Console Launch Exclusive

@IfrianMMO you're still being a unicorn because "pc master race is neglected" and over looked at how well the game was optimized for xbox... you know... what Microsoft was aiming for hence the the exclusivity to release first on xbox.... you shill on and on about how it was a pc game first so therefore it has to be pc first in other regions... NA is the largest "console market" so go figure they would want to bring it to a console first in order to drive more interest in consoles... keep saying it's a pc game while it has launched with almost no hiccups on a console compared to a pc... where all the issues are... just be happy you are actually playing the game instead of crying "but mah pc". You have a choice to either wait for a platform launch that might not come for a long while (i.e. steam) or you can play it by following the distribution cycle that the companies get paid to follow.

Maybe learn the difference between publishers and developers? That might solve a majority of your crying. If a publisher is paying for a port onto a console, they are going to want to showcase it... the world doesnt revolve around you...

looks like basscaptain 2 found a new friend

jokes aside - my main issue and i bet OPs as well is not the exclusivety (or however you write that xD) itself but what comes with it - pso2 got the big "hey boyz you can download the game now" suprise for thousends of happy pc players...until issue after issue popped up and the suprises turned into nightmares...not a single "pre pc release" test has happened - what we are worried about is that the same day x happens again and that it takes months (yes we are months in without any official solution) and plenty of unhappy pc players wich results in bad scores for pso2 ng on the store itself

and saying "buy a xbox pc pleb" is not a good suggestion - thats like saying "dont you guys have phones" answer for both is NOPE i dont wanna play the game on console only when i have a gaming pc for that - as thousends of other guys have...all that we are asking for is a proper pc treatment and enough love so we can enjoy the game from day 1 and the game gets positive feedback for having an amazing pc start compared to the insanely bad PSO2 start that we experienced

@JuggernautGTX you know me, stirring the pot like always šŸ˜„

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@IfrianMMO you're still being a unicorn because "pc master race is neglected" and over looked at how well the game was optimized for xbox... you know... what Microsoft was aiming for hence the the exclusivity to release first on xbox.... you shill on and on about how it was a pc game first so therefore it has to be pc first in other regions... NA is the largest "console market" so go figure they would want to bring it to a console first in order to drive more interest in consoles... keep saying it's a pc game while it has launched with almost no hiccups on a console compared to a pc... where all the issues are... just be happy you are actually playing the game instead of crying "but mah pc". You have a choice to either wait for a platform launch that might not come for a long while (i.e. steam) or you can play it by following the distribution cycle that the companies get paid to follow.

Maybe learn the difference between publishers and developers? That might solve a majority of your crying. If a publisher is paying for a port onto a console, they are going to want to showcase it... the world doesnt revolve around you...

First of all, i am not a PC master racer, i do own a PS4, an XBOX One, a Nintendo Switch, and have played PSO2 in all platforms, heck, my favorite way to play PSO2 is on my Nintendo Switch but sadly, i cannot do it often it has very strict connection standards or else it kicks you from the servers after 30 or so seconds, and itĀ“s hard to meet them if you connect from Europe.

I am also mostly a JP player as i have invested 8 years into it and most of my game time hours have actually been spent on a PS4 simply because i like to just laze about on the couch while i play, i am sure you can sympathize with that.

However, i will admit that when it comes to performance, i prefer to play on PC and i tend to play most of the difficult content on PC simply because i am more used to and more proficient to quickly chaining actions and views on my keyboard+mouse.

I also do not believe that PC is superior to console in any way (Except perhaps for multi-tasking) nor i believe that PC gamers deserve more or are real gamers as compared to consoles, and i personally advocate for the release of games simultaneously in general.

However, i still believe you are extremely dishonest if you truly cannot understand at all why the Western PC playerbase is upset at being the only PC players who do not get to play on release, unlike all the other PC players in the world.

