Console Launch Exclusive

@IfrianMMO child... you are bitching about exclusivity on deals for publishing and distribution that you refuse to comprehend. It's a fucking business and not some loving grandma that's going to give you everything you want... Microsoft got sega to bring a free to play game to the west so how do you think they are going to attempt to make some headway on a deal that looks like losing money? A small cut in microtransactions? Or getting more people into an ecosystem and push benefits with services like gamepass to get recurring customers that will put more money into the Microsoft ecosystem? But no, apparently it's only because they dont like pc gamers... boycott Nintendo because they wont bring breath of the wild to other consoles/platforms... how are people so entitled and ignorant... do us a favor, go curl up with your favorite waifu body pillow and cry yourself to sleep. It's better than you crying on a public forum about things over your head that havent even been confirmed yet.

When I watched the video at the start it did say "Console exclusive launch" in my personal opinion that means it'll be on Xbox exclusivly unless they change their minds but it will be on xbox till then, with it being a global launch and this screenshot shows Xbox and PC it'll be launched on both at the same time.pso2.JPG

@IfrianMMO said in Console Launch Exclusive:

who are either unable or unwilling to understand even the basics of what is being said,

Bit ironic coming from you taking into account how much you disagree with me with stuff I'm ultimately right in and everyone else noticed but you.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@IfrianMMO child... you are bitching about exclusivity on deals for publishing and distribution that you refuse to comprehend. It's a fucking business and not some loving grandma that's going to give you everything you want... Microsoft got sega to bring a free to play game to the west so how do you think they are going to attempt to make some headway on a deal that looks like losing money? A small cut in microtransactions? Or getting more people into an ecosystem and push benefits with services like gamepass to get recurring customers that will put more money into the Microsoft ecosystem? But no, apparently it's only because they dont like pc gamers... boycott Nintendo because they wont bring breath of the wild to other consoles/platforms... how are people so entitled and ignorant... do us a favor, go curl up with your favorite waifu body pillow and cry yourself to sleep. It's better than you crying on a public forum about things over your head that havent even been confirmed yet.

Dude, just let it go, it's Ifrian, this is the only thing he does here.

This pretty much, all they were asking was for were beta related and release related questions. And before someone starts saying they were spamming it. Only reason they started doing this. Was because those toxic xbox players kept telling them to stfu and started insulting them. And because PSO2 NA twitter didn't give any responses. Also PSO2 NA also they didn't say anything about toxic players and those insulting others in there twitter. Also those xbox players didn't tell others to stfu if it weren't beta related or pc related questions.

@kyamell Both playerbases were and still are extremely toxic.

Blaming everyone based on the hardware they use is evident of that.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@kyamell Both playerbases were and still are extremely toxic.

Blaming everyone based on the hardware they use is evident of that.

Even if this were to be true, which is not, the fact remains that the XBOX community was the one that launched the first rock (more like the first few sacks of rocks) before the drama even begun.

Obviously it´s not "every xbox player" but there were copious and notable amounts of XBOX players acting like rabid locusts on the official Twitter before the forum was even made.

You literally could not make a tweet or thread with "PC" in the text body without getting swarmed, and that, once again, was before the fighting even started.

And it´s undeniable that this is what caused the rift between the two.

So while both sides, me included, can be aggressive and toxic at times, one side clearly started it all (following their tradition of trolling the PC forums during PSU)

So eeeh, you can hardly file for equal responsibility when one side clearly started and continued not just from the PSO2NA announcement but all the way to PSU.

@IfrianMMO you can say that it is not true, but I always saw PC players talking crap as well during the March time frame. Either talking crap to Xbox players or threatening to never play a SEGA game again.

But that is pretty lar for the course. Individuals on every side just want to inject their own misery and hatred in to everything, no one is allowed to have their excitement or fun. Try to chime in with optimism? Get met with insults or idiots that are dedicated to asking the same question every day for literal months until the "official statement" comes. (Even though everyone was fully aware the official statement wasn't coming any time soon).

We have all been doing this same song and dance since Feburary. Everything thinks their problem or concern is the most validated thing in existence, while also hopping over to bash someone else for their problem or concern. Not ever gonna change and everyone will always blame the other party for their personal choice to be toxic.

@IfrianMMO you can say that it is not true, but I always saw PC players talking crap as well during the March time frame. Either talking crap to Xbox players or threatening to never play a SEGA game again.

But that is pretty lar for the course. Individuals on every side just want to inject their own misery and hatred in to everything, no one is allowed to have their excitement or fun. Try to chime in with optimism? Get met with insults or idiots that are dedicated to asking the same question every day for literal months until the "official statement" comes. (Even though everyone was fully aware the official statement wasn't coming any time soon).

