Console Launch Exclusive

I dont really get, whats the problem here? Consoles had and always will have exclusives.... You want to play the game real bad? Get yourself the right platform!

I am by no means rich, but I can safe 20-30 bucks a month and eventually buy a xbox x.... The game will be released in a year!!!!

I dont remind anyone bitchin around about something like this, back when the first PSO was released.... You had to get yourself a dreamcast or bust!!!

You wanted to play Mario? Get yourself a Nintendo or bust!!!!

You wanted to play Halo? Get yourself a xbox or bust!!!!

The list goes on and on... Why, all of a sudden, is it now an issue that a brandnew game isnt released for your favorite platform?

Nowadays you just have to wait like 2 months to play it on your favorite platform, where is the FUKIN problem?

Jesus Christ, when did all gamers turned into crybabies?

@Scerms77 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

I dont really get, whats the problem here? Consoles had and always will have exclusives.... You want to play the game real bad? Get yourself the right platform!

I am by no means rich, but I can safe 20-30 bucks a month and eventually buy a xbox x.... The game will be released in a year!!!!

I dont remind anyone bitchin around about something like this, back when the first PSO was released.... You had to get yourself a dreamcast or bust!!!

The list goes on and on... Why, all of a sudden, is it now an issue that a brandnew game isnt released for your favorite platform?

Nowadays you just have to wait like 2 months to play it on your favorite platform, where is the FUKIN problem?

the point is, we're here playing PSO2 together already. Why create a gap yet again? if it's a new game, sure, if they want that exclusive so bad, go ahead, but it's an expansion by their defenition. there is no logic behind that. This is a Cross Platform Game, i don't get how this would makes sense other then money.

@Scerms77 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

Just imagine being this clueless.

The game will NOT be exclusive to XBOX in Japan, it will be exclusive to XBOX ONLY IN THE WEST so this has nothing to do with entitlement nor is in any way or shape comparable to the release of the original PSO, which was a console game made and developed firstly and foremost for consoles.

PSO2NG just like PSO2 is a game PRIMARILY DEVELOPED For PC, but that has been turned into a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE/FIRST game ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY ON THE WEST to boost Western console sales.

The reason we are upset is because WE ARE THE ONLY REGION that has to submit to a console to play the game when it releases UNLIKE THOSE WHO PLAY THE JP VERSION, and because the WESTERN PC PLAYERS will be the last ones to play, even when the JP PC players have already been playing for potentially months, let alone our console brethren.

This is not a problem about "a console game" coming late on PC.

This is about A PC GAME THAT RELEASES ON PC FIRST EVERYWHERE ELSE being transformed into a CONSOLE GAME exclusively FOR OUR REGION to try and boost console sales for Microsoft.

Apples and oranges here.

@IfrianMMO that means that the game will be tested on PC in Japan, so the argument about the same launch issues occurring when it is available to PC in the West is invalid. 😄

@IfrianMMO you do realise that playstation release didnt happen until 2016... until that point it was a pc exclusive... why are you complaining so much about exclusivity?

Edit: and you can easily argue the combat controls are built for controllers. Just because you want to praise your pc and say it's better than anything else, doesnt mean the world revolves around it...

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@IfrianMMO you do realise that playstation release didnt happen until 2016... until that point it was a pc exclusive... why are you complaining so much about exclusivity?

The reply exists within the last post i made, that you replied to.

Your question is puzzling, considering you are asking something i have already replied to.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@IfrianMMO that means that the game will be tested on PC in Japan, so the argument about the same launch issues occurring when it is available to PC in the West is invalid. 😄

That is debatable, considering the PC PSO2NA release after the game has existed for 8 years in PSO2JP PC.

But even if you were right and there were no issues, this is completely and absolutely irrelevant to the matter being treated in this thread which is that it´s starting to look like once again West PC players are drawing the short straw and being the last monkeys to play.

It was already bad on PSO2NA, to have to play catch up, but it will be twice as bad on a completely new game and all the more unfair.

Edit: and you can easily argue the combat controls are built for controllers. Just because you want to praise your pc and say it's better than anything else, doesnt mean the world revolves around it...

The heck are you smoking?

When have any of us claimed PC is superior? Are you okay?

Can we have ONE PC thread without insecure XBOXers coming here to preemptively complain about master racing before it even happens?

because it's a PC game and maybe devs didn't feel like developing for the PS4 until then? look at Monster Hunter, been waiting decades for that to come to PC lol. Also, the Controls for PSO have always been leaning towards controllers, because they are 3 button type action games, much like PSO started out as. That didn't change for 2 decades.