You can give me all the economical and publishing reasons you want, i have worked in the industry so i know full well why Microsoft is doing what they are doing, but the point remains that from a consumerĀ“s point of view it still sucks.

And since the very staff and moderation staff in this forum have encouraged one and many more times to express how we feel and present our demands, as they read them all and do transfer them to both publishers and devs, it is perfectly reasonable that we do so.

Once again, you have every right to be unfazed by this and you have every right to even agree with Microsoft and consider it a good and smart move by their part, but trying to make it sound like we have no leg to stand on is dishonest to a fault.

They flatout said it's coming everywhere at once.

Of course, it's Ifrian that complains without doing the slightest bit of research.

This is the only time I am ever going to agree with Ephemiel that it is pointless to complain about this right now. We need to wait for additional details here before complaining. They are kind of claiming this is going to come out everywhere at the same time. Regardless of this I cannot fathom why people are going to get upset at Microsoft for bringing this game over. I do not care if they make it time exclusive again like X Box, because at the end of the day we can safely say we have this game in this region because of their partnership with Sega. A company is not going to do anything for free. We need to stop getting upset at this its the way the world works. True fans that have the income are going to buy the console and play the game. If you do not have the money or are raging because you are ignorant the way money and the world works then just wait for the PC release if they decide to make this a time exclusive again.

@Penndragon87 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

I cannot fathom .

If you cannot fathom why even after all that has been explained both in this thread and all the threads relevant to the original PSO2NA beta and release, then this says more about you than it does about our arguments.

I do not care if they make it time exclusive again like X Box

And you have every right not to care one bit about it.

Heck, you have every right to applaud Microsoft for it and even to celebrate and open a champagne bottle over their decision, and if you want to stretch it, you even have the right to be one of the few PC player haters that literally enjoy some weird and sadistic pleasure every time they see PC players being upset or getting to play late.

And your view of the matter is just as valid as anyone elseĀ“s.

But once again, the fact that you cannot construct any of our views and complaints without claiming that we are ignorant, stupid, whiny or unable to understand how the world works, says a lot more about you than it does about us.

I am a PC player and I bought it on X Box because it came out there first. I migrated over as soon as the PC version came out. I had not purchased a console for years until this. I don't hate any side I am just thankful we got the game in our region. Again you are not addressing the obvious which is they have some sort of partnership or contract or whatever that made this time exclusive. You are asking the wrong question. It should be did you want this game over here altogether or no partnership with Microsoft and the game never comes out here.

II don't hate any side I am just thankful we got the game in our region.

I on the other hand, think that as the consumers and patrons, as the people with the money in our hands and being the ones that, with our actions and purchases, decide (figuratively speaking) whether the game is a success or a failure, should be treated with more consideration.

Do not get me wrong, i am not saying there is no place for appreciation, and i can understand that, if you waited for 8 years for the game and did not play the JP version with the rest of us, you may just be happy that you got the game at all.

But be careful, and i say this without mockery, that your gratitude does not cross the line to supplicant boot-licking.

Microsoft did not bring PSo2 to the West out of the goodness of their hearts, as you very well said yourself earlier, they have done so exclusively because they thought it would bring either revenue or commercial power for their platforms.

But remember that WE are the customers, WE have the power of our wallets, and WE ultimately decide how things should be, not necessarily directly but by making our displeasure known by our actions.

Do you truly think that if, just to make an example, PC participation and AC purchase in PSO2 plummeted like a rock after they confirm that PC will be released later, it will not make them at least think their decision twice?

As gamers, we need to stop bowing down to companies, WE are the ones in power, not them.

So yes, making our displeasure and demands known while there is still time to change things or at least re-think about them is perfectly reasonable, especially when we know for a fact that the NA staff is willing and actively sending our voices to the publisher in question.

I do not understand this weird semi-worship of publishers and developers, when THEY WORK FOR US.

