Console Launch Exclusive

So i was re-watching the entire show when i noticed that for about a second, something that i thought we had finally left behind with the disastrous launch of PSO2-NA, flashed in the screen right before the trailer took us all by surprise.

"Console Launch Exclusive"

Have we learned absolutely nothing from the beta/launch of PSO2NA? Are we seriously doing this again?

Are you going to treat PC players as third-rate Arks for the fourth time in PS history and potentially twice in the span of a single year?

Re-consider this while you are still in time, for the love of all that´s holy, let us not have another PSO2NA situation for PC players with months of silence and uncertainty.

It was already unfair and eregious on PSO2, but PSO2NEWGENESIS is basically an entire new MMORPG with some transferable content SO BEING LEFT BEHIND FROM THE BEGINNING IS MUCH MORE OF AN ISSUE.

You cannot do this to us on a whole new game.

it will be available for windows 10 but chances are extremly high that pc wont see a beta once again wich is in fact well ya...xbox players be like "pc ppl stop crying"

@JuggernautGTX said in Console Launch Exclusive:

it will be available for windows 10 but chances are extremly high that pc wont see a beta once again wich is in fact well ya...xbox players be like "pc ppl stop crying"

I am fully aware that it will be for WIndows 10 as well, but the fact it said CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE right before the trailer pretty much implies that in the West, the game will come FIRST for XBOX X (and potentially one) and then for PC.

Just like it happened with PSO2NA.

@IfrianMMO yup i dont like it at all but thats microsoft for you...and i highly doubt that will change ...sucks for us pc players

We currently have no details on the exact nature of the release though... its best we wait till we have more details.

Also gonna draw some attention to this from the announcement here: Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

Yep we will have to wait and miss out on a lot of cosmetics yet again.

@Leonkh99 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

We currently have no details on the exact nature of the release though... its best we wait till we have more details.

Also gonna draw some attention to this from the announcement here: Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

I mean "Console Launch Exclusive" is pretty much self-explanatory.

Especially when the devs of other "Console Launch Exclusive" titles from the same show have already explained that it means their game will come on XBOX X first and will stay exclusive to it for a period of time.

If they do this shit for New Gensis,I might just stop playing altogether. I won't be punished for being on PC,a platform that is OWNED BY MICROSOFT. I won't be stuck again in a situation where the console players will have a clear and definite advantage over us.

"Console launch exclusive" usually implies that it's timed exclusive on the specific console and it's possible it could release on other consoles later (if the developer chooses to)? That phrase usually isn't related to PC versions, I think?

Xbox Play Anywhere. All the new Series X console exclusives are also available through Windows 10 at launch and sounds like are also part of Gamepass.

The new Xbox is more like an alternative to playing on a PC rather than a requirement to play the next generation of Xbox games.

I did not see in either of the videos where it said 'console launch exclusive'. Maybe I missed it but I have watched each video twice and still never saw that text.

@Shiz1880 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

I did not see in either of the videos where it said 'console launch exclusive'. Maybe I missed it but I have watched each video twice and still never saw that text.

It showed during the actual presentation, not in the separated, re-uploaded videos on YT.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

Xbox Play Anywhere. All the new Series X console exclusives are also available through Windows 10 at launch and sounds like are also part of Gamepass.

The new Xbox is more like an alternative to playing on a PC rather than a requirement to play the next generation of Xbox games.

After the PSO2NA experience, i think we deserve an official confirmation about this.

@Shiz1880 said in Console Launch Exclusive:

180d5014-14c4-489e-a495-2806d6dd0765-image.png popped after the presentation of pso2 was over (after the xbox etc screen)

@IfrianMMO I asked all the Xbox twitters if them being on Gamepass means they will also be available for PC Gamepass Ultimate holders/Play Anywhere titles.

Hopefully they respond before the weekend starts.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Console Launch Exclusive:

@IfrianMMO I asked all the Xbox twitters if them being on Gamepass means they will also be available for PC Gamepass Ultimate holders/Play Anywhere titles.

Hopefully they respond before the weekend starts.

You should have asked if they will release simultaneously. Because them being on the pass/play anywhere can still see them with a tiered release.