first M rated Phantasy Star Title

@Alexandrious947 all we know is that the height slider's minimum height had been changed, possibly to avoid the creation of child-like characters who can wear all the skimpy outfits. However, the GMs have stated that this may change from the Closed Beta to Open Beta, given the request had been made in the suggestions page, I wouldn't count it as confirmed until we see its still present in the Open Beta.

@Leonkh99 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

@Alexandrious947 all we know is that the height slider's minimum height had been changed, possibly to avoid the creation of child-like characters who can wear all the skimpy outfits. However, the GMs have stated that this may change from the Closed Beta to Open Beta, given the request had been made in the suggestions page, I wouldn't count it as confirmed until we see its still present in the Open Beta.

All it takes is a spark.

Seen it so many times

Sighs....feel old.

Mind you... if it does stay I can understand why. Given the game's going to be managed by SEGA of Japan, they may be too familiar with the kinds of things you can do on the Japanese version and may want to avoid a potential controversy the game may receive over "sexualization of minors". Yes, some creeps can use the Symbol Art to make... things, but this is unintentional on SEGA's part and would be against their terms of service either way.

However, being able to make a short character is a 'feature' as is being able to wear various costumes, some of which can be very revealing. It is literally, a choice the game lets you make.

It doesn't matter if the game's got an M rating already, the M rating is there for other reasons which I have cited before. This is at best, damage control to prevent any potential negative attention the game may get over this.

Mind you... if it does stay I can understand why.

https://youtu.be/TFGf9bGO2kg

Yep, I can understand too.

🙂

Except the game does not let you explicitly create a child or underage characters.

And oh look^, there is someone trying to say a small character(/somone of small stature) is a child again... if you actually think that, why are you posting a link to a video that would get you in trouble - if that was a depiction of a child?

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

Except the game does not let you explicitly create a child or underage characters.

And oh look^, there is someone trying to say a small character(/somone of small stature) is a child again... if you actually think that, why are you posting a link to a video that would get you in trouble - if that was a depiction of a child?

Kettle meet pot.

🙂

@RocKiee-Kyrosu , you do raise a fair point I was mainly trying to explain how SEGA might be seeing things. While you don't explicitly make a child-like character, you do make a character that can resemble a child and even sound like on and this, in SEGA's eyes, might be grounds for controversy who may only look at the surface level fact... 'its a child' regardless whether it is or not. Controversy over this title is the last thing SEGA would want...

As I previously stated though, this censorship will only be confirmed if its present in the Open Beta and Final game and im neither for or against it... but yes wanted to give a potential reasoning to why SEGA might have done the change.

@Leonkh99 @RocKiee-Kyrosu Do not waste your time and effort with the troll. He has no bases or concrete evidence on what the Devs are doing. All we can do for now is to keep letting Sega know that we want the same game as the our JP counterpart. It's possible that Sega tried to pull a fast one on us thinking no one will notice but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it probably was a glitch as there were many bugs present in the game. That guy claims he's a parent and family friendly but lets kids under his watch play games like Doom. He has no credibility whatsoever.

While you don't explicitly make a child-like character, you do make a character that can resemble a child and even sound like on and this, in SEGA's eyes, might be grounds for controversy who may only look at the surface level fact... 'its a child' regardless whether it is or not. Controversy over this title is the last thing SEGA would want...

I play alot of Otaku games. That M rating is there for a reason. Many games with more questionable things have be release just fine. Nintendo, Family-Friendly Nintendo, doesn't really interfere with third party games and you should see some of the stuff that's on that eShop. I don't count Tokyo Mirage Sessions because that game was developed under a different ideology of Nintendo and with the infamous Treehouse...

@Diamond-Cats258 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

@Leonkh99 @RocKiee-Kyrosu Do not waste your time and effort with the troll. He has no bases or concrete evidence on what the Devs are doing. All we can do for now is to keep letting Sega know that we want the same game as the our JP counterpart. It's possible that Sega tried to pull a fast one on us thinking no one will notice but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it probably was a glitch as there were many bugs present in the game. That guy claims he's a parent and family friendly but lets kids under his watch play games like Doom. He has no credibility whatsoever.

