The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

@Leonkh99 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

I should mention that JP knows as much about NGS as we do...

That is what I love most of all about this. We're on even ground to experience things for the 1st time.

@PhantasyStar369 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Leonkh99 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

I should mention that JP knows as much about NGS as we do...

That is what I love most of all about this. We're on even ground to experience things for the 1st time.

Oh HELL YES! That's what Im talking about! It's too bad that most people don't see it from this perspective. Instead we are getting all this feedback that the majority of these players are somewhat grieve stricken-ed because they spent money? I don't know about you guys , But I am gone to spent a SHEET ton of money on this game. C'mon people! GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@SleeprunnerInc the point being that they allow big news to be released by other publishers first before chiming in, followed by releasing informational news at scheduled intervals.

Now there is the additional challenge of PSO2JP AND PSO2NA releasing their news at the same time.

Demanding information isn't going to make them break away from that and is minimally constructive. It would be better to have a megathread or something of questions the community wants answered specifically so that it can be updated with the information once it is released.

There is one started for Genesis Questions: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6429/pso2-genesis-question-megathread

@John-Paul-RAGE said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@SleeprunnerInc the point being that they allow big news to be released by other publishers first before chiming in, followed by releasing informational news at scheduled intervals.

Now there is the additional challenge of PSO2JP AND PSO2NA releasing their news at the same time.

Demanding information isn't going to make them break away from that and is minimally constructive. It would be better to have a megathread or something of questions the community wants answered specifically so that it can be updated with the information once it is released.

Again, more speculation and baseless claims. You don’t work for Sega so stop acting like you know the ins and outs of their PR strategy. You call it demanding yet all you do is bootlick Sega in every post.

I’d rather something be ‘minimally constructive’ than be of zero construct, which is what you provide with your blatant bias and constant shilling.

@TINPAN22 Calm down dude.

Even if you don't work for Sega, you can understand their PR strategies and how development works if you have ever worked on anything similar to it.

Case in point, I've worked in game development and marketing, things like holding back information during development is smart.

Otherwise we would get alot of hype and then if development seized on somethings or changed due to unforeseen consequences, people would be blasted out of their minds.

The only thing we do want to know if it's a standalone title with a progression transfer OR one game with an expansion.

However I also suspect it could be a pseudo standalone expansion where you can install only the NG side or the PSO2 side while utilizing your same character.

So yeah.

@SleeprunnerInc I remember one post claiming that there's no way costumes could have been ported over since NGS just 'begun development'... cause why woulda gamedev studio want to hold back information for a game thats currently in development right? (sarcasm)

There's been some evidence that this may have begun development as far back as 2018, about a year before the NA announcement, and things are still a year away from release. Lack of information over here is for ONCE not the result of the Western fanbase being screwed over by mismanagement of communication, we've literally been getting the same news updates that JP has had regarding the matter.

Given that they literally announced that PSO2 will continue going, will be getting a new graphical update and the devs have more plans for things they want to implement into vanilla PSO2.... yea, there's no reason we can't enjoy what we currently have and be patient with information.

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

The community needs answers.

We will get answers when they are ready to give them. Acting entitled doesn't make the answers come any faster.

I think everyone needs a personal you-moment to breathe.

We all love this game, otherwise we wouldn't be here. We wouldn't be here if we weren't excited, or at least intrigued.

There's no villains here. Unless you're secretly Falspawn. And if that's the case, I have some serious lore questions for you.

None of us need information right now. We simply want it. It's okay to want things, but be kind if you want things.

New Genesis could come out on December 31, 2021 for all we know. And if so, that's a year and a half away.

@Leonkh99 Yeah, the development began shortly after to my best bet after Episode 6.

They had to decide what they would do and if it was feasible to make an episode 7 and how they would do it.

The game was getting repetitive so an update to the gameplay, graphics etc was direly needed.

So my best bet is that they decided to remake the game with a new engine and imported all the files they had and started upgrading them since they already had everything done so all they needed was to upgrade them through hours and hours of work.

@Mother-Vain Hello I will be your internet guide for today.

Surprisingly people come on to forums even if they hate the game/product/etc.

Not everyone is here because they like or enjoy the game or even play it.

Some simply want to watch the world burn.

Welcome to the magical land of the internets.

Drinks are on the virtual house to your left and the showers to the right.

Avoid grandpa 4chan, he's weird.

@SleeprunnerInc I’m very calm, dude 🙂

I too have a history in AAA video game marketing and development and know that whilst it may be similar between some companies it can drastically change with others. Hence my point, if you don’t work for Sega it’s just pure speculation.

@Bette Neither does acting like a bootlicker. You call it entitlement but I call it feedback. I’d rather open my mouth about issues than than sit back like an unpaid shill.

@TINPAN22 At the same time it is a game that is currently in development as opposed to an active MMO getting content releases... PSO2 begun development in 2008, was ept under wraps till about 2010 and details regarding it and what fate awaited PSU weren't known till 2011-2012. While 'entitlement' may not have been the correct choice of words... it can't be denied that this community does need more patience.

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Bette Neither does acting like a bootlicker. You call it entitlement but I call it feedback. I’d rather open my mouth about issues than than sit back like an unpaid shill.

This is hostility. Feedback is good, but I think after getting an article of information, it is fair to be patient for further information. Then, if they don't give it when promised, it is fair to ask again. Yet repeating it now, does nothing for the community.

@Leonkh99 LOL on the contrary I can deny it. I’ve been waiting for PSO2 for over 8+ years as have many others, I am the epitome of patient when it comes to the franchise 🙂

@Ranmaru That’s your opinion but I call it assertiveness. It’s lot less hostile than the responses anyone gets here for speaking out against issues.

And I don’t see anybody in here asking repeatedly either.

@Archetype-Luna

Not sure where you live, but over in the Japan where I live COVID-19 is making a huge comeback. Especially with recent decisions to shy away from closing things down again since the state of emergency back in April.

@Rhysticalz it is almost flu season in America, so I am sure there will be some dramatic policies regarding COVID-19