PSO2/PSO2 NGS Updated System Requirements?

I doubt we can receive any 100% concrete answer right now, but what do you think the new system requirements will be for PSO2 after the graphical update? What do you think the system requirements will be for PSO2 NGS? I have a good PC: Nvida 1080, Intel i7-8700, 16Gb RAM, 8Gb VRAM. But I'm super paranoid by nature when it comes to my PC and how hot it will run with new programs/games. I just wanna know how it's recommended specs will compare to other games I play.

@Hatsodoom Will run well. It's not like they will make the new game use ray tracing or super advanced stuff like that. And even if it does, that stuff can be turned off. The main issue would be the exact same issue we have right now. Stability. Since it will most likely keep using MS Store if the Steam release does not become reality. We DO hope a Steam release comes, but with MS we never really know.

Well, the fact that the JP version will be playable on PS4 and the Switch cloud version indicates that, at the very least the minimum/normal graphic options should be playable in systems powered by a ps4 level of hardware.

And I'm also on a 1080 non T1, and a i7 8700k. So pretty similar system to OP. And I don't worry about it. This setup is very future proof and I suppose it may start struggling after 2022, and that's only with new games, of course. I also don't believe they will want to lose the part of the player base who cannot upgrade because of the current world situation.

@ZorokiHanuke Thanks, that gives me some peace of mind. Now hopefully the graphical update doesn't screw with my character's proportions or facial expressions or anything like that. (Yes, I am autistic, that's why I pointlessly worry about dumb crap.) My hope is that the PSO2 graphical update comes a few months before NGS.

@Hatsodoom said in PSO2/PSO2 NGS Updated System Requirements?:

@ZorokiHanuke Thanks, that gives me some peace of mind. Now hopefully the graphical update doesn't screw with my character's proportions or facial expressions or anything like that. (Yes, I am autistic, that's why I pointlessly worry about dumb crap.) My hope is that the PSO2 graphical update comes a few months before NGS.

Even if it did, it´s almost a given that we will be given at least 1 salon ticket or the chance to re-create our character once the game switches to the NG engine, because at least in JP, they give us tons of passes and remakes for much less than an overhaul.

Yah and Salon Passes are pretty easy to get, I have over 10 at the moment. I'm trying to tell myself not to worry for now since it's at least a year away. But OCD sadly does not work that easily.

@Hatsodoom said in PSO2/PSO2 NGS Updated System Requirements?:

Yah and Salon Passes are pretty easy to get, I have over 10 at the moment. I'm trying to tell myself not to worry for now since it's at least a year away. But OCD sadly does not work that easily.

Do also remember that the NG engine will not only bring new character models, but undoubtedly will also bring a gazillion of new costumes and accessories, which may make you want to completely remake your character regardless.

So it may very well be that once it releases, you will not even want your current character to remain as is even if you could.

Heh, except for my OG-style RAmar you may have a point.

If the models are updated to a point where the current character edits look different, then a salon pass should be a must from them. But having worked with 3D models myself and seen how they work from the inside, my best bet will be that faces and general proportions will not be too heavily edited due to how things like animations interact with models (weight painting is a b***h after all). You may want to throw in a visual overhaul to your game, but if you want some of your old assets working (like animations and face expressions), you won't mess too much with your core models.