I am a PC player and I bought it on X Box because it came out there first.

i aM a pC pLaYeR AnD i BoUgHt iT oN X bOx BeCaUsE iT cAmE oUt ThErE fIrSt

first of all pso2 is free to play you didn buy it

second what in the world is your point? my point is THAT WE WANT A PROPER PC RELEASE AND NOT A SECOND DAY X its not too much to ask for a pc beta - for a server stress test - for anything alike - all what we did not experienced for PSO2

i had few trouble playing the game but ALOT of players had trouble to even install it!!!! wich could have been prevent with a pc beta - so they got time to work on issues....and NOT release it blindly to the audience and recieve 1.2 score as respond and thousends of complaints that its not working - and as a respond they recieved a "uh....heres a fix...check if your windows is up to date" one week later after a ton of guys already given up - check youtube for videos concerning it and the thousends of comments that come with them....so again its ok if people have their concerns regarding their release of a pc version...i had few troubles playing do you see me here saying "haha your problem stop whining this is how the world works"

I have no qualms with this as I did with the beta. I may get it on Xbox one X, or I may just wait for the PC release.

@Bass-Captain-2 Or,instead of having a anything first,they just release it fucking equally so that NO ONE has advantages over the other playerbase?

It isn't a competition though so I don't see the problem. They want it as exclusive to their console, that is their business decision. Also, we don't know if markets will handle the same with NG either way so what other advantages are y'all concerned with?

Also, we do vote with our wallet here, I agree. I don't think a lack of spending now will change their mind on the exclusive.

@Ranmaru The point being that its UNFAIR that one side will have stuff that the other side won't have for god knows how long or if at all. This isn't fair for us to have gotten such a SHITTY launch on PC an we didn't even get to test this out before it released when this could have been used as data to fix the issues we are facing now. We do NOT want this to happen again with NG.

@IfrianMMO said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Scerms77 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

I dont really get, whats the problem here? Consoles had and always will have exclusives.... You want to play the game real bad? Get yourself the right platform!

I am by no means rich, but I can safe 20-30 bucks a month and eventually buy a xbox x.... The game will be released in a year!!!!

I dont remind anyone bitchin around about something like this, back when the first PSO was released.... You had to get yourself a dreamcast or bust!!!

You wanted to play Mario? Get yourself a Nintendo or bust!!!!

You wanted to play Halo? Get yourself a xbox or bust!!!!

The list goes on and on... Why, all of a sudden, is it now an issue that a brandnew game isnt released for your favorite platform?

Nowadays you just have to wait like 2 months to play it on your favorite platform, where is the FUKIN problem?

Jesus Christ, when did all gamers turned into crybabies?

Just imagine being this clueless.

The game will NOT be exclusive to XBOX in Japan, it will be exclusive to XBOX ONLY IN THE WEST so this has nothing to do with entitlement nor is in any way or shape comparable to the release of the original PSO, which was a console game made and developed firstly and foremost for consoles.

PSO2NG just like PSO2 is a game PRIMARILY DEVELOPED For PC, but that has been turned into a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE/FIRST game ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY ON THE WEST to boost Western console sales.

The reason we are upset is because WE ARE THE ONLY REGION that has to submit to a console to play the game when it releases UNLIKE THOSE WHO PLAY THE JP VERSION, and because the WESTERN PC PLAYERS will be the last ones to play, even when the JP PC players have already been playing for potentially months, let alone our console brethren.

This is not a problem about "a console game" coming late on PC.

This is about A PC GAME THAT RELEASES ON PC FIRST EVERYWHERE ELSE being transformed into a CONSOLE GAME exclusively FOR OUR REGION to try and boost console sales for Microsoft.

Apples and oranges here.

Just imagine being Mr. Knowitall.... No matter how much text you print in bold and italic, it doesnt change what i stated. Who cares if it is released as a PC game in JP? Just get yourself an JP account, or if it doesnt suit you, buy a Xbox for NA, if you arent able to wait that two months.....sheesh.