Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes

I see A LOT of suggestions here (some good, some bad), but a majority of them are asking the developers to change the core mechanics of the game.

Please remember this game is simply a port from pc to Xbox and the game has been out for almost 8 years. Asking to change how the battle system works, changing how cosmetics work, or adding game modes is most likely impossible right now since any big changes would need to be implemented in the JP servers first.

Suggestions should be focused on QOL fixes and any technical issues with the XB1 port such as text, UI issues, and server issues.

^ This.

I don't mind certain posts regarding NA exclusive 'features' since they don't affect the core gameplay and we are getting some features that JP doesn't have (Dual Audio, Voice Chat, Mission Pass) plus the SEA and TW version of PSO2 got exclusive events, lobbies and costumes.

I don't see why an idea that may not be exclusive to our version is a bad thing to suggest. If they can't do it and it's a popular and good idea they can pass it onto the devs to see how the jp population feels about it. That may not be likely, but I don't think you should tell people not to suggest something.because it may not be possible. It's also against the rules of this forum section.

@Chal said in Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes:

I don't see why an idea that may not be exclusive to our version is a bad thing to suggest. If they can't do it and it's a popular and good idea they can pass it onto the devs to see how the jp population feels about it. That may not be likely, but I don't think you should tell people not to suggest something.because it may not be possible. It's also against the rules of this forum section.

This.

The GMs have already said multiple times and being posted in the rules on this section before you even post found here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/581/please-read-this-before-posting-replying-in-this-section

In short, no suggestions are stupid and while you can disagree, be constructive and no negativity on it or putting others down.

I don't think your aim posting this thread is to put anyone down by any means, but the very fact you posted a new thread just to say this makes it feel like you're discouraging others to post, which can go against these rules.

They say in their rules even if we think they cannot do it for PSO2, doesn't mean future feedback like this can't be implemented in SEGA's future or current games, and getting any and all posts helps them gauge player interest and demand, so any posts and suggestions are valid in this sense.

@SauceHockey20 said in Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes:

I see A LOT of suggestions here (some good, some bad), but a majority of them are asking the developers to change the core mechanics of the game.

Please remember this game is simply a port from pc to Xbox and the game has been out for almost 8 years. Asking to change how the battle system works, changing how cosmetics work, or adding game modes is most likely impossible right now since any big changes would need to be implemented in the JP servers first.

Suggestions should be focused on QOL fixes and any technical issues with the XB1 port such as text, UI issues, and server issues.

oh look a post in this section i can actually agree with!

so.. "i agree!"

@BlackRadient said in Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes:

This.

The GMs have already said multiple times and being posted in the rules on this section before you even post found here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/581/please-read-this-before-posting-replying-in-this-section

In short, no suggestions are stupid and while you can disagree, be constructive and no negativity on it or putting others down.

I don't think your aim posting this thread is to put anyone down by any means, by the very fact you posted a new thread just to say this makes it feel like you're discouraging others to post, which can go against these rules.

They say in their rules even if we think they cannot do it for PSO2, doesn't mean future feedback like this can't be implemented in SEGA's future or current games, and getting any and all posts helps them gauge player interest and demand, so any posts and suggestions are valid in this sense.

yea yea, "you can be anything you want to be", "beauty is on the inside", and "size doesnt matter" (while we are saying things that just are not true).

weve only see how many games absolutely destroyed by vocal minorities in forums?

@BlackRadient

doesn't mean future feedback like this can't be implemented in SEGA's future or current games

Quoted that portion for those that read one sentence and assume they know what you were trying to say.

I disagree with the thread in general anyways. Reasoning being that just because something is considered a "core feature" doesn't mean it is a good feature, or in a perfected state.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes:

@BlackRadient

doesn't mean future feedback like this can't be implemented in SEGA's future or current games

Quoted that portion for those that read one sentence and assume they know what you were trying to say.

I disagree with the thread in general anyways. Reasoning being that just because something is considered a "core feature" doesn't mean it is a good feature, or in a perfected state.

The problem is people are suggesting massive changes after playing the game for 2 days. It’s really that simple. The game isn’t in any type of development phase. It’s a full finished product. And to think that Sega is actually going to implement some big mechanics change before release is ridiculous.

@admin Can we get this pointless thread locked, moved or deleted, please?

@admin Can we get this pointless thread locked, moved or deleted, please?

Most of the suggestions here are pointless. What’s the difference? Please actually help the Sega America team fix any bugs within the port before suggesting massive changes. It’s that simple. People suggesting massive changes instead of reporting common bugs/issues within the Xbox port aren’t helping anything. The team needs to know of issues affecting players to ensure the game plays smoothly at release. It sucks that people don’t understand the point of the closed beta

The difference is this thread is against the rules. There is a separate bug report function in the support section also.

The difference is this thread is against the rules. There is a separate bug report function in the support section also.

how so? hes SUGGESTING that people stop asking them to change key game functions (mostly because they arent going to do it anyways). as for them applying what is suggested to "other games".. yea im sure the feedback all applies to total war too.

@SauceHockey20 said in Suggestions should not be focused on gameplay/mechanics changes:

@MEGAF1UX in the first thread of the forum which you probably have not read it says not to discourage or deny someone's suggestions as impossible or for reasons such as Sega can't do it. Which is what they're doing. They're also not suggesting anything to do with the improvement of the game, but rather discouraging others from doing so.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the suggestions are pointless, but I do feel that 2 days simply isn't enough time for the majority of players to truly come up and choose sides on most of the suggestions. I would ask that all the suggestions are truly looked at, I don't believe any suggestion is bad. However I would ask that before they make big changes to the game, they let people experience the game as designed and envisioned by the game developer. Then move from there once the majority of players have come to a stance on a specific major topic (such as major mechanic edits or removals). Other people may disagree and that's okay, but I feel like it wouldn't be fair to change mechanics and features that the majority of players have not experienced much of or even at all yet.

@MEGAF1UX in the first thread of the forum which you probably have not read it says not to discourage or deny someone's suggestions as impossible or for reasons such as Sega can't do it. Which is what they're doing. They're also not suggesting anything to do with the improvement of the game, but rather discouraging others from doing so.

actually i HAVE read it (but thaanks for ASSUMING) and the op is suggesting (again... ) that they not bother making those kinds of posts, hes NOT discouraging them from being made. hes not going thread by thread and saying "this is a dumb suggestion" which is what is implied by the wording. it would improve the FORUM if pointless threads werent created.

Chiming in. All suggestions are valid. This information does go to Sega and is valuable for future/other Episodes/titles. Please do not police the opinions of others. We do not want anyone discouraged from making suggestions for fear of what others may say. Thread is being locked.