The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

I get the feeling this is a spinoff game, and that both it and PSO2 will run in parallel. Im speaking out of my ass on this part, but it seems to me New Genesis is more Monster Hunter inspired.

They would be pretty dumb to waste all this effort on making us catch up to JP just for them to release a SEPARATE game thats titled "PSO2" not "PSO3". They also said that there will be no EPISODE 7 so one can only assume that this is the big update/overhaul they meant. Again we will know more soon im just saying it would be a huge disservice to their loyal JP/NA player base if they slowly ignore this game.

I do agree with that, it wouldn't be wise. I mean we are all pretty much going to slow down on spending now, so surprising us with what we don't want, won't get them more of our money. August 7th should help more with that.

I agree with the OP that communication for this has been horrible and has made me unsure of how to go on with the current version. Is it even worth it spending time (and money) on a game that might not be available in it's current form in a year?

Right now I will log in once a day for the login stamps, do the bare minimum to keep up to date but I surely won't invest a lot of time or renew my premium/storage until I know what the future holds for the current version of the game. If it's more like ARR then it would be a waste of time and money if you have to start over new anyway...

We wanted more communication and a more clear message... here is what we wanted:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement

To summarize some of the details:

What is it?

'Legacy PSO2' and 'PSO2: New Genesis' will both be two separate games but with data usable between the two (similar to how you would playing cross save). As a result, its not a 'one time' transfer like say... updating from PSU to PSU AOTI or updating from PSO to PSOv2... you can continue playing Legacy PSO2 and hop onto PSO2NG back and forth.

For those familiar with the JP version... think of this more like logging in to PSO2 and PSO2es.

Character Transfer

As mentioned before... your data is cross compatible on both ways, using your character in PSO2NG does NOT mean you can't use that character in Legacy PSO2. That said, the version of your character existing in PSO2NG may have some data may be altered due to changes made to the game.

• Skill Rings, Consumable Items, Boost Items, Materials and Furnishing will not transfer.
  • Your current Level, Skill Tree, Photon Arts and Techniques will not transfer.

That said:

• ARKS Cash (AC) and Star Gems (SG) are usable in PSO2NG.
  • Weapons, Units and Mags will transfer over but may have different functionalities.

Other Platform & Regional Release

The platforms listed are the ones which the games already out on... however please make sure to read this fine print:

Note: If PSO2 is added to new platforms, we plan to make PSO2: NGS available on those platforms as well.

Given that PSO2's also planned to release outside of NA some time this year... the same can be (cautiously) assumed for those regions.

So it's 2 games but intertwined together in many aspects also. I love it

I am surprised we got information sooner than expected, glad for it none the less.

Just as I was complaining they posted the update. Kind of reliefed now. This answers all the questions I had.

2020-07-24 (1)E.jpg

2020-07-24E.jpg

2020-07-24 (2)E.jpg

2020-07-24 (3)E.jpg

2020-07-24 (4)E.jpg

If anything the follow-up video confused me even more. (Also more ways to spend SG but still no new ways to earn it.)

And not a word if cosmetics carry over or not unless I missed it 🤔

Ah well, functioning keyboard/mouse control scheme hopefully this time. Maybe I can finally rebind arrows, control, backspace and stuff in-game, without external autohotkey shenanigans. And a UI made for human beings, where things take 1-2 clicks instead of average 5.

@havox4

Its a yes cosmetics carry over

2020-07-24 (5)E.jpg

Anyway back to playing PSO2JP and NA.

@havox4 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

And not a word if cosmetics carry over or not unless I missed it 🤔

Ah well, functioning keyboard/mouse control scheme hopefully this time. Maybe I can finally rebind arrows, control, backspace and stuff in-game, without external autohotkey shenanigans. And a UI made for human beings, where things take 1-2 clicks instead of average 5.

Pso2 is also getting a graphics overhaul so it would make sense the outfits carry over to. That has to take a bunch of work doing all the costumes, accessories, emotes, etc

@PhantasyStar369 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Pso2 is also getting a graphics overhaul so it would make sense the outfits carry over to.

If it is like it looks a new engine, SEGA might not bother converting assets, who knows. Especially if it's profitable for whales to re-buy the outfits.

Yet another cry-baby thread were you guys "demand" an answer. * Facepalm*

Waa waa waa"" Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now, Why Ibet you even hold your breath and turn blue , Just to get what you want.