The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

@Mother-Vain You do make good points, though they intend to upgrade Pso2 with Pso2:NG's graphics as well somewhere down the line. So it's more likely that at launch of Pso2:NG, some, if not most, outfits will not be compatible.

Not sure if they are planning on taking that ridiculous task of upgrading all of the old costumes to fit with NG, or they are going to remove/disable old costumes when the update hit's Pso2's base game.

Which one sounds more ridiculous lol

@Mother-Vain The issue is that can be a really bad business move. It would remove confidence in a large portion of their cosmetics and can heavily cut into their profits. Not to mention the backlash, especially on the NA side. People are already being cautious about spending more money.

@Archetype-Luna I think they'd get even more severe backlash in JP. I'd be salty spending my money over the course of 8 years on a game to not be able to transfer them to a new update lol

@Tri-Edge said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

I think they'd get even more severe backlash in JP.

JP doesn't freak out for every little thing like we've been doing.

@Archetype-Luna said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Mother-Vain The issue is that can be a really bad business move. It would remove confidence in a large portion of their cosmetics and can heavily cut into their profits. Not to mention the backlash, especially on the NA side. People are already being cautious about spending more money.

Disagree, my friend.

A bad business move would to close down the PSO2 servers and start fresh. Running both simultaneously is no different from what World of Warcraft did with Classic WoW and Retail WoW. The only difference is that "Classic WoW' is now "SUPER RIDICULOUSLY SWOL PSO2:NG" and that Retail remains the same. Among both products, you can't transfer all the items you spent money on over the last decade.

It might make some butthurt that many items are incompatible, but realistically we're not losing our items or losing our game at all. Instead, we're seeing an upgrade to a fun experience and, more or less, starting over. Someone said Phantasy Star Universe in jest, but this is more, like, Phantasy Star Multiverse.

@Tri-Edge said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Mother-Vain You do make good points, though they intend to upgrade Pso2 with Pso2:NG's graphics as well somewhere down the line. So it's more likely that at launch of Pso2:NG, some, if not most, outfits will not be compatible.

Thank you. 🙂

Now it should be noted that they said that PSO2 graphics will see some upgrades but won't be anywhere near the extent of PSO2:NG, so we do have to factor in this understanding. If anything, my guess is that PSO2 will finally get Direct X11 and we'll see some better terrain textures and effects. Full-blown character redesigns like PSO2:NG? They said not happening.

What I think we might see from PSO2 Current is a boost in 4k output, uncompressed textures, and maybe a few cool lighting effects. Hell, I'd be happy with just Ray Tracing added, I think that'd change the entire game beautifully.

Accessories are the only thing I think could transfer over well, because they don't actually affix to the character model at all. They're just floaty magic that you can move and expand and play with to your heart's content. Since it's a floating object, it doesn't have anything to do with the character model in which pixels each has to connect on.

A lot of our questions will be answered when we see the actual character creation. When folks see how many points and pixels must be affixed appropriately to each costume design, it will be easier to understand exactly how much time and energy would be needed to remake every single costume all over again. It's like taking a PSX FF7 costume and placing it on to a FF7R PS4 character. Even if that feels extreme, there's a lot you need to know about the polygons to make anything look even remotely passable as clothes.

@DDDDLife said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@DDDDLife said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Yet another cry-baby thread were you guys "demand" an answer. * Facepalm*

Waa waa waa"" Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now, Why Ibet you even hold your breath and turn blue , Just to get what you want.

I knew there’d be one of these guys. Ironically you’re crying about it? Funny huh* Facepalm *. People should be encouraged to be vocal about problems, not discouraged. If enough people bring an issue up the devs have to acknowledge it eventually. This goes for anything in life.

Your attitude is super immature.

As for the new update regarding this, it only goes to prove my point. Let your voice be heard and don’t let people like the above poster deter you from speaking up.

Right, My attitude is completely immature, were you perhaps , Involved in that whole ship 4 Fiasco?

Yes, I completely agree, people should voice their own opinions, But does that opinion count when its been redundant for the 50th time? Why, I may be inclined to believe that you just may be one of those individuals that asks over and over and over again till you get an answer. Forget the fact that you may, But at this point you have no fore-sight to see what is coming and satisfy your own curiosity.

LOL WTF? No, I wasn't involed in the ship 4 fiasco. Your assumptions are very, very far fetched. It's literally the second thread I've made here, but try again haha.

@Ranmaru I don't know how you can perceive the tone of words over the internet, but it's called being assertive not demanding. This wasn't/isn't some small issue with the game. As I've said before, people should be encouraged to speak out. Not sit idly by. If asking for clarity is considered being a "cry baby" then crying about that makes you even more of a "cry baby"...

@TINPAN22 I don't disagree with speaking out. The asap! is what I am referring to in your title. It just seems like you expect the information as soon as possible as if you are entitled to it. When the asap wasn't needed.

@Mother-Vain said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@Archetype-Luna said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Disagree, my friend.