We have all been doing this same song and dance since Feburary. Everything thinks their problem or concern is the most validated thing in existence, while also hopping over to bash someone else for their problem or concern. Not ever gonna change and everyone will always blame the other party for their personal choice to be toxic.

The day PC players invade the XBOX forums to make fun for a Phantasy Star game shutting down on XBOX ahead of PC then come and tell me both sides are the same.

And "Idiots were dedicated to ask the same question every day" because those "idiots" together with the entire PC playerbase, were being gaslighted, ignored and literally lied to, with posts and tweets full of promises being stealthily deleted to pretend they never existed to begin with.

Yes, we have been doing this song and dance since February but so have you, and your view of the matter is not any less biased than ours.

Not even the mods denied that the PC playerbase had not been treated in the best of ways so there is plenty of reasons for us to complain about.

But what have XBOX players to complain about (That is xbox exclusive?)

Once again, PC and XBOX communities are not in the same situation so you cannot trace a parallel between the two so casually.

@IfrianMMO they ignored everyone, not just the PC community. XBOX didn't even know it transitioned from Open Beta to official release until after Forbes published their article. They didn't give dates for Open Beta until a week before it started. Trying to claim their lack of answers is a special treatment for PC is quite puzzling. I think PS4 players have more reason to complain than anyone else, they were attacked by both XBOX and PC and still have no information.

I never claimed XBOX players did or did not do anything, my claim is that they are not the only ones who perpetuated cruel and toxic responses to literally everything. You can keep pointing the fingers if you want, but reality doesn't follow your fingers or anyone else's. The fact is that our community As a whole is absolutely awful and I really, really, really hope that NG becomes popular enough to eliminate the voices of the toxic members of this community.

At least NG will be 100% new for the whole world unlike current pso2 that kind of led to the toxic response since we already know how the game is/was elsewhere.

The fact is that our community As a whole is absolutely awful and I really, really, really hope that NG becomes popular enough to eliminate the voices of the toxic members of this community.

I mean, if they confirm that XBOX gets PSO2-NG ahead of PC only and exclusively on the Western version, do expect this to get much, much worse.

On PSO2NA it was already bad that this was the case, but at least we had the consolation prize of knowing that EP4 and future content would give PC players the chance to plan ahead and potentially catch up later on the curve.

But with PSO2-NG, this is not the case, PSO2-NG is a completely new MMORPG where everything is new and there is a whole, unknown, unexplored economy and meta to be built.

No-one , and i mean no-one, should be left behind at launch.

Of course, as we have said, we still need more information and clarification on the whole "Console Launch Exclusive" and whether "Play anywhere" will be enabled from the get-go.

But if the worst comes to pass, be ready for ten times more fire than PSO2NA caused because leaving the PC player-base behind this time around would be way worse.

I really hope that they think long and deep, as there is a lot of time to change and re-plan even if this was the case, about what they are about to do.

@IfrianMMO I agree that no one should be left behind and am trying every source I can think of to get clarification ahead of time. This is vastly different than PSO2NA release. Playing a game at the real launch is an experience that no one should miss out on. Even if the game ends up shit, the memories of the first few days of a brand new server that no one in the world knows about is special.

Besides, I want the opportunity to compete against everyone when we are all on the same knowledge level and progression.

(Even though everyone was fully aware the official statement wasn't coming any time soon).

I don't really want to get involved in this discussion because it seems like a giant dance of finger-pointing and history retelling.

But to prevent misrepresentation of PC players' frustrations with the game's handling at the time, we didn't know there wouldn't be an official statement anytime soon. At no point in time did we know this. We were never told we wouldn't be invited to join the Xbox open beta. We were never told we wouldn't get our own beta.

We weren't ever told anything, beyond "Spring" for months and then "late May" as a footnote to the surprise Xbox official launch. And even though the maintenance cycle meant "late May" was almost certainly going to be the 27th, after weeks of asking for a simple confirmation we weren't even told that until a month later and a week before launch.

And that's something players of both platforms shared. A month after closed beta ended, the Xbox open beta was announced about a week prior to Ships 1-2 and for the first time 3 going online. The surprise Xbox launch exemplified Sega's liability to drop an information bombshell at a moment's notice.

When the entire launch arrived out of nowhere, PC players were perfectly sensible to keep asking for information that could just be dumped on us all of a sudden - far from "wasn't coming any time soon".

I agree that no one should be left behind and am trying every source I can think of to get clarification ahead of time. This is vastly different than PSO2NA release. Playing a game at the real launch is an experience that no one should miss out on.

While I sense we might not agree on what real launch means (for PSO2 I say it was basically February), your approach here to seek clarification before worrying is as reasonable as players can do right now and I think it's quite commendable. Thanks.

it freaking said CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE and PC isn't a console. is it that hard to understand the whole thing ?