Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.

@IfrianMMO said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

Yeah, I'm going to keep buying cosmetics, because logically, if the original PSO2 is getting a graphical overhaul to bring it into line with Genesis, then all outfits on the original, by extension are apart of that graphical overhaul. It's common sense people. Stop letting people scare you out of the game.

Uhm, a new graphic engine does not magically convert and upgrade all assets into the new standard by some technomagic.

"Graphical overhauls" do not work the way you seem to think they do.

Being told that both games will be using the same character creation and customization does flat out mean both games will have the same character models/assets.

@IfrianMMO Considering they spent years in advance working on this, yeah, it does. This company wouldnt be dumb enough to repeat the mistakes of other companies, thus the reasoning behind both games running in tandem. If it were as you say, not all transferable, then PSO2 never would have had the launch in NA in the first place.

@TsundereMuse I think there are people in these forums that are trying to stir the pot. Create an air of hysteria, and cause a massive fall off of players. Some of the accounts I've seen post on this topic, were just created a day or two ago.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@IfrianMMO Considering they spent years in advance working on this, yeah, it does. This company wouldnt be dumb enough to repeat the mistakes of other companies,

Are you new to the Phantasy Star Community?

I am asking because Sega has such a long history of mismanagement and disastrous handling of the PS series in the West, that if i had to list every single instance i may literally run out of space on a single post.

Also, there is no need to double post, you can edit your posts, you know?

@IfrianMMO I did edit my post. The forums double notify on single posts, and edits are the cause.

@Anarchy-Marine

alt text

I am referring to this.

@IfrianMMO Also, ones past does not dictate their future. Of course the world doesn't see things that way anymore. Could explain why people these days lack the capacity of forgiveness.

You also don't get to dictate how I post.

@IfrianMMO said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

@IfrianMMO Considering they spent years in advance working on this, yeah, it does. This company wouldnt be dumb enough to repeat the mistakes of other companies,

Are you new to the Phantasy Star Community?

I am asking because Sega has such a long history of mismanagement and disastrous handling of the PS series in the West, that if i had to list every single instance i may literally run out of space on a single post.

This^^

I’m a huge fan of Sega but they are not without their faults. So many users here blindly defend their actions and act very hostile if you show any sign of speaking out about it.

@IfrianMMO Also, ones past does not dictate their future. Of course the world doesn't see things that way anymore. Could explain why people these days lack the capacity of forgiveness.

What past, it´s not like PSO2NA had a stellar testing phase and launch precisely and while a lot of it has to do with Microsoft there is also plenty that has been done with the collaboration of SEGA.

Also, this is not about "Telling you how to post", it´s that double posting is seen as rude and unnecessary in pretty much every single forum since 1997 and in the majority of communities it´s literally against the rules.

You are right, no-one can "Force you" to stop it but lol.

@IfrianMMO Considering I was responding to someone else, I think it's rude to tag both of you in the same post. One pertains to you, the other pertains to someone else.

Has it occurred to you guys that there must be a reason why they did not directly announce that costumes carry over, unlike everything else that they have already confirmed to transfer, such as registered accessories?

It does not take a genius to understand that if they had confirmed that costumes carry over in the trailer, it would have caused even more hype and above all, it would have ensured healthy and notable spending because people would not be scared of wasting their money.

It´s not rocket surgery or brain science, that the reason why they did not say it is not just an oversight.

You do not make a game reveal and omit one of the most important tidbits of information, that can directly affect your sales and business, so if they did not confirm it yet, it´s for a reason.

Yeah, I'm going to keep buying cosmetics, because logically, if the original PSO2 is getting a graphical overhaul to bring it into line with Genesis, then all outfits on the original, by extension are apart of that graphical overhaul. It's common sense people. Stop letting people scare you out of the game.

Uhm, a new graphic engine does not magically convert and upgrade all assets into the new standard by some technomagic.

You're right, assets don't magically convert, but the difference here is that because Normal PSO2 is still sticking around, while being upgraded to the same engine as PSO2:NG, it means that SEGA has two options for cosmetics:

1. Existing assets are converted to work in the new engine: In which case if they're already porting the items to work in the new engine for PSO2, it's no extra work to let those same items be used in PSO2:NG (which uses the same engine)
  2. Existing assets aren't converted to work in the new engine, basically deleting all AC/SG outfits people spent money on because they're not compatible with the game anymore

I can't imagine option 2 is what SEGA wants to do because it would likely immediately alienate the whales and dissuade them from playing again if it just meant SEGA would delete their stuff because of a graphics overhaul, so I think it's likely that they'll be upgraded with option 1, so they'll still be usable in PSO2:NG.

@Akonyl said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

You're right, assets don't magically convert, but the difference here is that because Normal PSO2 is still sticking around, while being upgraded to the same engine as PSO2:NG, it means that SEGA has two options for cosmetics:

1. Existing assets are converted to work in the new engine: In which case if they're already porting the items to work in the new engine for PSO2, it's no extra work to let those same items be used in PSO2:NG (which uses the same engine)
  2. Existing assets aren't converted to work in the new engine, basically deleting all AC/SG outfits people spent money on because they're not compatible with the game anymore

I can't imagine option 2 is what SEGA wants to do because it would likely immediately alienate the whales and dissuade them from playing again if it just meant SEGA would delete their stuff because of a graphics overhaul, so I think it's likely that they'll be upgraded with option 1, so they'll still be usable in PSO2:NG.

Listen, as someone with untold and uncountable amounts of expensive fashion and 8 years worth of gear and accessories on PSO2JP, which is probably the version i will be playing in NG, i am one of the most interested players in having their gear carry over, because it would place me in a very comfortable position in PSO2NG.

However, as i mentioned in the previous post, there has to be a reason why Sega did purposefully evade from commenting whether the costumes would be transfered to PSO2NG or not, so celebrating so soon may end up backfiring.

Maybe they just did not say it because they are not done yet and want to avoid being accused of telling lies, in case some costumes cannot be adapted for reason X, or maybe they have other plans, it´s not for me to know.

But what i do know is that it does not take a genius to realize that it´s not just a coincidence that the one thing that everyone is the most worried about is the one thing they did not confirm.

@Akonyl I wish you luck trying to argue with logic, because it's clearly out the window here. I'm already seeing where this conversation is going. I'm heading out, because there's no point in me making the same exact points you are.

@IfrianMMO I figure at absolutely worst that third party costumes might not transfer right away due to licensing agreements, but my counter logic would be that Sega has to know that announcing that costumes will not transfer at all will literally destroy NA and possibly even JP.