The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

@Hatsodoom said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

What about purchased character slots? I have 6 characters at the moment, will I have to pay real money AGAIN to transfer those three extra characters?

Your characters exist in both games.

@John-Paul-RAGE RuneScape is a bit different since Osrs was launched after the main game moved to EoC.

Though as long as they update both Pso2 and NG, I'm sure population will be fine

@PhantasyStar369 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Hatsodoom said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

What about purchased character slots? I have 6 characters at the moment, will I have to pay real money AGAIN to transfer those three extra characters?

Your characters exist in both games.

So creating/buying one in PSO2 automatically creates it in NGS? I figured you had to manually transfer or something.

@Hatsodoom It works both ways. You can bring your NGS character over to legacy PSO2 apparently.

You know what will make NGS great? Launch NGS with steam! I know it is not going to happen, but I can dream, cant I?

"Lets make Phastasy Star great again"

@Kidto said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

You know what will make NGS great? Launch NGS with steam! I know it is not going to happen, but I can dream, cant I?

"Lets make Phastasy Star great again"

Well... from the announcement page:

Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

They are only listing the platforms (and regions) that PSO2 is CURRENTLY on... PSO2 is announced to be coming to 'other platforms' (which datamines show.... is Steam) and launching outside of North America (an official PEGI and ACB rating had been assigned already too). The same will most likely apply to PSO2:NGS.

While I'm on the side that is looking forward to NGS, and believe the wording on the character creator data means outfits/fashion will transfer over... I really think some people are highly dismissive and outright hostile to other players' concerns.

Keep in mind, on the announcement page, there are disclaimers such as part where it list things not getting carried over

• The above information is subject to change. We would greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter.

and

• Be sure to keep an eye out for more PSO2: NGS news, for further information on how data will transfer between the two games!

Meaning there will be more info and more clarity coming in the future. NGS is still probably a year or more away, alot of things are probably not even finalized yet and can change in the future. I would recommend people just wait a bit and watch or read up on the summary of PSO2 Station that will be on August 7th for more information. This isn't going to affect us anytime soon, do what you enjoy for the time being.

@Ephemiel said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@FerventPond3601 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

DDDDLife, RaingNyu and Ranmaru are the hardcore fanbois or even SEGA employer themselves. everything they have done are defending the game even on wrong aspects. just don't take anything they say serious or ignore them.

ironically there was a fanboy thread "just give it a year" made and boosted by those guys but guess what ? SEGA announced PSO2NG. i laugh fucking hard 😂

You literally joined like 11 hours ago. Did one of you complainers actually make an alt to pretend people think like you do?

pretty much just an alt account checked his profile acc is jus 3 days old and the replys always negative towards pso2...lame ppl needing multiple accs to spread misery

@John-Paul-RAGE Cause half the time they don't provide correct info anyways OR don't tell us what they added anyways as is the case wtih the NA servers. Even you know that.

I should mention that JP knows as much about NGS as we do...

@Leonkh99 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Hatsodoom It works both ways. You can bring your NGS character over to legacy PSO2 apparently.

Yah but what I'm asking is can we bring characters bought with AC over to NGS w/o having to pay again?

@Leonkh99 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

This is what has me going extra at people screaming bloody marry. PSO2 isn't up and leaving.

@SleeprunnerInc the point being that they allow big news to be released by other publishers first before chiming in, followed by releasing informational news at scheduled intervals.

Now there is the additional challenge of PSO2JP AND PSO2NA releasing their news at the same time.

Demanding information isn't going to make them break away from that and is minimally constructive. It would be better to have a megathread or something of questions the community wants answered specifically so that it can be updated with the information once it is released.

@John-Paul-RAGE Fair enough.

However I still doubt that they would answer most questions with anything other than premade messages since they seem to be very very quiet evne on forums and twitter except when it comes to advertising new SC sales and trying to get people to spend money.

@SleeprunnerInc Agreed. But if we had an archive of the questions, it could be updated as the information comes out. I think someone in the Suggestion side is trying to do that now.