only penalizes you when it reaches a certain amount of crashes. Not sure if it will be the same on NA but it's fairly set up on the JP server.

As long as you don't constantly crash everytime or abandon to many times within a time frame you will be fine.

@The-Question , hmm then something must have changed for NA cause:

The same measures will be taken if "communication line disconnection" or "client shutdown" occurs frequently in your environment.

Is brought up in the Support Page.

@Leonkh99

Maybe they expect better connection here. I know in Japan unless you pay a lot of money or got to a net cafe. The internet in general isn't the best. Korea, America, and some of the EU have better internet then we do.

@The-Question said in Lighten Penalty for Leaving Urgent Quest:

@Leonkh99

Maybe they expect better connection here. I know in Japan unless you pay a lot of money or got to a net cafe. The internet in general isn't the best. Korea, America, and some of the EU have better internet then we do.

So far I've only had one disconnection from JP servers, and that was when I was searching the player shops for the first time. It was sudden with no lag prior. I haven't had a d/c since, which was a day and a half ago or more.

I don't use a VPN/Proxy, and I'm from the Central US.

@coldreactive said in Lighten Penalty for Leaving Urgent Quest:

So far I've only had one disconnection from JP servers, and that was when I was searching the player shops for the first time. It was sudden with no lag prior. I haven't had a d/c since, which was a day and a half ago or more.

That just means your ISP gives a better connection to their servers then our ISP's do. If you aren't paying at the very least 150-200 USD a month. Your connection will suck terribly here.

@The-Question said in Lighten Penalty for Leaving Urgent Quest:

@coldreactive said in Lighten Penalty for Leaving Urgent Quest:

That just means your ISP gives a better connection to their servers then our ISP's do. If you aren't paying at the very least 150-200 USD a month. Your connection will suck terribly here.

I really wish that was true for me connecting to FFXIV, lol, which has its servers in California, and I have worse connection there when I attempt to change characters, which requires going through their lobby server (IE: Login server) then going back into the server that hosts that specific world/etc.

The penalty is fine. No need to change, its so players dont abandon for any reason and ruin it for others. I will list counters to every issue a player may have right now.

1: Issue: Dinner is Ready. Gotta go now. "No, if you knew dinner was coming up soon you should not have accepted going into UQ"

2: My cat is on fire. "You mean you want to leave because you feel you wont get an easy carry? Next"

3: My connection was spotty all night "Well then if it is, dont just go back into the UQ, its sucks but just wait till your connection is better"

4: Im sick "Then why are you up playing?"

5: My Game client crashed, again. "Stop modding your client then"

6: Im not using mods... "Stop watching pronz then"

7: I dont watch Pronz.... "Then Reinstall the game or reset your O.S, your PC is sick"

8: I gotta go to bed "Seriously? Refer to the first example"

I can go on and on, but you get it now.

Penalties need to stay strict like this. Otherwise we will get a buncha players, mostly the casual type, whos looking for a carry or a fast clear, not gonna get either, they then leave, and go in again for another party hoping to get lucky next time. It sucks. But it mostly works.