Do something about these meseta sellers!

Do something about these meseta sellers! One has been in lobby all day and night! Why won't you ban them?

I'm guessing they are looking at reports then doing bans in waves.

Go to their gamer profile, report/block. This silences them on your end. And yes, there are a lot of them... they're all bots, and the rmt meseta is a scam.

Yea great way to come back to the game after taking a long break only to be bombarded by spam. But hopefully they will get to banning the sellers.

@Jay6x Blocking them on Xbox Live, does not by extension block them in game..... Just an fyi.

@Anarchy-Marine Yeah the xbox thing is absolutely worthless for anything. It only makes using everything basic like adding friends more trouble than its worth.

@Ki-Rin they are doing something making a new game so you can quit til it releases.

Chinese bots don't care about bans Soon as the account gets ban its replaced instantly

Whatever they are doing (if anything) isn't working. Sega needs to get off their ass and put something in-game to remove the issue. Ban certain words, actually pay someone to patrol the ships, I don't care what it is. Otherwise this makes it look like Sega even cares less about the NA version of the game. Give the players their own filter to remove the issue.

Make it so actually blocking them or something works. Seriously, what's the point of the xbox thing?

I'm really disappointed with the lack of moderation in the lobbies. Sexual symbol chat, meseta sellers or "gold sellers" as they're referred to in other games, and, well, that's about it. Doesn't sound like much but consistently I've seen two types of bots:

One type is programmed to switch blocks every 20 seconds. After 10 seconds it will start walking towards the block switch room slowly, spamming its meseta selling website the entire time.

The other type walks to a designated location and spams every 1 min to 4 mins randomly.

Both fill the screen and character limit in caps lock on their crap.

The only reason this is such a big deal to me is I was very much against cheaters in the original PSO games, and they were rampant. I understand back then, online games were in their infancy, and many companies were just getting their feet wet with this style of game.

Nowadays there really should be tool integrated to combat something like spammers. I get that a lot of this programming originated in Japan and the Canada/Stateside admins have a lot to tangle with, but to see them constantly advertise many times multiple ones in a lobby is extremely infuriating!

Is there anything volunteers can do to combat this besides reporting in-game and on Xbox Live? Can there be an additional report feature that looks for a constantly string of letters like "WWW" or "SELL" or look at something on the backend that's copy/pasting?

I thought I was clever pushing one into the Gateway Ship area but either pushing players is only client side and not global or they somehow have a way to dodge the menu that pops when you go to that area.

Thanks for reading!

They ban and they come back. It's a never ending war on MMO's with these type of things.

Only solution I can think of is don't allow chat/trading until level 20. Would die down quite a bit.

@IceHedge The sexual symbols are real players though. If your talking about nude anime tiddies, yeah, I can agree that's a bit too far. But jokes are fine in my book. My point is, don't make a mountain out of an ant hill, as I rarely see nude art, if ever, as it's mostly innuendo symbol art. And again, symbol art itself is not super common, at least on ship 3. The meseta bot spam on the other hand is literally in every block, every five seconds, and that's if you are lucky enough for them to leave. Otherwise the bots spam is all the time. Focus needs to be placed on these bots, and nowhere else. God forbid, a game with a mature audience makes perverse joke with symbol art, while using the chair dancing emote.

@GamerKillance No, not really, just doing the beginning tutorials bumps your character up to lvl 21.

@GamerKillance said in Do something about these meseta sellers!:

They ban and they come back. It's a never ending war on MMO's with these type of things.

Only solution I can think of is don't allow chat/trading until level 20. Would die down quite a bit.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Do something about these meseta sellers!:

@GamerKillance No, not really, just doing the beginning tutorials bumps your character up to lvl 21.

This. If you restrict the ability for bots to do <thing> until Level X, they will simply level all of their bots to X so they can do their <thing>.

Honestly, it becomes more effective (and more impactful, though not as noticeable) if they ban the BUYERS instead of the sellers.