Is anyone else that has this game on PC being force to reinstall every time an update happens?

I really enjoy this game but the one thing that really been getting to be is that every update I have to reinstall the whole game. I dont want to but it forces you too. Is anyone else having this trouble? I know that me and a bunch of my friends are having this trouble and some of them are thinking of quitting till this gets fixed. This is my 6 times reinstall this game and it dont take one or two hours. It takes half a day since its 11GB+. I have an internet speed of 200MBPS and it still takes me a long time. I just want to know if me and my friends are not the only one having to do this. Its getting to us.

It's happened to me a few times recently (upon update) and I use the MS Store. Only takes a few hours for me though, and I am persistent. Yet it is understandable if others give up due to this issue.

@Ranmaru Thanks I also have it in the MS. Been waiting for it to download but it sure taking its time. It just gets annoying because you go home and want to play but to find out that you have to spend the day re-downloading it. just hope they fix the problem. It been getting to us and we been talking about just taking a break for the next couple of months if this happens a couple of more time.

I do understand, I missed two PD's and a Magat due to that. Hopefully the different platforms that are coming might help with that. (Not a solution of itself, but possibly a better option for us)

Yes. This happens to me every time there's an update, and sometimes when there's not an update.

Imagine if you have data caps! I've had to do this several times and this morning the game was totally gone from my computer. I'm downloading it using the PSO Tweaker now to see if it makes any difference. If not, I'm going to stick with playing it only on Xbox until a steam version is released.

even with the pso2 tweaker for na you could face problems....one i had yesterday - the game simply didn open...i restart pc and an error popped after the game opened....i googled it and used the gameguard fix in tweaker...after that my screen was all black after i opened pso2....i then used the "new troubleshooter" and it downloaded 10 GB data afterwards....after all this it finally worked

@JuggernautGTX That makes me just want to stop playing on the PC. Unfortunately, it's so much more convenient compared to playing on my Xbox, so I'll give it a shot.

@Natty-Boh-man @TawnyWhisper800

It's worth noting that if you decide to use PSO2 Tweaker that if you do the initial 10 GB download from the MS Store, that negates the main benefit of tweaker. The ideal method is to do a complete installation from Tweaker and into a location that is not where the MS Store would install it.

When MS Store was messing up for me and I decided to uninstall. There were hidden back-up files hiding in a separate MutableBackUps folder - 2 copies of it, 55GB+ each

@Natty-Boh-man said in Is anyone else that has this game on PC being force to reinstall every time an update happens?:

@JuggernautGTX That makes me just want to stop playing on the PC. Unfortunately, it's so much more convenient compared to playing on my Xbox, so I'll give it a shot.

i rarely had problems with tweaker tho...this was the 2nd i had since the pc release...and tweaker does have tools to fix most of the problems you could face....i would give it a shot if you enjoy to play it on your pc more than xbox

Ive literally had to factory reset my pc because of this shit with the extra hidden files. I even use tweaker and followed the install guide and still had issues. It irritates the hell out of me but I dont want to pay for xbox live and feel better playing on pc so I keep toughing it out.

You don't need to factory reset, just use something like WizTree to take permission of the oxyna* directory (and all of its subfolder and files) and delete it that way.

So far no

Funny thing I tried to avoid the Microsoft store, since all the bad reviews, but the tweaker didn't work for me. So I said why not and so far I've had no issues with it yet.

Just Play on the JP servers.

Or

using the fan made Tweaker and the method in which they install on there (but hey at that point you may as well play on JP.)

ORRR

Steam. But if it also has the same issue, refer to the options above.

Goodluck, Arks.