I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!

Top end graphics and open worlds isn't what makes pso fun to begin with.

Game didn't really need much more than a face lift. I wouldn't be so sure high tech graphics, and open world translate to an experience that most people want to play. The reason people enjoy pso2 was they liked the lobby based small mao jump in jump out game. If I was looking for monster hunter I'd probably just play monster hunter.

@Rhysticalz said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Top end graphics and open worlds isn't what makes pso fun to begin with.

Game didn't really need much more than a face lift. I wouldn't be so sure high tech graphics, and open world translate to an experience that most people want to play. The reason people enjoy pso2 was they liked the lobby based small mao jump in jump out game. If I was looking for monster hunter I'd probably just play monster hunter.

I mean things can get stale if they are continuously repeated. The open world may be a breath of fresh air that they want to experiment with. Nothing wrong with them wanting to try to take the series somewhere new. Nothing says you can't do a jump in jump out gameplay with an open world. There could still be a hub of sorts.

I also wouldn't call it another Monster Hunter since a large part of what defines Monster Hunter is the combat style which is completely different from PSO2. Sure they have a similar hub to instance system, but Monster Hunter drew inspiration from PSO1 to begin with. Game developers need to try things out once in a while. Like if iNGS doesn't pan out, they still have PSO2 running, on an updated graphics engine, and can always fall back to it.

@Rhysticalz said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

If I was looking for monster hunter I'd probably just play monster hunter.

pso2 ng got a much smoother gameplay compared to the slower monster hunter one...those who wanted to replace monster hunter never got close enough - no game is nearly as good if its god eater toukiden...even dauntless feels like a "low budget monster hunter"...but pso2 ng is for sure not a "monster hunter like" game...pso2 ng is a phantasy star like game (lol)

Yeah, I don't like the theme of monster hunter, nor the combat. Yet I like the theme of PSO2, and the combat. As long as the combat is great, I will stay.

Imagine being so petty and bitter against "Jp Veterans" that you literally invent causes and reasons for us being "upset" just so that you can pat your own back in satisfaction at something that is not even real.

Then again, considering that all of your threads seem to be about the same thing, i guess you just like baiting people. So have fun, i guess?

Im mad that some people want to cling to their achievements and don't want to "lose" anything, even though they had nothing to begin with. I'm playing a survival game called Rust, where every week your entire progress gets deleted and you have to start over again. All those hours you grinded for materials and weapons gone with a press of a button and you start naked again at the beach with only a rock.

I find it refreshing every time, cherishing the memories of past wipes and looking forward to what's coming up next. Sure it's technically the same game every time, but the experience is mostly dictated by player interaction anyways.

Sure PSO2 is a vastly different game, but I'm not afraid of starting anew, i don't cling to anything i have done. I record videos of stuff i enjoyed doing in the past as a way to show off to myself of what i did and that's enough. I knew the moment i started on NA, that my millions of mesetas, the invested premium, levels and fashion that i gathered on JP would be already invalidated since none of that carried over to NA. I just joined because i like the game enough to do it all over again. And i don't mind starting over again for NG. In fact i welcome it.

tl;dr Play for the experience frens, forget drops and achievements and do what makes you enjoy the game the most. If you enjoy mindless grinding for drops or spending big monies on fashion then be my guest, but see them as time / money investment for the enjoyment you are currently having, not as a loss if it all goes away one day.

@Macmaxi said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Im mad that some people want to cling to their achievements and don't want to "lose" anything, even though they had nothing to begin with. I'm playing a survival game called Rust, where every week your entire progress gets deleted and you have to start over again. All those hours you grinded for materials and weapons gone with a press of a button and you start naked again at the beach with only a rock.

I find it refreshing every time, cherishing the memories of past wipes and looking forward to what's coming up next. Sure it's technically the same game every time, but the experience is mostly dictated by player interaction anyways.