@IfrianMMO yet again, you are complaining about how a game has exclusivity on a particular platform. And you get upset that it's not the platform of your choice... do you complain about any game that gets ported from its original platform? Do you complain that you cant play pokemon on your playstation or xbox? Do you complain about by any game a few months after its released that has multiplayer elements because they have a "head start" since you didnt purchase it at launch? Did you ever play any mmorpg a few months after it launched and complain about everyone that played it before you or did you shut up and played the game in order to get where everyone else was in the game? "Ok guys! If you dont buy into a game the first month its released , do not buy it because everyone else has an unfair advantage!". If it really is that big of a deal to play a game that you want to play, you should adapt to the publishers release instead of crying on a forum that every single game isnt available on steam the same day as a console launch.

@Bass-Captain-2 I do agree with you that exclusives are a thing and common however the comment regarding pokemon is bad faith as those types of games are never nor purposed for any other consoles.

People have complained about exclusives and Timed exclusives since they began doing it. It is a marketing tool but does not mean you have to like it or approve of it or accept it. Any dissatisfaction should be voiced as there is nothing lost. In this case it APPEARS right now that NGS is being held hostage by Microsoft as a PC version would be ready for launch. This does happen and yes if he does want to not lose out he should get that new console, but doesn't mean he should stay silent.

Speak your mind I guarantee you won't hurt a corporations feeling only the feelings of people that idolize them

@Bass-Captain-2 Exclusivity is cancer to the gaming industry. The only time I can even see it being partially justified is if the game is a first party title. Otherwise, it's a practice that I will always have an issue with.

@Thirstday and I'll return to an argument that has been made elsewhere already... pc are not considered consoles. But let's look at the post on pso2.com... "Planned for release on Windows 10, Xbox One.

Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well."

It's coming to windows 10 and xbox one... windows 10 is an operating system. It's easy to say that an os is not a console similar to xbox/playstation/switch/dreamcast/Atari 2600 so you can get away with saying of the listed consoles it will launch exclusively first on x console while releasing simultaneously on windows 10... people seem to also forget quickly that Microsoft has been making moves in order to take all xbox first party titles and partnered games to the pc aswell... they are pushing hard to make the "game anywhere" thing a reality... plus there is no release date actually slated yet for NG... complaining about a disparity between releases when you dont when know if there will be one or not is beyond retarded. Wait for news, if you dont like the news then speak up... dont just assume the information being given means what you think it does... as you can tell I've interpreted the information so far completely different than those bitching on this forum. If the news itself is fuzzy then complain about the delivery and ask for clarification instead of jumping into outrage like many do in this forum.

If the news itself is fuzzy then complain about the delivery and ask for clarification instead of jumping into outrage like many do in this forum.

We are but past experience means people worry. Originally Xbox and PC version of PSO2 were marketed in such a way you'd think they'd be handled the same, but instead it was a timed exclusive. And yes PC is not considered a console which is where the confusion is. PC players are still a bit upset as they were ignored very hard and treated incredibly poorly beyond debate. So frustration and skepticism is duly earned... So yeah people are speaking up, asking for more information, and saying they don't want a repeat of what happened last time albeit a bit poorly.

@Lorient said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Bass-Captain-2 Exclusivity is cancer to the gaming industry. The only time I can even see it being partially justified is if the game is a first party title. Otherwise, it's a practice that I will always have an issue with.

Well development on multi platforms is a large ordeal, it can add years to the development cycle and people now a days are not patient. That's why most 3rd party title will see a release on a platform then a year later it is pushed to different platforms. During the exclusivity portion, it gives the smaller developers time to work on the new platform release. Also most developers wouldnt survive with out the funding from exclusivity/publishing deals. Console makers are going to want IP's that encourage people to purchase their system in order to play it. It's why you'll never see god of war on xbox or halo on playstation.

@Thirstday said in Console Launch Exclusive:

If the news itself is fuzzy then complain about the delivery and ask for clarification instead of jumping into outrage like many do in this forum.

We are but past experience means people worry. Originally Xbox and PC version of PSO2 were marketed in such a way you'd think they'd be handled the same, but instead it was a timed exclusive. And yes PC is not considered a console which is where the confusion is. PC players are still a bit upset as they were ignored very hard and treated incredibly poorly beyond debate. So frustration and skepticism is duly earned... So yeah people are speaking up, asking for more information, and saying they don't want a repeat of what happened last time albeit a bit poorly.

