So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?

@Thirstday It isn't an argument or an opinion.

fa862436-fe97-4759-afd4-8e67125f0bb4-image.png

Please inform the jury of what registered data means to you in regards to the character creation system.

@John-Paul-RAGE

Do you really not understand what Other means

You see you have this concept called ALL this means everything. I.e. The man ate ALL of the skittles.

In this example there is no doubt that the man has consumed the bag of skittles.

Then you have the concept of OTHER. I.e. The man ate All the red skittles and other skittles.

In this example there is ambiguity as to if ALL the skittles were eaten. Did he eat the entire bag? Did he eat the blue ones or oranges or maybe a combination? You do not know

That is the point. If there are any other rudimentary comments you would like me to explain I can do that as well

@Thirstday That doesn't answer my question, it references something else entirely.

I asked what registration data means to you.

What all is registered? Do you know? Can you name five items that involve registration?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?:

@Thirstday That doesn't answer my question, it references something else entirely.

I asked what registration data means to you.

What all is registered? Do you know? Can you name five items that involve registration?

That isn't the point of the thread. shoo shoo

@Thirstday because you don't want to be lead to a logical conclusion without someone of authority telling you what to think.

they could come right out and say all of the cosmetics we have purchased will carry over, but they don't. that alone is enough to give me doubt, especially after how we have been treated in the past.

furnishings not carrying over is a bit worrisome as well, and it says "subject to change" right at the bottom, meaning things could be added to the list as well as removed.

I'll add that I would guess we will be able to bring them in, but not all the models will be fully updated.

Think of it this way: If you transfer ships, your character will retain all the stuff that has been registered to your character (accessories, emotes, basewear, etc.), but you won't retain things like costumes that are in storage.

NGS will probably work in a similar way. The unclear part is if you can transfer clothing/outerwear/etc. (anything that is an equippable item not a used ticket, basically).

yeah that's what I was thinking. "registered data" would apply to basewear and innerwear, but not outer and outfits.

The wording they used leaves them room to say that those will not carry over, or at least some may not have the models updated.

I think outerwear and outfits (so item costumes) will be carried over alt text

Default PSO2 HUmar costume in PSO2 NGS.

@Ilúvatar said in So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?:

Think of it this way: If you transfer ships, your character will retain all the stuff that has been registered to your character (accessories, emotes, basewear, etc.), but you won't retain things like costumes that are in storage.

NGS will probably work in a similar way. The unclear part is if you can transfer clothing/outerwear/etc. (anything that is an equippable item not a used ticket, basically).

Equipment such as weapons and units are already confirmed to be carried over, and as @Vashzaron points out, the part of the trailer in the pic implies that regular outfits are carried over, since they show the current PSO2 default human hunter outfit on NGS in a section of the trailer that is about what is carried over.

Yeah, but how many outfits? Just what you have equipped? Whatever is in your inventory? That's the question. No need to worry about it though. If you want something to use it in PSO2, then get it and use it.

what he pointed out is that one single costume carries over, and technically that costume was part of the initial character creation. can't really point to that and say everything else will be there too.

and if I remember correctly units will be invisible, meaning they do not have models just stats and an icon in your inventory.

@MiyenHalo said in So do cosmetics/costumes carry over?:

what he pointed out is that one single costume carries over, and technically that costume was part of the initial character creation. can't really point to that and say everything else will be there too.

The defaults are different on NGS from what we can see so far. Since most of the trailer uses the new defaults, showing the old default in the new game in a part of the trailer that is about carrying over data implies that equipable outfits can be carried over. Though as @Ilúvatar says, it remains to be seen what limitations there will be when it comes to how much will be carried over (only inventory? or inventory and all storage?).

and if I remember correctly units will be invisible, meaning they do not have models just stats and an icon in your inventory.

Yeah, but it's still pieces of equipment (that is, not tickets that have been registered on the char) that are carried over. Weapons will keep their appearance at least.

It means Casts get a giant metal boot to the exhaust pipe.

Casts don't have outfits their parts aren't registered outside of the head as the arms, legs, and body are all separate items. They wouldn't go out of their way to say registered items unless they meant only registered items. People are complaining about this or that but the Cast players get the worst end of things from what I'm reading.

I have plenty of innerwear and basewear registered on my Cast though???