The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

@SleeprunnerInc if not, why would they not answer it on Twitter (drastically larger audience than here) just to turn around and provide that information to a few randos?

Makes sense I guess.

It's clearly not a new game.

@HarmlessSyan said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

People over at http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ always have summary of streams and other news translated for the EN community

thnx for the link :fistbump:

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

They do a great job over there and I'm sure that link will be useful to some users.

However, the point I'm trying to make with this thread is that there needs to be clarity from the NA side, officially. Whether it be from a press release, social media posts, updates on the main website etc.

Until then, I'm sure many users, including myself, will be extremely hesistant to spend money on the game until we know what's what.

You do realise NA is in the same situation as JP right now? There is no new information on both sides. Just because you are American does not mean you are entitled to more information...

@Ilúvatar said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

It's clearly not a new game.

On the contrary the countless threads and twitter responses regarding this makes evident that this anything but "clear".

@TINPAN22 And it won't be cleared up until whatever publisher was given the rights to put out the "exclusive information" reports it first.

If you notice the trend, the NA team hasn't put out any of the major news first. Not even our official release date on April 15th.

@Falz said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

@TINPAN22 said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

They do a great job over there and I'm sure that link will be useful to some users.

However, the point I'm trying to make with this thread is that there needs to be clarity from the NA side, officially. Whether it be from a press release, social media posts, updates on the main website etc.

Until then, I'm sure many users, including myself, will be extremely hesistant to spend money on the game until we know what's what.

You do realise NA is in the same situation as JP right now? There is no new information on both sides. Just because you are American does not mean you are entitled to more information...

You do realise JP have had this game for 8 years and NA has had it for less than 8 months. There's a huge difference. It's way more of a slap in the face to NA. I never said anything about us deserving more so I don't know where you got that from, all gaming communities deserve clarity from the devs.

@John-Paul-RAGE And that's pure speculation.

There's just way too much confusion about what Genesis actually IS.

Is it a whole new game, an overhaul / update. What exactly IS IT?

Players debating over the meanings of phrases in Youtube video descriptions or screenshots of vague replies in Facebook / Twitter threads is not going to cut it.

This isn't COD where we expect a new game every year. I highly doubt a lot of players will want to continue investing money / time towards something that will be obselete / non transferable when Genesis arrives.

Considering there's no information on the PSO2 site about any of it, not to mention the Genesis site being a completely different website, it doesn't bode well.

The community needs answers.

1. It's an overhaul / update to graphics and engine.

2. You will keep your character data this as been confirmed in both NA and JP.

3. It's a global release in 2021.

@animeregion

1. You don’t work for Sega.

We need an Official statement about everything... what we will keep and what not. Sega plz.

If anything... JP has even less info!

All they got on their end is the Japanese trailer posted on their YT channel and a link to the Japanese website in one of the many news entries on the Japanese PSO2 website. The trailer itself doesn't even show the Japanese version either! The footage is the English localized version with Japanese overlays...

If this is the 'big update' that JP had been talking about for months... its more than likely that the announcement was expedited to coincide with the Xbox event in the West hence why they are being very quiet on their end. August should bring more info which would be relevant to the NA version given its a simultaneous global launch (albeit on different platforms and keeping separate servers still).

You won't get any additional info until JP has something to say on the matter or provides the NA community team with more information on just what it is... we need to stop thinking of the Community Team as if they were actively involved in the development.

For anyone wanting more info, seriously chill. I am one of the people who probably goes overboard with being vocal on issues and red flags, and I am fine with waiting until August 7th for the JP news Stream. It's literally only a two weeks wait; that is pretty soon all things considered. It likely takes time for them to set these things up, especially with the pandemic that is still going on; sure Japan has it a lot more under control with only 27,090 confirmed cases and 20,651 confirmed recoveries, but that's because they are incredibly diligent and pragmatic about these kind of things. So please be patient and wait the two weeks.

I agree, they will plan to give information on August 7th, best we can do now is be patient and theorize for fun.

@Archetype-Luna said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

For anyone wanting more info, seriously chill.

Everything is the end of the world on this forum. This update imo means this game will live until at least mid 2020's why is this a reason for panic?