A bad business move would to close down the PSO2 servers and start fresh. Running both simultaneously is no different from what World of Warcraft did with Classic WoW and Retail WoW. The only difference is that "Classic WoW' is now "SUPER RIDICULOUSLY SWOL PSO2:NG" and that Retail remains the same. Among both products, you can't transfer all the items you spent money on over the last decade.

It might make some butthurt that many items are incompatible, but realistically we're not losing our items or losing our game at all. Instead, we're seeing an upgrade to a fun experience and, more or less, starting over. Someone said Phantasy Star Universe in jest, but this is more, like, Phantasy Star Multiverse.

Except, if outfits aren't transferable and if NGS halts additional content releases for the original PSO2, then it will definitely hurt the cosmetic sales. If NGS is what is going to continue the PSO2 story, then it is a bit different from WoW and Classic WoW. Classic WoW is a return to an older time while NGS is the next stage of the game.

Allowing cosmetics to transfer is likely a way to let them continue selling cosmetics, as that is a huge money maker for them.

RE: Costumes and character models, since this is a great conversation with @Tri-Edge and @Archetype-Luna (I'm really enjoying the conversation!)

Notice this: https://youtu.be/SbQCZ2j5nZE?t=155 If you can't see the specific time, go to 2:35 in the video.

It shows a very similar character with entirely different clothing on. This may perhaps be presumptuous, but why would they choose to carefully distinguish two entirely different costumes on the same character played by both? Not just the costume, but the color as well?

This might be Sega's subtle way of saying "SGs will be in both game, if you plan on playing the new game, maybe don't buy any more costumes this year". At least, that's my interpretation of what seems to be a very clear aesthetic decision in their previews.

@Mother-Vain Well the game is set 1000 years in the future. One thing to note is that IDOLA takes place in the far future of PSO2's timeline where ARKS has disbanded. NGS may be taking place after ARKS has disbanded, hence why you don't see any ARKS logo on the new outfits, so this may be more of a story thing with the new outfits. Also, a new outfit really gives it that new feeling. Plus, the colors on the four characters seem to match quite a bit now, where as before they were very distinct.

The main thing to note is the line,

Naturally, ALL character creation info from PSO2 (including items linked to emotes and other previously registered data) will be compatible with PSO2: NGS!

What exactly does other previous registered data means is the big question. Because things like base wear and inner wear are character creation info that is registered to a character/account. They even emphasized the "ALL." It would be strange to not have some of the outerwear that went with the base and inner wears wouldn't it? So right there there is a huge implication, while at the same time, leaving it vague enough for skepticism (which honestly does annoy me, I prefer blunt answers on situations like this). I am honestly of the feeling that outfits will transfer as well; while I can't say for sure due to the vagueness of the language. I do believe that fashion is a big enough part of this game and the profit margin of the game, that Sega wouldn't want to risk it.

The porting of Ash's default outfit also begs some questions. Like sure it is only one outfit, but still, it can mean something.

Part of this does depend on how long this has been in development.

Also, I checked the Japanese site and one of the links on it is actually to submit an application for a job at Sega. Like it is not a hidden away link, but rather visible one.

Plus, the game literally just came out this year in NA. I doubt they would want people in NA seriously hold back on their cosmetic purchases.

On a different note, I still can't get over Ash's new face. Sue and Rupica looks really nice, but Ash... I feel like something went wrong somewhere.

@Mother-Vain said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

This might be Sega's subtle way of saying "SGs will be in both game, if you plan on playing the new game, maybe don't buy any more costumes this year".

Yeah, a company is going to subtly tell you "don't spend money on us for a while".

I'm sure this doesn't mean that the outfits CAN be transferred and it means they're warning us so we don't spend SG/money.

@Ranmaru No but see but that's exactly the point though. I believe that the information was needed "as soon as possible" as people have ALREADY spent money on this game and will continue to spend money on the game, not knowing that the content they paid for will be obsolete in a year. Obviously now we have some clarity and players can make a slighly more informed decision on how they want to spend their money and time.

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

I believe that the information was needed "as soon as possible"

They flatout have a part in the announcement that says the words, and i quote:

⬨ Items Obtained in PSO2 That Cannot Be Used in PSO2: NGS

Skill Rings
Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement
Boost Items
Materials
Furnishings

And you all are STILL freaking out, going berserk and saying that you wasted your money. Exactly why is this not enough? They're literally saying "this is what won't be transferred" and people somehow still go wild? "oh, it's ambiguous/vague" HOW?

@Ephemiel said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

I believe that the information was needed "as soon as possible"

They flatout have a part in the announcement that says the words, and i quote:

⬨ Items Obtained in PSO2 That Cannot Be Used in PSO2: NGS

Skill Rings
Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement
Boost Items
Materials
Furnishings

And you all are STILL freaking out, going berserk and saying that you wasted your money. Exactly why is this not enough? They're literally saying "this is what won't be transferred" and people somehow still go wild? "oh, it's ambiguous/vague" HOW? @Ephemiel

Chill out dude, I was referring to PRE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Yikes. READ next time.