Basis is 20 years experience in mmo trends 33 in video games, and a solid education on politics and culture Bruddah. 🙂

And we should not waste time on you....

We know what you want in the end.....

A glitch in character creation on a 8 year old game.....

You bad bad man.

🙂

FYI. It honestly doesnt pay to interact with Alex as he repeats the same stuff over and over, has been the only person I've seen on the forums insult the mods, REPEATEDLY break countless rules and is allowed to continually do so with no rappie intervention for whatever reason. Your time is best spent doing literally anything else.

Thanks for the advice @Z0DIAK-BRAVE . I do honestly wanna avoid this becoming the Censorship thread all over again, to be honest... what needed to be said had been said in both there and the suggestions page.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

Snip

The only good thing that came from the Troll was the fact he gave me a new song to add to my collection of music. Anywho, I'm excited. I wanna play more PSO2. I wanna know what's gonna be available at launch so I can prepare myself and enter a world of PSO2 addiction. As for a side note, the fact that I can't delete my own post because I don't have enough "Privileges" is bonk.

tenor.gif

FYI. It honestly doesnt pay to interact with Alex as he repeats the same stuff over and over, has been the only person I've seen on the forums insult the mods, REPEATEDLY break countless rules and is allowed to continually do so with no rappie intervention for whatever reason. Your time is best spent doing literally anything else.

Dude.

You repeat the same excuses and such. All the time.

Just stop. Im sorry your parents didnt raise you right. Its happened to alot growing up around the 2000s, I get it.

But you dont have to harass someone whos stating real facts, providing evidence, and uses past history to back it up.

Thats the problem with your generation. You do not learn from history. Its why korean mmos do so well here for example because most players do not learn the 10th time they spent thousands of dollars into p2w garbage and hate themselves for it and think next game will do better. Only to get lied to. Again.

Same thing with censorship. We seen it happen, they dont do it to spite you. They do it cuz of money boyo. And many of you who seen it happen time and time again, just do not LEARN. You then proceed to make constant complaint threads about it instead of complaining about real issues.

As for me? Im fine with some censorship. As I said, myself and many others are glad they removed the ability to make "small children" because it was a deterrent for most of us to wanna play this game.

Chill already.

Yeesh.

@Diamond-Cats258 said in first M rated Phantasy Star Title:

Snip

The only good thing that came from the Troll was the fact he gave me a new song to add to my collection of music. Anywho, I'm excited. I wanna play more PSO2. I wanna know what's gonna be available at launch so I can prepare myself and enter a world of PSO2 addiction. As for a side note, the fact that I can't delete my own post because I don't have enough "Privileges" is bonk.

tenor.gif

So im the troll when you could not provide any facts while I did? And continued to insult me and others who have decency?

Ok then. Hope your Alliance your leading isnt made up of individuals with your mind set. Wouldnt wanna play with anyone like that.

Well this been off topic. But as far as the M Rating goes. Theirs alot in the game to garner it. Long as they dont censor the violent scenes im fine with it.

@Alexandrious947 Real issues? How about you go complain about abuses of real children, huh? But nope, seems your more concerned with fictional small people. (which small adults do exist, of course)

Small characters would stop you from playing this game? Sounds more like your interest in this game isn't even much, if only takes that for you to not want to play it. Though yeah... guess you also have a problem with the "young" faces characters can have, since even with such a change - still able to create young looking characters.

Since yeah, Anime "art style" characters generally do "look young". If height is your only gripe, then thats just shallow.

Wanna know a fact? Go look up following for example, other than initial messing with Elin characters - later costumes are plenty sexual. So don't try to say that height change needs to stay, cause is an option to just let people like you be uncomfortable or what not. (though I tried staying away from censorship topic crap for a reason, so hopefully last see of me on this topic(otherwise chance of me just trolling))

Tera

Elins