first M rated Phantasy Star Title

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

@Alexandrious947 Real issues? How about you go complain about abuses of real children, huh? But nope, seems your more concerned with fictional small people. (which small adults do exist, of course)

Small characters would stop you from playing this game? Sounds more like your interest in this game isn't even much, if only takes that for you to not want to play it. Though yeah... guess you also have a problem with the "young" faces characters can have, since even with such a change - still able to create young looking characters.

Since yeah, Anime "art style" characters generally do "look young". If height is your only gripe, then thats just shallow.

Wanna know a fact? Go look up following, other than initial messing with Elin characters - later costumes are plenty sexual. So don't try to say that height change needs to stay, cause is an option to just let people like you be uncomfortable or what not. (though I tried staying away from censorship topic crap for a reason, so hopefully last see of me on this topic(otherwise chance of me just trolling))

Tera

Elins

Korean mmo. Elins are a race, much like xis taru, xivs lalafell, and so on. Want a western example? Halflings Everquest and Lord of the rings. Child like in appearance. But lore and racial details protects them.

PSO2. Does not have that. Whats being censored and will stay that way is the ability to create what will be perceived as small children be they duman, human or numan. They do not have lore armor. Thus why they are getting censored. Casts are ok. They are percieved by many as robots, cyborgs or android. Take your pick.

People like you are the reason why kids cant feel safe outside anymore. I was raised to be honorable and respectful to those who deserve it and do so in kind. Those that dont either due to ignorance or depravity. I correct them.

...Can we please not get into the censorship thing here ? I know it relates to the M rating and this thread is already needing to tread lightly but we have already had multiple threads closed for the exact same thing with the same people bringing up the same grievances which have been beaten to death now. Let's just leave it be. With the mass amount of attention the censorship issue has been on this forum, I'm sure SEGA has all the feedback they need since we are doing nothing but going in circles now and causing arguments for no reason.

@Alexandrious947 You keep saying things like you think it's an undeniable "fact" and are not wrong. If it was an undeniable fact, the young looking faces would be removed as well - like I said height is not the only thing you need to worry about. But whatever, go on with your silly shallowness and be triggered when the game releases - and see child like characters(cause you will either way).

That's me done now, though sure you will continue your holy crusade against small people.

Edit: @Diamond-Cats258 Good idea, just blocked him now... don't exactly like idea of not being open towards someones view/opinion, but they do just keep bringing it up - in that "it's undeniable fact" way(which personally censorship can really annoy me at times).

Just tag a mod, they should be on soon.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu I'm with you 100% but don't let him get to you. Just do yourself a favor and don't entertain him. He loves adding fuel to fire and likes derailing threads. It's not worth getting upset by his empty responses. Do yourself a favor and Block Him. Click his name and under More, select Block User. It will hide all of his posts and you never have to see any of his post.

@GM-Deynger or @GM-Rappie I don't wanna step on your toes but this man needs to be ban for continuing to bring up why the game needs to be censored. Links videos and tries to past off the characters as minors. Continues to add flames to the fire knowing full well that this topic triggers a lot of folks. A couple of threads have been closed for the very same reason. He does not add anything constructive to the thread and insults how people were raise or their lifestyle and goes on about how he was raised right. He needs to be dealt with.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu I hear you. I understand that some things aren't for everyone. Hell, there's some things I don't agree with in certain anime, eroge etc.. I just either never trigger the scene or I just relocate myself to another area if people trolling or spamming. No matter what, I firmly believe any kind of Censorship is wrong and feel that it's a violation of our Freedom of Speech. It's pretty much why I've grown to dislike the politics that plague the U.S. We have rating, policies, rules, contracts, many legal documents in place but ultimately seem to be a waste of time if companies decide to bend the knee so easily for a crowd all because they see something that goes against what they believe in.

This post is deleted!

@Diamond-Cats258 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

@RocKiee-Kyrosu I'm with you 100% but don't let him get to you. Just do yourself a favor and don't entertain him. He loves adding fuel to fire and likes derailing threads. It's not worth getting upset by his empty responses. Do yourself a favor and Block Him. Click his name and under More, select Block User. It will hide all of his posts and you never have to see any of his post.

@GM-Deynger or @GM-Rappie I don't wanna step on your toes but this man needs to be ban for continuing to bring up why the game needs to be censored. Links videos and tries to past off the characters as minors. Continues to add flames to the fire knowing full well that this topic triggers a lot of folks. A couple of threads have been closed for the very same reason. He does not add anything constructive to the thread and insults how people were raise or their lifestyle and goes on about how he was raised right. He needs to be dealt with.

