Will you continue playing PSO2 or wait for Genesis?

@TINPAN22 where did you get that genea consensus? I've seen maybe 15 people cry about it (90% on this forum).

Most of us didn't wait 8 years just to decide not to play the remainder of the episodes because of the extremely vocal minority.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Will you continue playing PSO2 or wait for Genesis?:

@TINPAN22 where did you get that genea consensus? I've seen maybe 15 people cry about it (90% on this forum).

Most of us didn't wait 8 years just to decide not to play the remainder of the episodes because of the extremely vocal minority.

@John-Paul-RAGE 90% of people? You just answered your own question...

Im gonna be honest i just skip the story just did for the sg and rewards ^^ . At the end of the day its up to you /peps if they want to play so yeah glhf. see you at PSO2 NG and a little bit ps02 O.G.

@TINPAN22 90% of 15 = general consensus?

Are we counting just the forums or reddit as well? /think

@John-Paul-RAGE Well the last time I checked how percentages work, 90% would suggest the majority. So yeah. But Like I said, that would be the general consensus from what ‘I’VE SEEN’. I haven’t done a clinical study, dude.

A quick glance of the Reddit and the Twitter responses will give you an idea of how the community feels regarding this.

@Alexandrious947 reddit is for robots.

@TINPAN22 that answer explains a lot.

@John-Paul-RAGE Well the last time I checked how percentages work, 90% would suggest the majority. So yeah. But Like I said, that would be the general consensus from what ‘I’VE SEEN’. I haven’t done a clinical study, dude.

A quick glance of the Reddit and the Twitter responses will give you an idea of how the community feels regarding this.

That general consensus isn't even supported in this thread, though. More people here say that they will continue playing than not. Some people are upset now, sure, and they should voice that, but acting like they speak for the entire community is less than helpful.

Short of having released PSO2 in NA years ago (which would have been ideal), this is probably the best way that they could have gone about this move. If they wanted to release New Genesis worldwide but let PSO2 players keep their stuff, which is a very cool way to handle such a big upgrade, releasing in NA first, even if only for a year gives us a chance to get some of those legacy items. If they had just waited to release NG worldwide next year, you can bet many of the same voices that are complaining now would be complaining about not having a chance to get the old stuff before NG launches.

For me, the game is still fun, and NG looks like it will also be fun. More accessories is a huge win! 🤗

@StarUnicorn said in Will you continue playing PSO2 or wait for Genesis?:

That general consensus isn't even supported in this thread, though. More people here say that they will continue playing than not. Some people are upset now, sure, and they should voice that, but acting like they speak for the entire community is less than helpful.

Short of having released PSO2 in NA years ago (which would have been ideal), this is probably the best way that they could have gone about this move. If they wanted to release New Genesis worldwide but let PSO2 players keep their stuff, which is a very cool way to handle such a big upgrade, releasing in NA first, even if only for a year gives us a chance to get some of those legacy items. If they had just waited to release NG worldwide next year, you can bet many of the same voices that are complaining now would be complaining about not having a chance to get the old stuff before NG launches.

For me, the game is still fun, and NG looks like it will also be fun. More accessories is a huge win! 🤗

I specifically said from what “I had seen” and I was replying to somebody’s question about why people would stop playing. I was not referring to this thread. I made this thread to gauge exactly what the general consensus was. I don’t see anybody here speaking for the entire community either.

numbers don't lie. if you look on ship 3 market you will see that a handful number of players has already stop playing / spending

Why not play it? Continue to grab those cosmetics because those will carry over.

@TINPAN22 Claiming that the general consensus is a particular thing is speaking for the entire community. If that's what you've seen, fine, but that does not make it the general consensus. I was merely using this thread as a reference to point out that claiming that consensus is a stretch at this point.

@StarUnicorn Hence why I literally used the phrase “that I’ve seen”. How you read that as me stating it as fact I do not know...

Using this thread for reference whilst it’s in its infancy is pointless. If you think it’s a stretch I’d suggest you go take a glance at the Reddit and Twitter.

@TINPAN22 You literally used the word consensus, too. That implies that you are passing on some knowledge of the community as a whole.

I'm not claiming that the community feels one way or the other on this, just voicing my opinion on the changes.

@StarUnicorn it won't work. The dictionary is just another baseless claim to him, he is so woke that he restructured English grammar to support his alternative facts.