I normally would recommend using the windows 10 App store to install the game, but there is some major aspects of Phantasy Star Online 2 that need to be addressed before I can safely suggest any users install the game from the windows 10 app store.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Launcher is not Windows 10 App Store Compliant

The Phantasy Star Online 2 Launcher included on the windows 10 store is a Desktop Application masquerading as a Windows 10 App store application. This is a major problem because the launcher repeatedly ignores the Microsoft Documentation clearly stating that "Write inside the package" is "Not allowed. The package is read-only.". ( See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/desktop/desktop-to-uwp-behind-the-scenes ). This is the whole reason for more than 85% of the 1 Star review on the application store.

Windows Patches Lead to Reinstalls

All Windows 10 Patches ( on Windows 10 November 2019 Update ) will cause the Windows 10 App store to flag the application as corrupted once you fully update the game. In general this will be fixed by honoring the guidelines I mentioned before.

Drive Cleanup Issues

This is also caused by the launcher. The launcher creates files that are not in the windows 10 manifest, and this alone causes a nightmare cleaning up the program. In general the launcher adds files that are not meant to be in the app store package, and on top of this gives the files incorrect permissions.

System Reinstall Required

The repeated file trashing leads to the only fix to be reinstalling windows from scratch. I personally have had to do this because the windows 10 app store automatic cleanup simply renames the folder and leaves all the trash the Phantasy Star Online 2 Launcher created.

Also on a side note, I have been contacting the Support staff in regards to this issue and have multiple tickets. A general solution to all of the repeated reinstall problems is to have the launcher safely store the game data files in a folder outside of the actual application package path ( namely C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppPackageName ).