Console Launch Exclusive

Thanks for the research on this, guys.

Frankly, I don't want to believe this means PC would be left out of New Genesis. Sega have done some remarkably stupid things with Phantasy Star particularly in the second half of the series' long life, but there has to be some limit to how far they're willing to take purposeful hostility to their own players, surely?

I mean, this is going to be a Play Anywhere title update first and foremost. It would be a lot of manual effort just to set up a new title to allow Xbox One / Series X players access to New Generation and keep PC on Old Generation. Just removing the Play Anywhere label would ban PC players from Old Generation too.

I can imagine they might limit the NG update to the Microsoft Store to start with and if other PC launchers (Steam, GOG or crappy ones) have had the game at all by 2021 they may have to wait a while. But setting up a new title? I'm not convinced. Normally Sega's player-screwing comes from negligence rather than effort.

its out of question if this will be a console launch exclusive - windows players have to wait and other platforms most probably too - wich means if they handle the things the same way as PSO2 NA pc players will see no beta test wich is more than much needed for them - on top of the benefits console players get over pc players simply by being the first who get to play it and getting several advantages again over pc players

From what I've seen, across the board, the launches will be:

Ps4, windows Pc and Nintendo Switch/pc in Japan Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC on NA.

There was also a statement that it /should/ roll out at the same time.

https://youtu.be/pZWaDv5YlFk

Start around 2 minutes in.

Summary is he said in most cases they will be available on both PC and Xbox Gamepass at launch.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

Summary is he said in most cases they will be available on both PC and Xbox Gamepass at launch.

and he mentioned the 3rd party games will launch xbox exclusively first - taking into account that after the presentation of pso2 it got shown on screen that its xbox exclusive launch this is completly out of question - xbox first then all others

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive:

and he mentioned the 3rd party games will launch xbox exclusively first - taking into account that after the presentation of pso2 it got shown on screen that its xbox exclusive launch this is completly out of question - xbox first then all others

"don't you guys have xbox?"

@JuggernautGTX he stated some of the third partty titles may be xbox only first due to a developer agreement to not go to PC at launch, but I don't see why PSO2 would not want to be on PC at launch for NA when it definitely will be in JP.

It is ambiguous information, but it doesn't reinforce being doom and gloom about it. They also mentioned adding the cloud streaming option for Ultimate members for some titles, PSO2 has pushed Ultimate pretty hard. Maybe they will be one of the titles.

Ouch the entitlement in all your post. But hey, there is something you are completely overlooking. Console Launch exclusive, the whole thing you are harping so hard on, means out of all the consoles it will launch exclusively on Xbox... is PC a console now??? Lol so long pc master race, welcome to the console market. But hey, keep speculating... its entertaining.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

means out of all the consoles it will launch exclusively on Xbox... is PC a console now??? Lol so long pc master race, welcome to the console market. But hey, keep speculating... its entertaining.

where exactly did i say that pc is a console? - i only mentioned that its being announced to get a xbox exclusive launch

it will be available for windows 10 but chances are extremly high that pc wont see a beta once again wich is in fact well ya...xbox players be like "pc ppl stop crying"

"yup i dont like it at all but thats microsoft for you...and i highly doubt that will change ...sucks for us pc players"

its out of question if this will be a console launch exclusive - windows players have to wait and other platforms most probably too - wich means if they handle the things the same way as PSO2 NA pc players will see no beta test wich is more than much needed for them - on top of the benefits console players get over pc players simply by being the first who get to play it and getting several advantages again over pc players

@JuggernautGTX I also stated that a console launch exclusive isnt as cut and dry as it is only going to be on X console... halo is a Xbox exclusive yet it is on pc... stop panicking over speculation...italicised text

@Bass-Captain-2 ya so having a concern over "the pc players most probably never seeing a beta again" like we never seen one on PSO2 NA - is a bad thing now? taking into account that thousends of people had tons of trouble to get the game running

@JuggernautGTX and yet here you are thinking that PSO2 now was Microsoft's target... I promise you they wanted this updated/new version and it is what they are building for. Changing up how the game engine/graphic engine works changes how the game interfaces with your pc.... so stop using your assumptions as factual information and wait patiently for news from either the PSO team or Microsoft. Might be a big reason why fixing the current iteration of pso2 isnt being focused on in the windows store. Their main priority is getting NG running and operating with little hiccups...

@JuggernautGTX also why would you need a beta for an "update". A beta would be needed for a new game, what you're are thinking is having test servers to test patches and updates... we dont know if they will implement a test realm in NG because we still dont know much about how the game will be or what it will really be...

@Bass-Captain-2

@IfrianMMO said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@Leonkh99 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

We currently have no details on the exact nature of the release though... its best we wait till we have more details.

Also gonna draw some attention to this from the announcement here: Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

I mean "Console Launch Exclusive" is pretty much self-explanatory.

Especially when the devs of other "Console Launch Exclusive" titles from the same show have already explained that it means their game will come on XBOX X first and will stay exclusive to it for a period of time.

lets quote OP here - xbox players will see a beta - they will see a launch - and some months in it will see a release on windows 10 and then other platforms - as characters are being carried over this means there is no seperation of xbox and windows 10 players hence why windows 10 players will see NO beta or they have to split pc and xbox players entirely - prove me wrong