Is complaining about a video game fun for you?

@Anarchy-Marine Yeah, I'm not saying that games don't have bugs. I am just hoping that bug is fixed because the Challenge Shop has some useful items in it. Only wish Challenge Mode was more popular. I'm hoping we get the update that allows people from different ships to do Challenge Mode together, hopefully that'll help finding a group for it cause it is difficult to do solo.

@Archetype-Luna Just tested it, works fine. And that's what I mean about being patient. I didn't know something from a month ago was bugged, and it was already handled last maintenance.

@Archetype-Luna I think I saw that universal ships for challenge mode are coming with episode 4. The problem was that they gave us challenge mode early and universal ships require ep 4 content to be unlocked.

Feedback is good, not all of it is complaining. Yet, the attacks on either side can get disheartening. That, and insults are not needed. (Those that call others crybabies, and those that call others fanboys for example, or worse, those that call people bootlickers) I will say that I'm dying on the hill of 'I'm going to enjoy this game, while wisely investing in only the portions I find that are beneficial to me as a consumer, because I love PSO'. I'm going to also invest in NG. I've been waiting for 8 years for this game, that I am aware wouldn't have come out due to the kindness of Sega of Japan's hearts. Yet, if I find any issues with it, I will certainly give feedback, and on what would be my deal breakers. (Such as voice tickets, that GM's have stated they are working on) I will not invest in SG unless for important things like material storage. No fresh finds for me.

I just don’t like when people place their personal dissatisfaction as tho it supposed to be yours as well. If you don’t accept their personal dissatisfaction has your own......you must be a fanboy or can’t think straight. Something must be wrong with you.

Agenda pushing misdirection baiting

@RainGnyu said in Is complaining about a video game fun for you?:

I just don’t like when people place their personal dissatisfaction as tho it supposed to be yours as well. If you don’t accept their personal dissatisfaction has your own......you must be a fanboy or can’t think straight. Something must be wrong with you.

Aside from perhaps some NGS worries, there really has not been any "agenda pushing misdirection" baiting from what I've seen. Things like the SG threads are legitimate issues. Like if those are "agenda pushing misdirection," wouldn't this thread be one as well? As it is trying to push the agenda against people posting their complaints on the forums by portraying the act in as negative of a light as possible? Or the "I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!" thread, which tires to portray JP players on the forums in a negative manner and tries to pin the NGS worry threads on them.

@Archetype-Luna said in Is complaining about a video game fun for you?:

Aside from perhaps some NGS worries, there really has not been any "agenda pushing misdirection" baiting from what I've seen. Things like the SG threads are legitimate issues. Like if those are "agenda pushing misdirection," wouldn't this thread be one as well? As it is trying to push the agenda against people posting their complaints on the forums by portraying the act in as negative of a light as possible? Or the "I love that the JP veterans don’t know what’s next!" thread, which tires to portray JP players on the forums in a negative manner and tries to pin the NGS worry threads on them.

Good point........I believe I may have to concede?

@Archetype-Luna said in Is complaining about a video game fun for you?:

Good point........I believe I may have to concede?

You don't have to do anything. Debates aren't always about convincing the other person. Often they are more about convincing the audience, which in this case are other people who may read these posts. They'll take the information we put out and their own information to form their own opinion on the matter. When I argue with someone on this forum; I generally don't do it with the intention of convincing them.

I personally just discuss. I don't even argue. I place my point, and if it's proven wrong, then I accept it and learn from it. I have learned that pride can be a strong blinding factor when people try to speak on the Internet. Not just here but in so many other places I see that.

I feel that some people need to adhere to patience, observation, and fair analysis of things in front of them before typing something for the world to see. But I also understand that not everyone has had the tools or the guiding to make more informed, patient and polite posts, which is why I really don't go fault anyone on it. In the end, it's usually just things that happen in the heat of the moment, when the mind is more vulnerable to "shooting blind".

@RainGnyu this is america baby and complaining is our greatest pastime next to baseball and apple pie. Maybe before apple pie but its up there in the top 3 for sure. Some may call it feedback or constructive criticism but what ever you call it, its definitely funny.

So what are they complaining about now?

@RainGnyu This thread has been dead for ten days. Why would you ressurect it now? Seems like you are a troll, as someone else had mentioned earlier.

Endless complaining! I have not read one legit complaint thread sense I started looking in on the forums.

I love the game and really don't have any complaints. Even things like how the SG stuff is handled is reasonable enough.

But the forums are a different story altogether. It's like falling down the rabbit hole whenever I log on. lol It's easy to get absorbed in the drama, that's for sure. But it's more responding to people that I think are genuinely out of their mind before I realize I'm wasting my time and need to move on. I'm sure most people that get into these arguments feel the same way from their own perspective.

Constructive criticism and complaining are not the same thing. Saying you dislike something provides no information. Stating specific reasons why you don't like things and providing possible solutions to your dilemma does. Cancel culture is rampant and it serves no purpose other than to feed trolls. A developer will largely ignore your post if you're combative and aren't willing to see things from other perspectives.