Console Launch Exclusive

If it doesn't effect others in anyway then I don't see it as a concern, regardless of when a certain item is obtained. I do agree that not having a beta was bad though, I do want a beta for PC and not just console.

@Ranmaru said in Console Launch Exclusive:

It isn't a competition though .

Sure, it´s not a competition, it´s not like on PSO2NA early play XBOXERS made literal HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MESETA before we even got to play the game, selling even mundane items such as PA Disks, or mid tier weapons that used to be rare on release for hundreds of K each, whereas now we are better off vendoring them for 2000 meseta.

Face it, playing early in a MMORPG allows you to make a good profit and dominate the early economy, and gives you a leg forward for potentially a very long time, allowing you to be better equipped and ready than someone joining late.

And this matters because being better equipped and rich ensures you to always ride the wave and more easily farm and obtain even more riches as new tiers of content are released, as opposed to being swallowed by it.

Yes, playing a MMORPG from the start matters.

You know how much a Nemesis weapon costed during the XBOX exclusivity? 1 to 2 m a piece.

You know how much they cost now?

35 to 50m.

Markets are funny like that and entering a market late is very nocive and makes things harder.

@IfrianMMO This is exactly why I don't fucking want to join in two months later. I do multiple classes and I don't feel like farming 7 Slave weapons for each of them,so I'd usually buy at least a few and be done with it. I have very bad luck in PSO2,it took me litterally 35 hours to get a SINGLE Nemesis,and I was lucky enough it was one that could be sold for 30 millions. I wanted a quick sale and sold it off at like 15 millions,this allowed me to get a few comsetics I wanted AND my Bow. But with how much dominance over the PC fanbase,the Xbox players have an unfair economical advantage.

Early Xbox player here, didn't make money until a month ago. Example of how the market isn't necessary, it is only supplemental. I play for the game, not the market. The timing won't change our level of enjoyment of the game.

@Ranmaru Just because YOU didn't,doesn't mean that other people did not. The fact of the matter is that a LOT of people used their early play time to focus on this and seized control of the market. I love when people make the 'i didn't do it/I wasn't affected so all of this isn't valid' argument.

Probably off topic, but I saw this on JP and it has me curious:

Screenshot_20200724-122740_Chrome.jpg

PC cloud versio In that interview I shared, Aaron Green was talking about making Xbox games more accessible to mobile markets through cloud gaming and mentioned Japan specifically.

Obviously this doesn't say what it is specifically, but it makes me think that there won't be an issue with it coming to PC and Xbox One at the same time.

'I play for the game, not the market. The timing won't change our level of enjoyment of the game.' This is the very definition of what I just said.

You DO NOT represent everyone. Your PERSONAL enjoyment isn't the same as everyone else. And sadly,for a lot of people,the cosmetic and the market DOES play a huge role.

@John-Paul-RAGE I am really hopeful that it will be released on every PSO2 supported platform at the same time,because I don't know if I am going to bother with dealing with that shit all over again.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Console Launch Exclusive:

'I play for the game, not the market. The timing won't change our level of enjoyment of the game.' This is the very definition of what I just said.

You DO NOT represent everyone. Your PERSONAL enjoyment isn't the same as everyone else. And sadly,for a lot of people,the cosmetic and the market DOES play a huge role.

You do not represent everyone either....

@Scerms77 No I don't. HOWEVER the fact of the matter remains. The people who play early HAVE an advantage to seize control. This isn't rocket science. And that was the whole point. If you have nothing to add whatsoever to the discussion,why even bother commenting just to be a smartass?

@Morgothryuzaki said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Scerms77 No I don't. HOWEVER the fact of the matter remains. The people who play early HAVE an advantage to seize control. This isn't rocket science. And that was the whole point. If you have nothing to add whatsoever to the discussion,why even bother commenting just to be a smartass?

I did add to the conversation, probably reading isnt your strenght...just gave you your own medicine to swallow.

Yet it won't affect you as a player. We also don't have information on markets for NG. I don't see the point in playing for the market and not the game. It is trivial. Just as we have the game for PC now, we shall have it on PC next year and I will not stress.

Please dont make this a console launch exclusive; or for !@#$'s sake please at least count PC as a !@#%ing console since it is essentially just a better / more powerful microsoft console anyway

Honestly, I'd be fine with a one or two month delay for the PC so long as we get a proper damned beta to go with it this time to ensure that when it does launch, we don't run into the myriad of problems we had the first time.

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, and because of that, I'm more than used to having to wait a few months extra to play a console port on my PC, knowing full well it's going to be an overall better experience. Monster Hunter World and Iceborne? Happily waited the six months for their launch, and was well rewarded with instant loading times and 60 FPS. Destiny 2? Waited the three months for it's PC launch, was well rewarded with 60 FPS and Mouse / Keyboard.

Yes, it'd suck to have to wait a few months to play NG, but it's not like PSO2 Classic is going to be taken away from me in the process. And as I said - I'd be more then content to wait two or three months if it meant we got a proper functioning Beta to help Sega make sure the launch is much, MUCH better than what the initial PC release was.

As for falling behind people that play on Xbox? Who the hell cares. It's a PvE game, there's litreally no advantage console players would have over me. In fact, much like the Destiny 2 PC launch, coming into the game late gave me and other PC players an advantage, as things like the Leviathan Raid were already cracked open, making my first few runs of the Raid much smoother than had I been there the first month when it launched on the PS4.

@Scerms77 Actually,I did read. All you did was insult people saying they were crybabies and that they should STFU and get a new console for ONE free to play game.

As for a 'taste of my own medicine',get a better certificate for dispensing medicine,becasue I have NEVER talked in a subjective way.

I have stated that people playing early have an advantage,maybe YOU should learn how to read better before trying to get on someone's case.