The only one that needs to be banned is you dude. You keep shitposting without providing anything to the conversations and continue to mock those who provides you facts and evidence. Your the exact kind of individual I cannot tolerate. And Karma will get you one day.

I will continue to voice what I and others believe is the right thing. Thats why this is a discussion. If we believe something is very wrong and could ruin the experience or hurt the game, we will voice it and do so. You have no right to mock anyone or insult them calling them trolls. If I see you continue to do this, I will report every post you make. That I promise you. You keep downplaying me and others by calling us trolls, thinking we voice out for a lark, when we are actually very serious.

The M rating from what I seen is justified. And the censorship is happening to mitigate some of the extremes our western culture would have serious problems with. Its not being done cuz SEGA or Microsoft hates us. Its being done cuz they love us, they love our money. They want more money. Sega needs more money. Sega wants to buy the sun. Sega wants to blow up the sun. No more life.

🙂

By "we" you can just use "I" as it is just you audibly against it which is fine. I have no qualm with your on topic opinion personally. It's as valid as any other here and will likely win out in the end. That said, I do have a problem with you instantly labeling everyone a pedo via one insult or another because they want the same version as Japan while dismissing everything they say. Simply put, until you show respect for others opinions, you will not get respect for yours. That last sentence really works for everyone. Have a good rest of your day.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE

Its definitely We dude. The thing is their are others. Alot dont even need to post anything because they know the censorship is happening, and for good reason. They laugh cuz those screaming against it not understanding why and trying to justify things are delusional.

We want the same version as Japan, as in, actual gameplay content. For that to happen, SEGA will need to justify the spending to bring it over. M Rating is already a slight issue. But most parents will overlook it and allow their kids to buy Arks Cash with their credit cards. Spite the M Rating.

But soon as this scenario happens.....

• 11 year old Son peacefully playing PSO2 in room, is up at lobby chatting with friends*

Father walks in Hey Jimmy, how you liking the game you wanted some points for?

Its alot of fun dad! Could I get twenty dollars for some Arks Cash please? I want some cosmetics.

Sure Jim, you did good in school this week so why not? Let me go get....wait whats that?

Jimmy looks and sees what appears to be a child-like character in extremely tiny bikini doing a stripper pole dance, Jimmy immediately moves the camera Its nothing just me and my friends chatting!

Jim, that looks to me like a little girl your age in what is not appropriate for you to see

Shes a DWARF race dad!

Son, I looked up your game a little bit and saw no such race in it, that is a human girl, what looks to me is a human child.

Father grabs controller, and moves the camera .......son I can overlook your shooting games and such, but this? If your mother saw this. Yea im sorry. Closes the game, hits the uninstall

WHAT DAD NO! WHYYYY!?

The game will then have problems retaining that large group of potential paying players.

The stuff they wanna censor, that needs to be censored, is to prevent scenarios like this happening. Sorry to break this to you but when people want "All the Content" that Japan has, it isnt the super raunchy, and lewd stuff that can and will be looked down upon here by anyone with some decency, its the actual gameplay content, the missions, the new side stuff, story, equipment, features, events, etc. This is Phantasy Star, not waifu simulator.

And if anyone wants it that badly? They can mod it in, at least then no one will have to see it, especially children. You can mod in cosmetics, even custom ones. You cant mod in gameplay content, which is what people actually want.

And I never labeled anyone a Pedo. But some has shown inclination to being one over others thru what they stated. Either way. I do not tolerate being called a troll nor anyone else who voices their disdain for some of this stuff that we just do not want. We are dead serious.

Now me personally? M rating game, I hope they keep all the violent scenes and sad parts. Because in my 33 years of playing video games, I mostly play RPGs. And I always love a good story. Long as none of that is censored, then im cool with it.

I just used the mute feature or the block feature. My god this page looks so much better without that rambling XD

@Meta77 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

I just used the mute feature or the block feature. My god this page looks so much better without that rambling XD

Its not Rambling, its speaking out the truth. You simply could not handle it.

Im pretty sure you will be one of the first to mod stuff taken out back in.

Defeated another person using Logic and Reasoning. Whos next?

Yeah the only thing I find funny with it, is that some topics or people talking to each other kinda go off and it takes me a bit to realize that it was someone I had blocked.

I am curious if any future titles within PS MMO categories will continue to get the M rating by ESRB. I know on JP we got a rating increase a while back and some users on Line have been asking about trying to find out if that rating will be that way for future titles. It's not gonna deter any from playing but more so just curiosity.

Was it M in japan? I've never noticed a rating pc wise.

Was it M in japan? I've never noticed a rating pc wise.

Not until CERO changed it. It was C which is around the 15+ age group. It's now D which is 17+ age group.

