Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.

At this point, and knowing that AC/SG will be shared between PSO2 and PSO2: NG, it is best to save all of our SG for New Genesis as it is clearly the future of Phantasy Star Online and it will probably have as many uses as it does in PSO2.

Especially considering that SG is much harder to come by IN PSO2NA compared to PSO2JP and that the SG scratches are basically a bottomless pit due to being untradable and having so much filler that reduces the % of getting what you want.

This is especially valid for free2play players that do not expect to or are able to spend money on the game and thus have very limited supplies of SG that may not even be enough to get a full costume set already as is.

After all, we do not even know if our hard earned SG costumes and fashion will carry over, so it may be a waste even if you get them, especially depending on WHEN in 2021 the game releases.

I am sure that starting New Genesis with a generous amount of supplies and SG will be beneficial.

@IfrianMMO part of me thinks this might just be a good idea in general with SG. The only things I like using it on is triggers and the future Augment Support scratch, but I will probably just use meseta to buy augments now instead of SG.

I can't remember but does free SG expire or was that one permanent?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

I can't remember but does free SG expire or was that one permanent?

All SG, paid and free, expires exactly one year after it is obtained.

people are already doing this and saving their AC looks how the market is on my ship

only 7 panic listed on the market and their price is ridiculous

788cd3af-9160-4976-8f28-78fd69fc5bde-image.png

That's at least a year out. I'll pass. JP can easily farm SG's so they shouldn't have an issue. And I really doubt NGS is going to launch with a wide amount of cosmetics that isn't already available in standard pso2. The only reason would be for storage space imo. And if premium works the same there as it does on here i'm sorted.

Save your SG for NGS and hold spending on fashion until they confirm which item will transfer are different matters, aren't they?

I kinda agree with the latter. That's why I now invest on emotes 😆

That's why having some clarification on what exact cosmetics carry over or do not would be good. Right now all we know is all emotes will be avaiable on NGS.

But then again, maybe not even Sega themselves know what will carry over and what not, maybe right now they intend for all cosmetics to carry over but don't know if they'll be able to remake everything in HD in time.

I think AC expires as well so maybe it is best to purchase near the time of NG instead of buying now, for precaution.

@Ranmaru I truly don't believe that AC does have the same expiration date that SG does. Even if its 1 year from the date obtained that means NGS would have a Q2/3 Release and honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see it in Q1 just because everything is going to be a rushed production to get it out to the players. I mean I have NEVER seen the boards light up like it did when they made this announcement. So in honesty, though Sega may have their regulations laid out I am sure that given the circumstances it is still safe to spend a little SG here and there for the cross play.

However AC /SG transfer is just one part of the picture. I would rather "invest" than move over due to the cross play (though in honesty i rather stay in the NGS universe than on the Arks ships, let the children keep their dungeon PQs, and enslavement lobbies etc) The big question after AC/SG is the mechanics of are Symbol arts going to move over into this new world or can we actually have a better way of communicating like an in-game integrated smart chat system

AC expires one year after purchase. When nearing the first year of the game's anniversary, SEGA JP reminded users that AC would expire and they need to spend any AC they bought near the beginning of the game's formal launch they had leftover so it wouldn't disappear.

It's so you can't just buy a "lifetime supply" near the start and slowly drip it out across years.

While AC did expire, buying AC again would cause all your current AC to have the new expiry as well. I think it was more just a way to get people to keep spending.

So lets say I had just got to100 SG but got 40 of them almost a year ago. I would lose the 40 SG when the year passed? sounds daft.

And this is how SEGA will be scratching their heads, wondering how the player market broke so easily.

My guess is that if this is like a WoW expansion, there probably will be new stuff promoted first, while the old stuff (to JP) will either get graphics updates or simply be compatible as is.

There's also always a chance they make current fashions PSO2 exclusive to keep the game going, until they can make the upgrades.

Yeah, I'm going to keep buying cosmetics, because logically, if the original PSO2 is getting a graphical overhaul to bring it into line with Genesis, then all outfits on the original, by extension are apart of that graphical overhaul. It's common sense people. Stop letting people scare you out of the game.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Save all your SG for PSO2: New Genesis until they confirm if/which costumes&Layered transfer.:

Yeah, I'm going to keep buying cosmetics, because logically, if the original PSO2 is getting a graphical overhaul to bring it into line with Genesis, then all outfits on the original, by extension are apart of that graphical overhaul. It's common sense people. Stop letting people scare you out of the game.

Uhm, a new graphic engine does not magically convert and upgrade all assets into the new standard by some technomagic.

"Graphical overhauls" do not work the way you seem to think they do.