NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?

I'm pretty sure our characters' looks transferring over doesn't mean our character's story will transfer over. It'll probably just be a new character with our old character's looks.

even though it was stated that you can take your current character with you into ngs he/she will automatically get reset to level one and that ain't fair because the whole point of taking your current character with you is to get a head start

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?:

even though it was stated that you can take your current character with you into ngs he/she will automatically get reset to level one and that ain't fair because the whole point of taking your current character with you is to get a head start

Is it really ideal to steamroll through new content? I think the slow build up to becoming more powerful in game is more rewarding though it's just my opinion.

I remember at least one or two major quests from the original PS games that had time travel (future / past) at some point near the middle of the games, so... Anywho, might just bust out the old 16bit and relive the original series.

@Iron-Woodsman said in NEW GENESIS TAKES PLACE 1000 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF PSO2 & What the hell is the plot going to be?:

I'm pretty sure our characters' looks transferring over doesn't mean our character's story will transfer over. It'll probably just be a new character with our old character's looks.

Then its a new game entirely. ­čś×

They really need to make the two stories connect or at least make it so that our efforts in PSO2 can carry over in some shape or form.

I think people are reading too much into it. Our character will not exist in both games at the same time in the story context. Our PSO2 character is technically a different character than the same PSO2NG character. It is there just because we might like our look and do not want to give it up... of course we could make a new character completely.

In the original Phantasy Star lore, the seal over The Profound Darkness weakens every 1.000 years.

It cannot possibly be a coincidence.

Many billions of years ago in space, a powerful, spiritual entity divided itself into two lesser beings that began to fight one another.

After a long and arduous battle, there was a victor. The winner banished the enemy spiritual life form into another dimension. The victor was called "The Great Light" and the defeated one "The Profound Darkness".

The Great Light feared the possibility of The Profound Darkness resurrecting itself, so it placed a seal over the dimensional portal. The seal was three planets revolving around one fixed star: the Algo Solar System.

The Great Light divided the responsibility of the seal between three races of "Protectors": the Parmians of Parma, the Dezolians of Dezolis, and the Motavians of Motavia.

However there were fluctuations in the strength of the seal; once every 1000 years, the seal would weaken drastically. Future generations of "Protectors" would also forget their mission.

As a contingency plan, The Great Light created the 4th planet Rykros, which returns to Algo once every 1000 years, as well as its inhabitants such as Le Roof, to remind the protectors of their mission when the seal's final moment came.

I don't want to spoil anything that is coming in episodes 4-6, but let's just say that all of the "traditional" Phantasy Star lore will have been fully explored in the PSO2 context by the time the story concludes.

@Redex well that is where we must agree to disagree because I for one don't relish the idea of having all of my hard work developing my character erased by taking him with me into new genesis

@IfrianMMO This is litterally the stuff I brought up over on the Lore forum in my theory.

hmmm weapon from 1000 years ago, would probably be useless compared to the new one

Honestly, I am more interested in how this may be connected to IDOLA. Remember that IDOLA takes place in the same timeline as PSO2, just far in the future (not sure how far or if that has even been stated).

@Archetype-Luna It might not even be the future seeing as the Stargate can seemingly pull characters from the "present" PSO2 era into it. If I am recalling correctly, as shown by the Episode 1 epilogue quests, Quna, Matoi, and Gene (from PSO2es) being on Vandor is canon to Idola's story. It may very well be in another dimension with time dilation stuff going on.

How about everyone quits freaking out. You'll still be able to play PSO2 for about five years after New Genesis launches. That's plenty of time to experience everything the current game has to offer, and get board, while still leveling your character on the Genesis side of things. Your cosmetics and sh*t transfer, so AC scratches aren't wasted, and you get an entirely new game, that may very well be a continuation of your current character.