So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?

@Thirstday They said so themselves in their explanation on what is and isn't transfering.

@Thirstday

For clarity to add to @Knight-Raime , what they said, and what has been translated from Japanese twitter, is that all registered account items will transfer, which the community has interpreted, reasonably so, as including hair, innerwear, base wear, accessories, and anything that requires you to consume a ticket to have it.

What we don't know is about the items like outerwear, costumes, and weapon skins that don't lock to your account like that.

@RayearthIX

Right. Tis what I said in my initial statement here.

@Knight-Raime

@RayearthIX

What has been translated is

『PSO2』のキャラクタークリエイト情報やロビーアクションに関連するアイテムや過去の登録情報は、すべて『PSO2:NGS』と共有可能です!

PSO2 character creator data and lobby action and related registered items, ALL(すべて) will be shared in PSO2 NG
including items linked to emotes and other previously registered data

Please note there is no ALL qualifier except for lobby action/emotes related items. In the ENglish version they explicitly say "OTHER" which is not ALL as such we have no idea if accessories actually come with it, merely optimism right now which I hope they do but yeah we just don't know

@Thirstday

Okay but emotes have to be consumed to be registered. So it only makes sense that means all things that we consume to register will follow suit.

@Knight-Raime said in So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?:

@Thirstday

Okay but emotes have to be consumed to be registered. So it only makes sense that means all things that we consume to register will follow suit.

Items related to emotes is the clear implication

@Thirstday So... I'm just going to copy my post from another thread and repost it here, as it's pertinent.

There are 2 assumptions being made by people.

1. Anything not listed as NOT being transferable is transferrable.
  2. Anything not listed as transferable is NOT transferrable.

Both of these are speculative assumptions because the information hasn't been provided. I've read the NA announcement, and I've read speculation on this board and on reddit, and that's all it is right now, speculation, because they haven't said affirmatively one way or the other.

So, those who are saying we shouldn't be so negative might be right, and I hope they are. Likewise, those who are being negative might be right, and I hope we aren't. I would just like confirmation from SEGA one way or the other.

@RayearthIX Agreed it'd be great if we could but the careful corporate vagueness has me concerned and I hop a gm @GM-Deynger or someone can shed some light

@Thirstday

ima have to disagree. It wouldn't make sense to only carry over emotes and not other registered items. If they'd go to the effort to check what items we have registered to the character it really shouldn't be hard for them to grab the rest.

I can agree that they should be more clear. But i'm betting it's intentionally vague because everything is still being figured out. I'm personally going to opperate under the assumption that it's all items registered.

@Knight-Raime Emotes actually make the most sense, there is already capture/animation data that they can port onto the new character rigs.

@Knight-Raime Nah you can see they have the default costume and an accessory. The items are also bound to your account/character so depending on how we define carried over it could mean that you have them but they are not useable. So assumption for me is that SOME accessories or costumes will be usable and others will become usable as they feel like making models for.

Who knows maybe when gacha's come back around they'll reimplement or remodel some of the old content and make it available then along with some new content

At least I know now not to spend any meseta on anything that isn't cosmetic.

@IzzyData What else are you supposed to spend meseta on?

@majikero said in So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?:

@IzzyData What else are you supposed to spend meseta on?

Moon Atomizer

You can bet your ass that almost everyone would quit if Sega didn't let emotes and cosmetic BS transfer. Or maybe not since all they do is AFK in the gate area...