So, about that Operating Terminal Emote...

Any way to actually get that outside of the frankly odd requirements of having a returning member of an alliance? Not every alliance have people who doesn't want to play PSO2 for more than a month.

Ahhh, re-runs perhaps? JP also getting this lobby action also for returnee to alliance - but I already have this. It is from an old FUN scratch

EDIT: I can't guarantee it but on JP this lobby action can be traded. If NA is the same then you may be able to buy it off other player shops - especially people with alt accounts.

@HarmlessSyan said in So, about that Operating Terminal Emote...:

Ahhh, re-runs perhaps?

It's depressing that many of us are having to pin our hopes on an emote being released by alternative means before it is distributed the first time.

If NA is the same then you may be able to buy it off other player shops - especially people with alt accounts.

This requirement is so obscure and difficult to satisfy that it is going to cost a fortune. Everyone could get the likes of Rappies without even trying and it still goes for 5-7 million now. Do you really think it's going to be affordable when only 5-10% of the players have any chance to get Operating Terminal?

the last time they gave us a15 S rank TD3 XH clear requirement and now we have this bs. I don't know what they are doing to this game.

@Miraglyth Well, I would the last person to defend what NA is doing, I'm just providing ways you might be able to get it if you aren't able to kidnap a returnee. But hey, the event ends 8/19, if EP4 drops before then - be on the look out in the lobbies to kidnap a returnee for your alliance.

@Miraglyth Well, I would the last person to defend what NA is doing, I'm just providing ways you might be able to get it

And I get that, but I don't think 30+ million meseta is going to count as "able to get it" for many of us.

But hey, the event ends 8/19, if EP4 drops before then - be on the look out in the lobbies to kidnap a returnee for your alliance.

So we're supposed to make nuisances of ourselves shouting for people who have returned after a long absence like we're meseta sellers now? The only people who'll take notice of that will probably shop around for an alliance that can offer them the most freebies just to sit in their alliance.

"Returning player, will join for a Nemesis Rifle so you can get that emote!"

Which would probably work since the emote will definitely be more expensive, but we have another problem because there's no way to know if they're telling the truth, and players can lie about being returning.

And we don't even know if the alliance check is made on the 19th or if it only counts the alliance the player is in the moment they log back in. So even if a returning player does join an alliance, there's no guarantee the alliance will benefit anyway.

And none of that comments on the precedent this sets. Some of us are now going to be forced to consider making a throwaway alt whose entire purpose is to sit in their alliance and be inactive on purpose just so we have it ready to log in if this horrid condition ever returns.

Every part of this distribution sucks.

Fairly sure it wouldn't count if the person wasn't in your alliance before they returned anyway (since you can't exactly invite them in without them returning first), so it wouldn't work regardless.

Ahhh yea, I guess I should read the fine prints, it really doesn't say in NA site. The JP site make it seem like it does the check on 8/19 regardless whether they were in the team or not. On top of the page it says to invite friends and team members back to the game.

• 2020年8月19日(水)定期メンテナンス開始時点で、キャンペーン期間中に『PSO2』に復帰したプレイヤーが所属していたチームのメンバー全員

• At the start of the 2020 Aug 19th scheduled maintenance, All members of the team which player who returned to PSO2 during the campaign belonged to

My main character actually have returnee status right now, a flower next to overhead labels - but I returned before the campaign. Luckily I do have another account that I used to farm team/alliance points with that is collecting dust.

The JP site make it seem like it does the check on 8/19 regardless whether they were in the team or not. On top of the page it says to invite friends and team members back to the game.

That's trustworthy then. It's just a shame they couldn't tell us this. So... anyone who returned after having a previous login before 24 June can join an alliance by the 19 August maintenance and get that alliance an artificially expensive emote. Peachy. 😕

Luckily I do have another account that I used to farm team/alliance points with that is collecting dust.

I just wish Sega weren't encouraging people to make inactive secondary accounts just for badly-designed campaigns like this. All it would take is a secondary qualification method like earning a high but achievable amount of AP.