Sure PSO2 is a vastly different game, but I'm not afraid of starting anew, i don't cling to anything i have done. I record videos of stuff i enjoyed doing in the past as a way to show off to myself of what i did and that's enough. I knew the moment i started on NA, that my millions of mesetas, the invested premium, levels and fashion that i gathered on JP would be already invalidated since none of that carried over to NA. I just joined because i like the game enough to do it all over again. And i don't mind starting over again for NG. In fact i welcome it.

tl;dr Play for the experience frens, forget drops and achievements and do what makes you enjoy the game the most. If you enjoy mindless grinding for drops or spending big monies on fashion then be my guest, but see them as time / money investment for the enjoyment you are currently having, not as a loss if it all goes away one day.

that's the boat i'm on. looking at NGS i see it as a completely new game and wish it would just make us all start over again. so long i'm not sure how much the old stuff influences the game i'm cool, but i'm generally more interested in having a fresh start. i don't care too much about my costumes, my meseta will be gone anyways. but if i'm able to rush through content in NGS with old stuff i'd rather start at zero. it's the beginning experience that makes a game for me, later on you'll be grinding the same stuff over and over again anyways.but enjoying the trip to the endgame with friends is a great experience.

@IfrianMMO said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Imagine being so petty and bitter against "Jp Veterans" that you literally invent causes and reasons for us being "upset" just so that you can pat your own back in satisfaction at something that is not even real.

Then again, considering that all of your threads seem to be about the same thing, i guess you just like baiting people. So have fun, i guess?

I've seen this in the anime community, specifically reddit in which it's considered spoiling when ln/manga readers go "oh shit can't wait for [vague thing] to happen it was so awesome!" with an anime adaptation.

I'm assuming it's OP's extremely dickish way to say he doesn't like when jp vets spoil the game.

Am I wrong to think this way? Don’t miss understand me please! I personal don’t have anything against JP veterans but they have an tendency to spoil content because they excited to share the experience again with those who haven’t played not realizing they are spoiling content. They are excited and want to share their nostalgia while negating our own.

@RainGnyu said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Am I wrong to think this way? Don’t miss understand me please! I personal don’t have anything against JP veterans but they have an tendency to spoil content because they excited to share the experience again with those who haven’t played not realizing they are spoiling content. They are excited and want to share their nostalgia while negating our own.

Interesting that you generalize in hopes that it'll support your statement. You are wrong to think that way because we all don't spoil content and I bet most hardcore (vets not those with less than 200hours) would even spoil content. I'm excited for this release because I've played PSO2JP since 2013 and fell off around 2017 but played off and on; I've got over 6k hours and seeing this game get a massive much needed face-lift is fantastic. I'm looking forward to all of the things to come but please stop with your generalization.

Some of your previous posts and the opening post of this thread imply otherwise and can really come off on the wrong foot. Not to mention, you are generalizing and pinning things on JP players quite a bit. A lot of the information on JP can be found out by non-JP players as well so it is possible that people spoiling things are NA players who simply looked up the information that is readily available.

@Archetype-Luna said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Some of your previous posts and the opening post of this thread imply otherwise and can really come off on the wrong foot. Not to mention, you are generalizing and pinning things on JP players quite a bit. A lot of the information on JP can be found out by non-JP players as well so it is possible that people spoiling things are NA players who simply looked up the information that is readily available.

That doesn’t make any sense! It’s the JP veterans that I am for sure because they stated on these very forums that they are JP veterans. Why would I think otherwise?

@Archetype-Luna said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

That doesn’t make any sense! It’s the JP veterans that I am for sure because they stated on these very forums that they are JP veterans. Why would I think otherwise?

I've seen plenty of non-JP players on reddit players simply state what they have found online through research. There are plenty of videos on youtube telling you what content is upcoming. There is even a road map on the official website and a list of features coming with each episode. It is very easy to find this information.

Furthermore, you are blanket statementing JP players, generalizing all of them. This is incredibly rude; the entire opening thread comes out as rude and insulting.

@RainGnyu this has to be the most stupid post I've seen all week.

@DeeVa thats what a jp vet would say