Console Launch Exclusive

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

It is ambiguous information, but it doesn't reinforce being doom and gloom about it.

That's my read on this too. It feels like imprecise language is potentially being either misapplied or twisted.

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Bass-Captain-2

@IfrianMMO said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Leonkh99 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

We currently have no details on the exact nature of the release though... its best we wait till we have more details.

Also gonna draw some attention to this from the announcement here: Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

I mean "Console Launch Exclusive" is pretty much self-explanatory.

Especially when the devs of other "Console Launch Exclusive" titles from the same show have already explained that it means their game will come on XBOX X first and will stay exclusive to it for a period of time.

lets quote OP here - xbox players will see a beta - they will see a launch - and some months in it will see a release on windows 10 and then other platforms - as characters are being carried over this means there is no seperation of xbox and windows 10 players hence why windows 10 players will see NO beta or they have to split pc and xbox players entirely - prove me wrong

I dont need to prove you wrong... you already have yourself by quoting other players/fanboys and not Microsoft or Sega... you are just assuming everything and it just makes you look pathetic. Maybe wait to hear more on how games like these will be integrated with gamepass and xcloud? You know how Microsoft has been making a big push to remove the boundaries between consoles and PCs? But hey, you're a trendy gamer so you have the hot scoops before everyone else... for someone that fangirls so hard on PSO2, you certainly do bash the company that brought it to the west and not the company that was responsible for programming/developing it and getting it to work in the first place... Publishers are not developers kiddo... wait for news instead of just spouting some hypothetical bs are your factual argument.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive: I dont need to prove you wrong... you already have yourself by quoting other players/fanboys and not Microsoft or Sega... you are just assuming everything and it just makes you look pathetic.

i already replied in here that it will be xbox exclusive launch hence xbox exclusive beta wich is no assumption it is based on facts- there might be a test server for windows 10 players before its initial release but thats also just assumption from your side

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive: I dont need to prove you wrong... you already have yourself by quoting other players/fanboys and not Microsoft or Sega... you are just assuming everything and it just makes you look pathetic.

i already replied in here that it will be xbox exclusive launch hence xbox exclusive beta wich is no assumption it is based on facts- there might be a test server for windows 10 players before its initial release but thats also just assumption from your side

Yet again you are assuming that PC (Microsoft store) is part of consoles... I'm kind of getting tired of typing that to you lol.

Yet again you are assuming that PC (Microsoft store) is part of consoles... I'm kind of getting tired of typing that to you lol.

i seriously dont get you? where do i assume that pc is console? i say the complete opposite -even in the interview its being stated that most 3rd party games are being exclusively launched on xbox first then on pc - combining this with the "console exlusive launch" pop up directly after the pso2 NG teaser - it will launch for xbox first (console) then pc after some time (windows 10)

@JuggernautGTX then what the hell are you even arguing? "Oh my god guy! Xbox is going to get a beta and playstation wont because it's not supported!" Narrow down what it is you are trying to argue... are you attempting to say that pc wont get a beta because how this PSO2 iteration happened? Because I've been arguing with you based on your butt hurt post on PC not getting a beta to smooth out bugs and how your saying that a CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE somehow includes PC...

@Bass-Captain-2 i never said that a console launch exclusive includes pc xDDD i think you misunderstood me at some point or misread - or its my bad english skill idk - i am talking all the time that i am afraid of pc not getting a beta like we saw for PSO2 NA - based on xbox getting its exclusive launch wich has been confirmed already - and since xbox and pc players are using the same servers (aka being cross server) it feels highly unlikely that pc will see a beta before being released (the way they handled it on here)

Well since Sega and Microsoft have given zero details lets look at it as such LAUNCH CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE was shown on the screen.

Microsoft is launching a NEW console. They will want to do anything to bolster sales.

The launch of an 8 year old game was also a timed Xbox Exclusive

Ergo the only reasonable viewpoint is that NGS will follow the same pattern that the base game followed. It will be a 3 to 4 month timed exclusive for Xbox. Afterwards available on PC and then maybe announced for other platforms

@JuggernautGTX well we can chalk a majority of this argument up to misunderstanding. We wont know beyond a shadow of a doubt until official news comes out or the game comes close to launch. And as far as I know there is no public test realm for pso2, a change on this scale would require a beta period for sure but that would mean a separate launcher may be needed. I'm not even sure how they would implement that on xbox if your characters cosmetics and stuff transfer. It may very will be a beta that essentially gets played as a new game until the game is ready for launch in which the beta data is erased and everyone starts on a clean slate once the game officially launches. We just need to be patient and wait for news on how everything plays out.

Based on the article they made to explain things. This is NOT a new game, but instead an update to the current game. It will have the ability to use the same data to log-in on the old PSO2 or the new one. Not all stuff carries over between the 2 and progress is separate. Since it is just a mahor update, it is 100% impossible to launch only on consoles first, since all versions get the same updates at one time. If it was a separate game, it would have a chance to be console exclusive, but it isn't.

@Bass-Captain-2 all good "kiddo" (i had to sorry)

lets wait and see together on whats coming next

Can we just all agree on that it would be nice for the Staff here to forward our concerns and questions to the devs and try to get us a bit more info on the whole console exclusivity matter?

I know for a fact that the mods here want the best for PC as much as we do, they have very little power to change things and they can only say what they are allowed to, but surely they can at least ask questions and hope for an answer in our behalf.

So let´s hope they give us some input soon.

@IfrianMMO said in Console Launch Exclusive:

Can we just all agree on that it would be nice for the Staff here to forward our concerns and questions to the devs and try to get us a bit more info on the whole console exclusivity matter?

I know for a fact that the mods here want the best for PC as much as we do, they have very little power to change things and they can only say what they are allowed to, but surely they can at least ask questions and hope for an answer in our behalf.

So let´s hope they give us some input soon.

Agreed. @GM-Deynger

@Morgothryuzaki said in Console Launch Exclusive:

If they do this shit for New Gensis,I might just stop playing altogether. I won't be punished for being on PC,a platform that is OWNED BY MICROSOFT. I won't be stuck again in a situation where the console players will have a clear and definite advantage over us.

seriously if they do this shit to us once again i'll just hop on blue protocol.