With that being said, asking for clarification is warranted. But simply assuming because it happens x way so it will happen again is a weak argument for people to use. Companies learn from mistakes, and I made a hot take earlier that pso2 (current release) was not the main goal of reaching out to Sega for distribution rights of pso2. Microsoft's main focus is probably more centered on NG and making it as smooth as possible for windows/xbox. Pso2 (current) was probably a test for the azure servers and reception in the west. If they could streamline and get the game to function great then they know they can tackle NG and apply things they've learned from this current release. As I've been saying be patient, wait for news to continue to trickle out. With the ammount of outrage from people on here, they will most likely address those concerns as we get closer to actually know a release date for the game.

@IfrianMMO yet again, you are complaining about how a game has exclusivity on a particular platform. And you get upset that it's not the platform of your choice... do you complain about any game that gets ported from its original platform? Do you complain that you cant play pokemon on your playstation or xbox? Do you complain about by any game a few months after its released that has multiplayer elements because they have a "head start" since you didnt purchase it at launch? Did you ever play any mmorpg a few months after it launched and complain about everyone that played it before you or did you shut up and played the game in order to get where everyone else was in the game? "Ok guys! If you dont buy into a game the first month its released , do not buy it because everyone else has an unfair advantage!". If it really is that big of a deal to play a game that you want to play, you should adapt to the publishers release instead of crying on a forum that every single game isnt available on steam the same day as a console launch.

I wonder how it is possible to miss the point so badly yet be so sure about oneself.

But hey, maybe it´s my fault and i did not explain myself smoothly enough in my previous post, so i will try to do better now:

PSO2 IS A PC GAME DESIGNED FOR AND TO BE PLAYED ON PC

-When PSO2 first released in Japan, it was a PC GAME

-When PSO2 was first announced for it´s Western release, it was announced A PC GAME.

-When PSO2 was released in the SEA region, it was announced and released AS A PC GAME

Are you seeing the trend here?

• --------------------> PSO2 IS A PC GAME. <----------------------

After Microsoft bought the rights to publish it in the West, and please pay attention to this part:

-It turned A PC GAME, because PSO2 is a PC game, developed and published in the entire world first and foremost as a PC GAME, did i mention PSO2 is a PC GAME? into an XBOX FIRST EXCLUSIVE.

Now, i know English is only my fifth language, so my explanations may not be up to the usual standard, but do please try to work with me on what i am about to explain:

PSO2 is not a console game that us PC players are too impatient and unwilling to wait for.

PSO2 is A PC GAME, that has released AS A PC GAME EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD, that is being brought to XBOX first EXCLUSIVELY IN OUR REGION (Not because it´s a console game, its a PC GAME) to try and sell consoles.

PSO2 is a game that THE REST OF PC PLAYERS ALL OVER THE WORLD GOT TO PLAY ON PC ON RELEASE.

Our region´s PC PLAYERS are THE ONLY ONES IN THE WORLD that are being asked to take a backseat to XBOX Players.

That is to say:

This is not PC players being unwilling to wait for a console game to release on PC after it´s console release.

This is A VERY SPECIFIC DEMOGRAPHIC OF PC PLAYERS being forced to be last in line UNLIKE THE REST OF PC PLAYERS after a console release, not because that is intended by the developers, as they develop and release it ON PC FIRST EVERYWHERE ELSE, but because MICROSOFT wants to make some cash on console sales.

This is A PC GAME, DEVELOPED FOR PC, RELEASED ON PC IN ITS OTHER REGIONS, not being released on PC in the West until after another platform while it does everywhere else.

Now, and i want to make this very clear:

If you are happy with this, whether because you are an XBOXER, or simply because it does not concern you, or heck, even because you hate PC with a passion and enjoy whenever we get screwed over, that is valid and you have a right to agree with it.

However, what is dishonest of you, is to try to make it sound like there is no issue whatsoever and try to make fake parallelisms and completely ridiculous comparisons with completely unrelated products and situations, in order to reinforce your opinion or make it look like everyone else who does not agree with you is just being whiny and stupid.

Yes, the fact that ONLY OUR REGION leaves PC players behind is AN ACTUAL ISSUE.

If it does not affect you, congratulations and the best wishes to you, but stop trying to shut us down as if we had no reason to be upset just because you are personally unaffected.