NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?

@Mother-Vain I like the cutscenes, because it's like a free Anime within a game. It's better than what the western audience used to get with many JRPG's that had a release in NA. There used to be a time where we had less story, and cutscenes overall, in games like Sukoden, Lunar etc. If you want games with zero subplot, alongside the main plot, go play something else, because this isn't the game for you. The characters all have their own stories, and plot, many of which play out during the main quests, and later tie into the main quests.

Melrandia for instance has a series of seemingly unrelated scenes play out with Gettemhult, at least unrelated for anyone that wasn't paying attention to the fact that the man is unhinged. (SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO STILL HASN'T PLAYED THE STORY.) He later becomes possessed by Dark Falz Elder. Even stories unrelated to the main ark, add life to the game. Such as the romance subplots at play, or the fun of the insanity that is the CAST Risa/Lisa. (Depending upon the translation preference. )

I sincerely hope that stays consistent. I'm sorry you don't personally enjoy them, but that's a you issue. Not an issue with the game. An issue with the game, would be a universal broken mechanic, that is broken to a point of it being unplayable.

Never understood the rando angst movement towards JRPGs and removal of their cutscenes... Especially towards series like PS and FF. Want MMORPG story without cutscenes? Play ESO.

Asking to take cuts away from PS series, is like asking Walter Cronkite to read Harry Potter Fanfic erotica to preschool children.

@Viola-Lance said in NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?:

Never understood the rando angst movement towards JRPGs and removal of their cutscenes... Especially towards series like PS and FF. Want MMORPG story without cutscenes? Play ESO.

Asking to take cuts away from PS series, is like asking Walter Cronkite to read Harry Potter Fanfic erotica to preschool children.

^ This is pure truth being spoken

What fun would PSO2 be without Pati randomly yelling at you anyways or Risa cheerily informing you that she decided not to kill you this time.

In fact, now I hope those two are in NGS anyways.

@TsundereMuse Well Risa (Lisa) I'm certain will make a cameo if not be a more "emotional" character given that we learned a bit more about her past. I would not put it past SEGA to try to expand on this and give the other characters a chance to appear whether it be by flashbacks or a cameo mission/chapter. Perhaps Zeon and Echo actually get married and their descendant could possibly accompany your character; or they could go with a different spin where ARKS Operatives do not age at all. NGS is really getting me thinking of the what could be type situations.

We just need to sit back and wait.. but for now we got the classic PS series until the nostalgia is unfolded in Chapter 4 from what another poster has said or (4-6). All I truly care about is that PSO2 did not forget the Nostalgic beginnings from 1988

About cutscenes, while the old matterboard story system in PSO2 JP is something that was pretty convoluted, there's some really nice cutscenes that were removed with the change to the current version of the story... Some of the most notable ones for me were some Quna and Aki cutscenes in Episode 2 that served as an epilogue to both of their stories...

Thankfully there's a youtube channel that is uploading the original version of the PSO2 Ep1 to 3 story on youtube with english subtitles (though it's not complete yet, they currently have the full Ep3 uploaded and are going through Episode 1).

Original Episode 1 playlists (incomplete, on-going): https://www.youtube.com/c/OceanicPSO2/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=3

Original Episode 3 playlists: https://www.youtube.com/c/OceanicPSO2/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

@Mother-Vain said in NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?:

ARKS will face Dark Falz.

And there will be drama.

And 1000 unnecessary cutscenes.

(Plz reduce the cutscenes. There's so many cutscenes that didn't seem to contribute to the story.)

My guy the cutscenes are like the best part! Warframe could learn a thing or two from them!

@Viola-Lance I'm not against cut-scenes in Jrpgs, but Xenosaga took it to an extreme because that game was more cut-scene than game. FF14 straddles that line too.

@BarrelHunter said in NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?:

@Viola-Lance I'm not against cut-scenes in Jrpgs, but Xenosaga took it to an extreme because that game was more cut-scene than game. FF14 straddles that line too.

Those were dark days