I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!

I get the impression that the JP veterans are mad that they don’t know what’s next. They can’t share any knowledge with the community and it is upsetting them. Thus the over flow of professional complaining on the forums. They can’t enjoy the game because they can’t tell you about it. Everyone is going to be in the same uncharted area of the game learning as we adventure forward.

I personally was hoping something like this would manifest where JP Veterans would not have a clue. Something new to discover! I love the concept!

Nah we are not mad about not knowing.

We are just concerned. Cause it is kinda pointless if we cannot carry over something or some kind of stats to New Genesis. All that hardwork and effort in PSO2 and nothing to show for it in New Genesis. Not to mention that you have nothing to show for New Genesis in PSO2. There has to be some sort of shared progression that interacts with each other. =/

would love if we dont carry over weapons and stuff except for fashion related things or if weapons from the old version wont have much of an impact to the newer one (lets call them broken weapons with reduced stats and effect cause 1000 years later) i would even love if SG wont carry over just AC and fashion

@RainGnyu said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

I get the impression that the JP veterans are mad that they don’t know what’s next. They can’t share any knowledge with the community and it is upsetting them. Thus the over flow of professional complaining on the forums. They can’t enjoy the game because they can’t tell you about it. Everyone is going to be in the same uncharted area of the game learning as we adventure forward.

I personally was hoping something like this would manifest where JP Veterans would not have a clue. Something new to discover! I love the concept!

Well that impression is probably wrong. If anything, they are excited over what is coming next. I am not sure where you are getting the idea that people who played JP are angry because they don't know what is coming next. Like they didn't know what was coming next when they played JP, so why would they be mad about it now. Not knowing what is coming next is nothing new.

Pretty sure the people who have concerns are just players; maybe they played JP or maybe they didn't.

I'm a JP vet with over 6k hours and I can't wait for NG, not only does it look amazing but it is also open world. We're on what I'm assuming is our last part of EP6 and then hopefully we'll get NG later on but I cant wait for those move-able fingers; always laughed as a HU main seeing my dude open hand wield a sword.

IDK where you're getting this idea, most of the complaining is from people who play NA lol

I don't know, I think starting over in a new game is refreshing and exciting; the idea of there being a fresh market, fresh progression, fresh everything outside of all of the fashion we've collected up to this point is great. And heck, even stuff like some gear will still be able to be transferred too, which is more than can be said about some sequel-type games.

That's basically what any JP player that came over to PSO2NA had to do anyways, with a fresh start on gear and fashion with a relatively new market, with the major difference being them not knowing anything about the upcoming game, and that's pretty exciting in my opinion. An even playing field in knowledge and currency, and being able to transfer all the fashion and some of the gear we've collected sounds like a pretty good deal.

Yes, as Aviarei says, if you come to NA from JP, then you are probably willing to start over in a year especially with the engine looking as amazing as it does. That's basically what I did. Although I think I maxed more classes than in JP.

Everyone mad are NA players bitching about "losing their progress". It's not like maxing out a class takes some sort of titanic effort.

@Zarozian said:

We are just concerned. Cause it is kinda pointless...

Fun isn't pointless. There are some things you can't collect.

@majikero said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

Everyone mad are NA players bitching about "losing their progress". It's not like maxing out a class takes some sort of titanic effort.

ya as if levels were anywhere near as important as finally getting to play something new and exciting...i will never understand those people who say "i quit cause where is the point in playing now"

@RainGnyu said in I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!:

I get the impression that the JP veterans are mad that they don’t know what’s next. They can’t share any knowledge with the community and it is upsetting them.

Is my theory thread in the lore forum that considers the Phantasy Star timeline a joke to you? While not conclusive until we have more information, there's enough to work with to say PSO2 and PSO2:NGS are in the pre-Algol timeline. If anything I'm expecting a certain episode 6 antagonist to potentially show up in this new game. (No, not a Dark Falz variant.)

JP players get new stuff every two weeks so this is really nothing new for us. The threads here are saying playing NA for a few months was a waste of time. So it's really NA players who are more upset it seems

To be fair it is most likely new players to NA who haven't found a foothold to PSO2 yet. They don't know how much better PSO2 gets before NG. While JP probably feels resolved and at peace, ready for this new engine. While NA is anxious and desiring more, but is confused why their time is short. (Answer is, it has been in development since 2018 it seems)

Something to remember about game development:

Players never stop complaining about the games they play because you can never please everyone.

Don't let someone else shape your own opinions and expectations, you will just end up disappointed or unhappy.