The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

The title should be changed now that we did get more information.

@animeregion that doesn't necessarily confirm cosmetics carrying over. The only things that were definite are emotes will be on both, accessories will have more flexibility, but it didn't say "Existing Cosmetics and Accessories in Pso2 will be compatible for New Genesis"

@DDDDLife said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Yet another cry-baby thread were you guys "demand" an answer. * Facepalm*

Waa waa waa"" Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now, Why Ibet you even hold your breath and turn blue , Just to get what you want.

I knew there’d be one of these guys. Ironically you’re crying about it? Funny huh* Facepalm *. People should be encouraged to be vocal about problems, not discouraged. If enough people bring an issue up the devs have to acknowledge it eventually. This goes for anything in life.

Your attitude is super immature.

As for the new update regarding this, it only goes to prove my point. Let your voice be heard and don’t let people like the above poster deter you from speaking up.

@Tri-Edge said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@animeregion that doesn't necessarily confirm cosmetics carrying over. The only things that were definite are emotes will be on both, accessories will have more flexibility, but it didn't say "Existing Cosmetics and Accessories in Pso2 will be compatible for New Genesis"

The trailer shows the base PSO2 default human carrying over the default outfit and hairstyle. Also "emotes and other registered data" implies stuff like inner/base wear, hairstyles, accessories and such (since they're all tickets that are registered into the character).

Screenshot_20200724-082207_Chrome.jpg

It was released exactly when planned and not because of a thread.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Screenshot_20200724-082207_Chrome.jpg

It was released exactly when planned and not because of a thread.

Another baseless claim presented as fact. I’m just glad we have some clarity.

@TINPAN22 Hootsuite is used to release pre-scheduled tweets at the specified time. When they do a tweet themselves it shows up as Twitter Web App or something along those lines.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@TINPAN22 Hootsuite is used to release pre-scheduled tweets at the specified time. When they do a tweet themselves it shows up as Twitter Web App or something along those lines.

That proves absolutely nothing. Apps like these are common for community managers as it makes it easier to maintain multiple accounts at once. You can still live tweet, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a scheduled tweet at all...

⬨ Items Obtained in PSO2 That Cannot Be Used in PSO2: NGS Skill Rings Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement.

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@DDDDLife said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Waa waa waa"" Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now, Why Ibet you even hold your breath and turn blue , Just to get what you want.

I knew there’d be one of these guys. Ironically you’re crying about it? Funny huh* Facepalm *. People should be encouraged to be vocal about problems, not discouraged. If enough people bring an issue up the devs have to acknowledge it eventually. This goes for anything in life.

As for the new update regarding this, it only goes to prove my point. Let your voice be heard and don’t let people like the above poster deter you from speaking up.

Right, My attitude is completely immature, were you perhaps , Involved in that whole ship 4 Fiasco?

Yes, I completely agree, people should voice their own opinions, But does that opinion count when its been redundant for the 50th time? Why, I may be inclined to believe that you just may be one of those individuals that asks over and over and over again till you get an answer. Forget the fact that you may, But at this point you have no fore-sight to see what is coming and satisfy your own curiosity.

They gave more info almost immediately, yet people instantly started freaking out and are STILL freaking out.

Does the gaming community have no patience anymore?

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

He is not wrong, though. Your title comes off in that manner.

The only clarity I need is if costumes will be transferred over between games. Not just if the PSO2 costumes going to NG but also NG costumes going to PSO2.

This is probably the most important thing that needs clarity.

@majikero Yeah, that's also my biggest question. Really changes what I'll aim for in cosmetics. Thinking logically from a business side and the fact that PSO2 is getting a graphical update to match with NGS, I would imagine that outfits should transfer over. Some of them may stick out due to poly count, but I would imagine Sega know that not having outfits transfer over would be a bad business move. Speculation, but an educated speculation.

@Archetype-Luna said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@majikero Yeah, that's also my biggest question. Really changes what I'll aim for in cosmetics. Thinking logically from a business side and the fact that PSO2 is getting a graphical update to match with NGS, I would imagine that outfits should transfer over. Some of them may stick out due to poly count, but I would imagine Sega know that not having outfits transfer over would be a bad business move. Speculation, but an educated speculation.

Honestly?

This is the LEAST likely thing.

Consider this:

• New character models
  • A catalogue of THOUSANDS of costumes that fit old character models
  • An extremely limited number of developers
  • Redeveloping 8 years of content and brand new content
  • Did I mention new character models?
  • I think I need to mention new character models again
  • Also a new graphics engine for those character models
  • Character models on new engines take FOREVER to redesign

Realistically, a developer has to redesign entirely new characters for a backlog of inventory that stretches well beyond feasibility.

I think what's actually going to happen is that PSO2 and PSO2:NG will both be simultaneously running because they can't refund people all of their old costumes and close down the servers without a massive ragequit.

Consider Final Fantasy XIV, where Naoki Yoshida was on his standard Letter from the Producer LIVE telling people how extremely difficult it is to create new races because it requires redeveloping all the old equipment all over again, even on the same graphics engine, because the designs have to be fully recreated from the ground-up.

That's a single race. We're talking a full graphical revamp, and likely going to be removing some of the crucial baseline integrations with the character models themselves. FFXIV: A Realm Reborn came out AFTER PSO2, so we're dealing with old, old, old tricks to make costumes, sometimes eliminating parts of the actual character to transpose the detail on to what appears to be just costume, when in fact it's part of their actual framework.