New Genesis Follow up video and NA webpage post

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbQCZ2j5nZE

NA page: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement

It's like parallel universe, both games will exist side by side and you can travel in-between them on same character.

Alot of things WILL NOT transfer over - only says it shares AC and SG currency system (says nothing about the items you get from them). Weapons and units can carry over but functionality may be different... temporary

Confirmed will NOT transfer over:

Character Level, EXP, Skills

Photon Arts/Techniques

Meseta/FUN

Skill Rings

Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement

Boost Items

Materials

Furnishings

Emotes carry over... so what I am reading is that I can walk the path of explosions even 1000 years into the future.

I suppose the investments for those that want to play the new game are:

Weapons Units Emotes.

I didn't see confirmation that accessories will direct transfer over, nor outfits/layered wear. So I won't bother

Still , the graphics upgrade on Normal will be nice, Being able to pop over to NewGenesis sounds funky ... I am intrigued for sure .. I am also wondering if they will overhaul the UI .. yadda yadda..

I see, I was kinda expecting that outfits and basewears wouldn't carry over to the new game, it would be almost inhumanly possible to update everything to the new graphs.

And I was never one to care much for emotes so that's kinda meh for me.

Xp, Meseta and skills not carrying over was also kinda expected.

Now I didn't see that weapons,units and mags carrying over coming. Though I'd bet the gear we carry over most likely will be just an entry gear, easily replaceable by other stuff we'll find in the actual game(which is for the best I guess).

All in all, yeah, no big surprises outside that gear thing for me. Looking forward for what comes next!

@Fester said in New Genesis Follow up video and NA webpage post:

I see, I was kinda expecting that outfits and basewears wouldn't carry over to the new game, it would be almost inhumanly possible to update everything to the new graphs.

But it says that the old PSO2 game will also receive the graphical update to match NGS, so it would be extremely weird for all the cosmetics to be graphically updated for the base game and not carry over to NGS.

@Shinryu-M My guess is that the old costumes will be kept "low rez" to promote the newer costumes but letting players keep onto their hard bought or grinded nostalgia clothes .. eventually play habits with phase them out (all speculation on my part, but still sounds feasible.) I expect New Genesis to have its own fashion however.

Yah the follow up video gave me more questions than answers.

@Fester Weapons and units mentioned in the video, it will carry over but have different functionality as potentials are different in NG. Units are invisible.

I added in NA page post later - in there they said you will carry over mag and evolution devices BUT, mags no longer affect stats or aid in combat.

I think it's still too early to give up on cosmetics, it's not one of the confirmed not carried over stuff yet.

Just wait for more information, probably the next PSO2 Station https://pso2.jp/players/community/pso2station/

Or if you can't understand JP, wait for the summary translation on http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ and from what I understand they try to update it real time.

@HarmlessSyan said in New Genesis Follow up video and NA webpage post:

I added in NA page post later - in there they said you will carry over mag and evolution devices BUT, mags no longer affect stats or aid in combat.

Welp, guess mags are just glorified companions then?

I was never a fan of mags and had mine stealthed as soon as I could, so guess I'll not be losing my sleep over that 😛

It's interesting that they're pulling a dual game type thing, and really nice that while everybody will start from scratch level and (mostly) gear wise, we'll keep most (if not all) cosmetics, emotes, etc. Gives actual reason to still get things ingame.

Fingers move. Fingers. Move. FINGERS MOVE!!!!!

Seeing as that was the only thing I put as what I would like to see in the future on the CBT survey, I am quite ecstatic.

After reading the JP version, I'm pretty convinced now that cosmetics will carry over. http://pso2.jp/players/news/i_pso2_ngs/

『PSO2』のキャラクタークリエイト情報やロビーアクションに関連するアイテムや過去の登録情報は、すべて『PSO2:NGS』と共有可能です!

PSO2 character creator data and lobby actions and related items that are registered, ALL (すべて) are available in NG

EDIT: Oh I should say this is not confirmation, just my opinion

@Fester said in New Genesis Follow up video and NA webpage post:

@HarmlessSyan said in New Genesis Follow up video and NA webpage post:

Welp, guess mags are just glorified companions then?

I was never a fan of mags and had mine stealthed as soon as I could, so guess I'll not be losing my sleep over that 😛

Personally I'm not bothered that much. Mags were always cool being both a stat boost and companion. Yet, I still want to keep them even if only as companions. Although it said temporary. Who knows if we get to use them again in the future as stat boosts, if not, oh well.