Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission

It's really hard to even beat this mission randomly when you can't really coordinate and luckily I just (finally) learn that Chat Macros actually meant shortcuts after pressing the Select/Window button on the X-Box controller. So now I can just select the shortcuts and give better instructions from the controller rather than typing it out, but back to the topic at hand.

I pretty much learned early on that I can't just keep running back and forth between towers like I did in the other missions because it'll cost me time, especially since now that there are smaller enemies that appear so they can kill themselves on the tower for massive damage. It's really hard to even say the right things in the heat of the moment, but for the most part the easiest strategy I can come up is trying to tell everyone to stay near the tower and don't come to the other ones unless there are no enemies attacking the towers. At first I didn't think it will be even possible to do it in the heat of battle, but now that I know I can just say things with a click of a button maybe coordination will not be so bad...

But that's only the easy part, the real hard part is trying to get the Super Hard Players to actually listen and pay attention to things like that, especially on the map, since that is more important than ever compared to the other missions. Well for now, I can only hope that taking the strategies that are posted here and putting into my Chat Macros will be good enough. Here's the ideas I managed to come up with I got from the story mode battle and this mission.

A. At least 4 people should handle a tower by themselves, if you see more than 4 people protecting one tower then you should go to another tower to protect it.

B. Stay near the tower you should be guarding and look at the map for more enemies that are heading your way. If there are none attacking your tower or about to, THEN you can go to the other tower, and help other players. Otherwise you're leaving a tower defenseless to be quickly destroyed by the self-destructing flies that you'll probably won't notice until it's too late.

C. Actually the most important strategy but your Priority Targets should be the Corrupted AIS's and the Red Towers, as well as the flies. Both the AIS and the towers shoot beams that will definitely destroy the towers in mere seconds if you don't put a stop to them fast enough.

D. Here's how to defeat the Corrupted AIS: 1st you can destroy their guns while they're getting ready to shoot it. 2nd. You can destroy both of the weak points at their ankles to stun them to permanently reveal a bigger weak point on their back.

E. Here's a big problem about the Corrupted AIS. As soon as they show up they'll get ready to shoot their beams almost immediately and they won't be marked any differently than the rest of the regular enemies, so you have to keep your eyes open. This is also why it's better to have at least 4 people on each tower, because if 1 person goes to confront the AIS, they'll leave the tower defenseless against the enemies that appear with it.

F. At least 3 people should be fighting against a boss or two, if you see at least 3 people fighting them, focus on defending the tower from the enemies that surround theme. Especially if you jump into a battle from another tower that isn't under attack at the moment and the 3 that's fighting the bosses aren't with one or more people fighting with them. (Keep in mind this is written with the other towers being attacked at the same time, if they're the only enemies there, then go all out.)

G. That being said don't focus on only the bosses, if the other Base Defense Missions haven't taught you that by that point, you need to know when to leave the fight to other people and protect the towers.

H. If you happen to be the only person on the AIS, focus on the enemies not on the bosses. Sure you can kill bosses faster but you can kill loads more enemies much faster and keep the towers safer than focusing on one boss. But at the very least you can still shoot the giant beam at them if you want to help people kill bosses much faster.

I. AIS has a harder time exploiting the Corrupted versions weaknesses than anyone else who wasn't in one. Like with the bosses don't put too much focus on them when you're in the AIS but at the same time at least destroy their gun if they're about to shoot beam.

J. In Story Mode, Apprentice was made to be destroyed by the AIS in Hardcore mode and I assume the same could be said for the actual raid itself. So it's very important to collect as many crystals as possible even if you're in the middle of battle, that way, you can use them at least twice during the raid.

Now am I going to use all of that in my chat Macros. No, I'm going to point out the important ones about grouping up, and then using them to ask for help with a tower. And that's it, I'm pretty sure there are proper strategies to complete the mission and that's kind of the point of this thread along with other kinds of discussions about it. But I hope these strategies and ideas will at least help some people out in completing this mission on the highest difficulties and I wish them luck in doing so.

I pretty much follow this rule in general for all of them:

I pick a tower, and for that UQ it is MY !@#$ING TOWER AND I WILL MURDER ANYTHING THAT TRIES TO TOUCH IT.

@Furious Man, Super Hard Players need more guys like you in the raid.

I discovered that I need to have a macro to warn other players that a base is being attacked, because most people don't pay attention to the map during battle.

Got a little closer to beating it today but it doesn't work if too many only focus on Apprentice. The only reason I got pass the 4 AIS ambush attack is because 2 of them can't hit the base with their beams because they're too far away.

Is it wrong i just collect crystals for a least a solid eighty percent of the time?

@Voyager no it is not wrong someone has to collect so people can heal towers or spawn ais and stuff

These things would go super much smoother if they didn't have those damn personal ranking things. This is the point that breaks everything in a random party because everyone wants to be number one. And that means you will see a bunch of players going gun-ho on everything everywhere while the towers get murdered.

I also pick a tower, and state that in chat. I also ask people to heal towers when I see them low. Still learning it though.

@Voyager said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

Is it wrong i just collect crystals for a least a solid eighty percent of the time?

Not really, I even wrote it as a strategy to pick up as many crystals as you can, even when enemies are around.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

These things would go super much smoother if they didn't have those damn personal ranking things. This is the point that breaks everything in a random party because everyone wants to be number one. And that means you will see a bunch of players going gun-ho on everything everywhere while the towers get murdered.

Yeah, that's really one of the main problems with these kinds of missions and just making people not really pay attention too much to the towers as closely as they can, and it really sucks when it becomes too late to notice a corrupted AIS getting ready to shoot a beam at a tower. I sometimes wonder how often I have to say that splitting up is a good idea but I normally refrain from doing so since in Extremely Hard is going smoothly for the most part... until the Apprentice shoots her beam. A new macro I made would be good to warn others about the other bases being in danger but it's kind of hard to say select it mid-battle.

@Ranmaru said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

I also pick a tower, and state that in chat. I also ask people to heal towers when I see them low. Still learning it though.

I think that's the best anyone can do during the mission.

Just make sure that saying that towers need healing is part of a selectable shortcut and not something you need to type out if you're an X-Box user.

I guess I'm lucky.. but I had no problems with this TD even on extreme difficulty. Maybe cause whenever I see that people just keep tunneling the boss instead of killing AIS and tower huggers I simply leave and queue for the next match.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

This. Too much. ^

@Zarozian said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

This. Too much. ^

I mean, this attitude is bearable in VH and below. Mobs there don't do enough damage in a short period of time to break things if a few characters are more worried about personal glory and that grinder or whatever item they get from being top 3. But SH and above need coordination. There's no other way around that. And coordination means that not only there will always be a lucky one getting into top 3 because more enemies spawned at his tower or he managed to collect more crystals because they dropped right on his face. But if all goes according to plan, everyone will have actually similar contribution scores. So top 3 shouldn't be really much higher than last place.

Ship 02 really sounds painful to be on.

@Pulptenks said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

Ship 02 really sounds painful to be on.

You say this like people aren't people regardless of the servers they play on.

Get real.

This happens when some people are trying to be the winner/leader 1,2,3. Should be three people for each tower and One man/woman playS a zone defense per three mans defensive for support on other towers.

@Furious said in Stay in your Lane/Base has never felt more appropriate for this Final Mining Base Defense Mission:

You say this like people aren't people regardless of the servers they play on. Get real.

Did you feel targeted?