if elder rifle got a nt why didn't orbit

apprentice was the perfect opportunity to give us gear sidegrades instead of just all slave/nem all the time and yet it drops revolusios

i don't mind having a clearly defined best in slot but our gear hasn't really moved at all since ultimate released, even horizontally. the closest we've come is ice weapons being better than revolusio for most users

profound is baby profound and has no invades despite invade being a worthy sidegrade

it's just confusing. it's debatably better than your gear getting replaced every two weeks but some sidegrades that aren't strictly 100% inferior would be really nice

especially since we've lost a lot of 10~12* weapons making getting the weapon titles really difficult

i know that the options come in ep6 when everything is craftable to compete with the upper end of stuff but getting more options now keeps people around

I've seen "NT" tossed around a couple times.

What does it mean?

Not everyone has been playing for years.

Personally, I hate it when people use acronyms for everything. Half the time I have no idea what they are talking about, even in games I've played for ages. Mini rant over! Not directed at you, Thousand, just mini-ranting.

Question still stands!

@ThousandHammers I am alsp curious why Elder is NT but Orochi Agito is not.

@Furious NT stands for New Type. It is the predecessor of the OT (Old Type) weapon system. Differences are the Old Type system had a cap of +10 for weapons and had to be re-leveled to +10 every time you leveled up your Potential.

Since NT (New Type) was an upgrade that came later in PSO2JP's life cycle, a lot of previous OT weapons got upgraded into significantly stronger NT versions.

In PSO2NA we only have the NT system.

@Furious said in if elder rifle got a nt why didn't orbit:

I've seen "NT" tossed around a couple times.

What does it mean?

Not everyone has been playing for years.

Personally, I hate it when people use acronyms for everything. Half the time I have no idea what they are talking about, even in games I've played for ages. Mini rant over! Not directed at you, Thousand, just mini-ranting.

Question still stands!

all weapons used to grind the way units do, just with worse rates

our elder rifle is a NT-styled one, meaning it upgrades by absorbing other weapons instead of by rolling the dice

the problem is that it has different balancing. JP elder rifle has 756 RNG power at max, and either increases power by like 7% or reduces PP consumption. this weapon is a 10* from episode 1.

our elder rifle, however, has 1451 RNG power at max and has an easy-access 30% damage boost ability. they also updated its rarity to 12*

so basically half of our gear is just new stuff with new balancing. and instead of rebalancing a bunch of weapons to make them NT weapons, we just lost.. god knows how many.

and a lot of those lost weapons have actually been good potential side-grade items. orbit is a series that changes how pp regeneration works and SHOULD have started dropping half of it from apprentice.. and we just didn't get it. because revolusios are more important

YSOK (current producer) talked about how NA doesn't have as many minmaxers or hardcore farmers when we haven't gotten anything new to farm for for two months

Orbit has NT.

It's in Mining Base VR.

As for losing 10-12* weapons they lowered the amount required for each title massively. TD4 drops a lot of stuff towards getting the title.

Also as for sidegrade/upgrade don't expect shit until late ep4 or early ep5 because thats how strong nemesis is. Orbit is utility weapon and not used for damage.

that is only half the orbit series. the other half is missing

things will start showing up once crafting comes through depending on how far we can craft things

we really did get slave/nem too early though

The other half of Orbit is OT. NT didn't exist when TD4 released.

But yes we got Nemesis/Slave way too early.