The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

@Rhysticalz said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Archetype-Luna

Not sure where you live, but over in the Japan where I live COVID-19 is making a huge comeback. Especially with recent decisions to shy away from closing things down again since the state of emergency back in April.

Compare the numbers, even if it is starting to make some sort of comeback (which is natural due to people interacting with each other more), Japan's number of confirmed cases is less than one hundredth of the US. Sure the US has a larger population, but only by about 2.6 times. Japan also has roughly a 72% recovery rate compared to the US' ~30%. Japan is astronomically more diligent and pragmatic with Covid than the US. Its recovery rate is better than the global rate of ~58%. I am pretty sure it is safe to say that Japan handled it well, especially when compared to the US; they are doing something overall correctly.

@TINPAN22

No one cares what you call it. Good day.

@SleeprunnerInc Actually small correction now that I went back to look... development begun when Episode 5 was nearing its end.

Figured i'd leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPH4vuq7Ks

@Leonkh99 Thanks for the correction.

@Bette No one cares how you see it either. Good day to you too!

@Bette Just ignore him. He's trying to bait you into getting yourself banned.

@Bette yea don't feed the trolls they just sit there in their basement dwellings wishing they had what we seem to have ... I think that's called a "life" XD

@Anarchy-Marine No, simply responding to his message.

@PhantasyStar719 You have a life? LOL - Keep telling yourself that. The only trolls here are y’all. If you can’t provide anything productive to the thread, why comment? “xD”

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Anarchy-Marine No, simply responding to his message.

@PhantasyStar719 You have a life? LOL - Keep telling yourself that. The only trolls here are y’all. If you can’t provide anything productive to the thread, why comment? “xD”

What's so amusing about having a life? At this point , at this very specific time , It may be harder to do so. Sanity is to be able to do other things, Other than just sit in front of a screen for over 6+ hours at a time , To be able to do other activities , As remedial as they may seem,

@TINPAN22 You've blantently called people a shill for having the audacity of of having hope, that a company might actually get some things right for a change. You sound like someone either purposely trying to bait people into a conflict by insulting them, or someone who has been getting shafted by big corporations too much, because you weren't smart with your money. I.E anyone that bought the last several copy and paste CoD games.

When you talk down to people, as if you are above them, you should expect the same in kind. You and a few other confrontational types on here, start sh*t, but can't stand it when anyone sticks up for themselves, or when someone else comes in to shut you down, and then from that point on, you stop arguing reasonable points, (assuming they were reasonable in the first place) and begin to insult people by calling them bootlickers, shills, etc. You start problems where there are none, because your fagile ego of self worth gets shattered. You need to get off of your high horse pal. People like you have been a problem in this community, on par with the alliances that go around on ships 1-3 to be a**holes.

Now, to get this thread back on track. I have an understanding of how this will work. You can reverse implement a new graphics engine on an older game, but not many of the gameplay mechanics, or open world spaces, thus why there is a disjoint from New Genesis, and PSO2 classic, as many have come to call it.

The graphics update on classic, allows for many, if not all of the cosmetics being completely transfereable, as well as weapons and mags, but not the stats attributed to them, as NGS is an entirely new game, that is coded to be backwards compatible with the older title, which is why it says you can hop back and forth freely between the two. It will likely act as one game in your HD space, but other than that, these are separate games.

One could safely assume, the remaining service time on classic is to be determined, but people keep saying five years. If classic is to eventually shut down, Genesis is acting as a soft transfer to a newly supported title, that our characters will all eventually, and permanently settle down in. Thus again, why the easier to transfer information goes back and forth, but weapons systems, and stats are their own thing in both games.

@Anarchy-Marine And you sound like someone who is projecting, ‘pal’ 🙂

As stated before, I’m merely giving what I get. As for the ‘high horse’ and ‘ego’ comment? The irony of your post is laughable! It’s people like you who need a good hard look in the mirror.

That being said, I do agree with your latter post regarding THE ACTUAL TOPIC...

I jumped in on this thread at a good time it seems <_<"

Anyway, so it seems since classic PSO2 will get a graphic update that means clothing carries over? But furnishings don't... I wonder if that has to do with the housing system changing which makes sense, interested on how that'll be.

Also about the possibility of classic PSO2 closing after a few years, isn't it possible to be the other way around though? All I can think of is how Maplestory 2 didn't last long at all but the original is still around and kicking.

@Clain I mean for one...we all know how these games are like at launch. Some people will naturally not be all too enthusiased about the limited amount of content available on NGS at launch for some time.