Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.

It sounds a lot like the new graphics overhaul for PSo2 will be to upgrade the graphics engine to be identical to NGS, meaning everything should carry over:

With the new graphics engine comes enhanced character models. In addition to the features present in the current character creation system, you'll now have even more detailed options, like changing the luster of your character's skin. Characters will also be able to move their fingers now! Furthermore, you'll be able to wear more accessories—as well as change their locations—creating even more customized characters. Because PSO2: NGS's character creation system is compatible with that of PSO2, players are free to decide which one they want to use.

Finally, PSO2's core graphics engine will also be overhauled, allowing you to use characters created with PSO2: NGS's system within PSO2 as well. Naturally, ALL character creation info from PSO2 (including items linked to emotes and other previously registered data) will be compatible with PSO2: NGS!

Note: The system requirements for the PC version will increase when PSO2 is updated to meet PSO2: NGS's standards.

good thing that 99% of the conversation about NG across all boards are just about cosmetics, sadly i believe this means they will never have the incentive to try and make something great out of the combat, because simply nobody cares.

I'd like the game the same amount if there was zero customization the default stuff looks good enough, but unfortunately all the development time will be spend on trying to port over all 5 million accessories and outfits and every boss is gonna be a rockbear with a different model again.

@Macmaxi I'm super excited for NG combat personally. The sword, assault rifle, and rod gameplay looked amazing in the trailer. More in line with successor class gameplay than the older classes.

@Ragnawind said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

I can't remember but does free SG expire or was that one permanent?

All SG, paid and free, expires exactly one year after it is obtained.

"The expiration date does not [differ] between purchased and free SG. The expiration date is updated for your total SG when you purchase or earn SG."

@Macmaxi

Combat is one half of what people care about in PSO2, the second half is customization. We know the combat is going to be great, it was the most prominent aspect of the trailer.

What we don't know is if every single solitary piece of clothing will be transferred to NG.

Combat & Customization, both are of equal importance, and will be discussed as such when we have all the info.

It has not been confirmed all cosmetics (outfits) will transfer but all of the emotes and non outfits have been confirmed to transfer. I would imagine ALL outfits will transfer since PSO2 standard is getting the same graphical overhaul and those costumes exist there.

@Macmaxi you're one of the few that don't care for customization. Not sure on the percentages but I'm sure cosmetics are the biggest seller for pso2. Which pretty much funds development and allows them to be able to release NG as f2p. I doubt it's the scratch tickets stopping them from creating more interesting mobs than reskinned bosses.

All the threads about people's concerns on if fashion is compatible with NG is only because they didn't mention it at all in their post of information. That lack of info was not an accident. But Sega saying that outfits won't be compatible would be a bad marketing move lol. Though for the people that demand Sega to update all their outfits for NG, that's actually a ridiculous task. If it does happen, I promise it's not gonna be at NG launch. At most it may be when the base game gets the upgrade.

Though i do agree If I had to choose between fashion or better playable content, I'd choose the playable content and have fashion on the backburner

@Macmaxi I also care about combat instead of cosmetics. If they focused on only cosmetics, that would be a deal breaker for me then. Yet of course, I don't expect them to drop it off like that.

@Tri-Edge I challenge you to prove that cosmetics are more important on a global scale than the actual content of the game.

(Vanity is not content, so don't even try)

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@Tri-Edge I challenge you to prove that cosmetics are more important on a global scale than the actual content of the game.

Vanity is not content to you, and players like you that don't care much for them, let's make that clear. Though I never said cosmetics are more important than "actual content".So I assume you mean anything else but the fashion side.

What I said is those scratches that you guys don't care about is funding your new content like NG. Sega creating thousands of outfits while they reskin the same mobs should be all you need to know that "Actual content" comes second before their scratch tickets. They aren't getting paid off you running missions over and over.

I personally don't believe fashion is more important than other content but to say it's not content is incorrect

Content is just new shit, so on the contrary, the "new" clothes they come out with is content where as emergency quests like menace of the sea and black kingdom aren't really content or at the very least they're dead content lol.

Scratches (Loot Boxes) pay for the game. (Cost to run servers, employees, ect.)

Losing PSO2 cosmetic access in PSO2NGS will most definitely set back profit lines for the new content, because players outside JP might not be willing to transfer and start from a beta server level of data.

@Tri-Edge no, I cringe every time a new scratch gets added and someone goes "wow they keep giving us all this content!". Even mobile gacha games at least add a quest or something to justify their lootbox as "content". Just throwing in some pay items doesn't fit that.

I like scratches myself. Enables me to make a lot of meseta. Whatever the new variant is in PSO2:NG will do the same, unless they make them untradeable and swap the system out for the Fresh Finds style premium items like every other MMO in the West does. Eirher way, NG is about expanding the market and extending the longevity of the game for fans. The option to stay on the vanilla servers will be there for those too stubborn to try something new.

@John-Paul-RAGE I think a big appeal to costumes in PSO compared to other western MMOs are they're tradeable.

I too usually see the new scratch as something easy to make meseta. Since they're wanting to restart the market in NG, I assume cosmetics from pso2 will be untradeable in NG. I'm always open to change so I'm looking forward to NG even if we can only bring a few things over.

@Ranmaru said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@Macmaxi I also care about combat instead of cosmetics. If they focused on only cosmetics, that would be a deal breaker for me then. Yet of course, I don't expect them to drop it off like that.

Here Here Appaluse Someone actually gets my point

@IfrianMMO said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

Has it occurred to you guys that there must be a reason why they did not directly announce that costumes carry over, unlike everything else that they have already confirmed to transfer, such as registered accessories?

^ This.

Look, folks, I find no joy in saying this, but it's a NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE, in basically a BRAND NEW GAME, and a lot is not carrying over. Rebuilding an entire character with more polygons and entirely different graphical engine means the method by which the character moves, costumes are affixed, and the designs are implemented are different, which means that every costume has to be rebuilt from the ground up. In other words, every costume remade from scratch.

To understand this better, you need a firm understanding of character framework. In many old systems, the actual structure of the body was replaced with the costume, because it would've been way too many polygons and data to place actual armor on top of the character. Instead, your chest is replaced, the tone is matched on a Chroma wheel, and your actual chest is missing. The actual skeleton is swapped. Graphics engines do a lot to cheat in order to run on old computers and make it run faster.

There's absolutely a reason why they didn't say "all costumes and accessories will carry over".

My brother is a video game graphics designer with a lot of experience in the systems they used, as well as a PSO2NA player. When asked if the costumes will carry over, he laughed and said, "no, no absolutely not, otherwise it'd be another episode, it's inhumane to think they'd have to do all that work all over again."

I love my costume, but if it means the devs focus on the content, I'm willing to start with a new costume. Besides, how many hundreds of years in the future will this be? We can't even go 10 years without identifying a difference in fashion. 60s fashion versus 70s fashion versus 80s fashion versus 90s fashion.

It's okay for us to just be okay that they're starting new. I love this game and I am not bothered by this.