Clarification, CERO is the Japanese equivalent to Western ESRB rating system.

@Alexandrious947 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE

Its definitely We dude. The thing is their are others. Alot dont even need to post anything because they know the censorship is happening, and for good reason. They laugh cuz those screaming against it not understanding why and trying to justify things are delusional.

We want the same version as Japan, as in, actual gameplay content. For that to happen, SEGA will need to justify the spending to bring it over. M Rating is already a slight issue. But most parents will overlook it and allow their kids to buy Arks Cash with their credit cards. Spite the M Rating.

But soon as this scenario happens.....

• 11 year old Son peacefully playing PSO2 in room, is up at lobby chatting with friends*

Father walks in Hey Jimmy, how you liking the game you wanted some points for?

Its alot of fun dad! Could I get twenty dollars for some Arks Cash please? I want some cosmetics.

Sure Jim, you did good in school this week so why not? Let me go get....wait whats that?

Jimmy looks and sees what appears to be a child-like character in extremely tiny bikini doing a stripper pole dance, Jimmy immediately moves the camera Its nothing just me and my friends chatting!

Jim, that looks to me like a little girl your age in what is not appropriate for you to see

Shes a DWARF race dad!

Son, I looked up your game a little bit and saw no such race in it, that is a human girl, what looks to me is a human child.

Father grabs controller, and moves the camera .......son I can overlook your shooting games and such, but this? If your mother saw this. Yea im sorry. Closes the game, hits the uninstall

WHAT DAD NO! WHYYYY!?

The game will then have problems retaining that large group of potential paying players.

The stuff they wanna censor, that needs to be censored, is to prevent scenarios like this happening. Sorry to break this to you but when people want "All the Content" that Japan has, it isnt the super raunchy, and lewd stuff that can and will be looked down upon here by anyone with some decency, its the actual gameplay content, the missions, the new side stuff, story, equipment, features, events, etc. This is Phantasy Star, not waifu simulator.

And if anyone wants it that badly? They can mod it in, at least then no one will have to see it, especially children. You can mod in cosmetics, even custom ones. You cant mod in gameplay content, which is what people actually want.

And I never labeled anyone a Pedo. But some has shown inclination to being one over others thru what they stated. Either way. I do not tolerate being called a troll nor anyone else who voices their disdain for some of this stuff that we just do not want. We are dead serious.

Now me personally? M rating game, I hope they keep all the violent scenes and sad parts. Because in my 33 years of playing video games, I mostly play RPGs. And I always love a good story. Long as none of that is censored, then im cool with it.

You keep painting this picture of a loli infestation. As if it will be a pandemic of unprecedented proportions and we will be overrun by them at every turn. That our every waking moment, every hair raising second, breathless minutes, will be utterly and entirely consumed by people RPing small characters. As if we will all wake up in cold sweats in the dead of night screaming "BEGONE, LOLI!" while our loved ones begin to fracture in front of us, their sanity slowly eroded over hours of in-game exposure.

It won't stop there though. The lolis will take to the streets. Open revolt and revolution will consume PSO2. The religion of lolis will recruit far and wide from the recesses of the internet. Their pact with the pPrnce of Darkers will be realized and we will all be helpless to defeat the final reckoning of lolidom.

The last thing we will remember seeing is their child-like faces as we lie, fetal, on the ground and they close in from all sides.

Then suddenly, you open your eyes. Was it just a dream? A bad nightmare caused by a combination of welding, late night energy drinks and Wendy's Baconators? With a trembling hand you wipe some sweat from your brow. "You're fine," you repeat to yourself a few times. Stumbling around you can barely get your footing. Something feels different, but you chalk it up to the hyper-realistic lucid dream state you were just in. The bathroom calls you. Standing in front of the mirror you are compelled to wash your face. Maybe that will finally bring you back into the real world. You run your hands under the water but through your entire body runs a chill instead. "Have my hands always been this small?" You start to shake. You know you cannot do what comes next, but you must. Your compulsion twists your insides into screaming fire. You must look up into the mirror to face yourself. You have to answer the question that has been burning in the back of your mind this entire time. You turn your face up to the mirror but shut your eyes. "You have to look. You MUST look. It's the only way..." With your last bit of courage, you blast open your eyelids.

The moment of horror lasts a million and one lifetimes.

Your face.

It's... It's too young.

It can't be.

You reach a hand out to the cold glass. The temperature feedback confirms it's just a mirror. No tricks here.

Panic starts to race through your mind.

"It was just a game. None of this can be real. It - it's not possible." But the mirror doesn't lie. The mirror never lies. Staring back at you is the reflection of your deepest fears manifest in physical form.

You have become the loli. You have become the enemy.

But it was only a game, right?