New Genesis Wishlist! (Come on y'all let's inspire SEGA to make a truly Next-Gen experience.)

• Cave/bunker exploration with semi-claustrophobic corridors. There's a lot of terrain verticality shown in the new footage that should be put to good use. Speaking of verticality, the massive enemies might require air movement, so I'd nominate Gunvalkyrie as an optimal skill-based movement system. GV1.jpg

• Tweaked story progression. As I mentioned in another thread, the very disjointed feeling I'm getting now for the main story could be alleviated by reintroducing the scattered quest markers on the field, but leaving the rather wonky Matter Board system. Also dotting the landscape could be quest giver stations, so that returning to the main base/ship won't be immediately necessary for a new assignment. 42f2c777-6e5e-4be3-afcb-a7cdcefc7f65-image.png

• Chao Garden, naturally. Chao!.jpg

• MAG utility: Need extra storage? Upgrade your MAG for storage; trade-off for other functionality of course.

Dinosaurs

I'm hoping it's a bit more MMO like as in actual life skills and relaxing activities outside of combat. Maybe shared zones worlds that you don't need to be in a mission to access but can leave the town/ship and explore with small hubs where merchants might be.

That'd be amazing. Leaving the ship and just going on a journey without any direct mission and being able to level up skills.

Mind you I still want the base gameplay! Just something expanded additional MMO qualities would be nice

My wish? That the term "collaboration" will no longer mean items you spend money on and rather have integrated quests that involve characters from that collaboration, similar to how Monster Hunter World did it.

@John-Paul-RAGE I pretty much missed the Monster Hunter boat, how did the characters work together? Any Youtube links?

@Arjiuna this is the Witcher 3 collab, a whole run down of it.

https://youtu.be/jIDYdcJJ7xw

I don't presume we're going to Coral but something like a co-op or single player Eternal Tower mode with varying difficulties would be cool.

Since this game gives off alot of XenoBlade Chronicles X vibes, what with the huge terrain and large scale enemy encounters, I am hoping they add the ability to fully/freely unlock and customize our own mechs/AIS, similar to how it is handled in XCX.

@Redex said in New Genesis Wishlist! (Come on y'all let's inspire SEGA to make a truly Next-Gen experience.):

I don't presume we're going to Coral but something like a co-op or single player Eternal Tower mode with varying difficulties would be cool.

I would love the return of the Eternal Tower.

PSO 2 has the closest thing to class balance a PSO game has had. I hope this is improved upon. Maintain a balance between Techniques, Ranged, and Melee. Provide real chances to play support roles that can buff, debuff, and heal.

A lot of multiplayer action RPGs suffer the same problems when enemies have such low HP and damage is incredibly high. The characters that have high mobility and damage destroy everything. All of the other characters just get to run behind and catch up to where they are and pick up loot. I think the appeal of a super cool flying swordsman swimming through the air slaughtering everything is something used to draw in new players. Requiring actual teamwork instead of one man armies will keep players playing longer.

@Untreelike said in New Genesis Wishlist! (Come on y'all let's inspire SEGA to make a truly Next-Gen experience.):

PSO 2 has the closest thing to class balance a PSO game has had.

Instead of one man armies.

I cannot hear what you are saying over the sound of Gunners going pew pew.

IN GAME FRIEND LIST. PLEASE. I don't have an Xbox One and don't plan on getting any Xbox consoles in the future. I also don't really play a lot of online games on the MS exclusives side of things. So I would like to have a freaking friend list for PSO2....

i wish for a cross-ship instanced gaming

insanely large maps to explore and interact with

partys of 12 players (not just 4 player ones)

reasonable rewarded and thought through pvp ranking system wich encourages even none pvp players to join

open world pvp options (wich cannot be disabled - but should not affect the main game much)

none tradeable endgame weapons

what i dont want:

guild rankings

guild wars alike

RMT

Tradeable currency that impacts the game alot (no second platinum)

@John-Paul-RAGE said in New Genesis Wishlist! (Come on y'all let's inspire SEGA to make a truly Next-Gen experience.):

That the term "collaboration" will no longer mean items you spend money on and rather have integrated quests that involve characters from that collaboration, similar to how Monster Hunter World did it.

You do know the Evangelion collab has an entire UQ, right?

@Ephemiel you do know we just had a Konosuba collab, right?

Anything you mention from JP that hasn't happened here yet isn't part of the conversation because PSO2NA has only had 1 version of a collab, which is AC purchases.