The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!

There's just way too much confusion about what Genesis actually IS.

Is it a whole new game, an overhaul / update. What exactly IS IT?

Players debating over the meanings of phrases in Youtube video descriptions or screenshots of vague replies in Facebook / Twitter threads is not going to cut it.

This isn't COD where we expect a new game every year. I highly doubt a lot of players will want to continue investing money / time towards something that will be obselete / non transferable when Genesis arrives.

Considering there's no information on the PSO2 site about any of it, not to mention the Genesis site being a completely different website, it doesn't bode well.

The community needs answers.

UPDATE: Some answers from Sega ­čÖé - Much appreciated

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement

Seems like we will get more information on August 7. No topic will make that come earlier then they have announced. I find the title a bit demanding.

@Ranmaru said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Seems like we will get more information on August 7. No topic will make that come earlier then they have announced. I find the title a bit demanding.

Where did the 7th date come from? And I agree, however like Ghandhi said, "If you don't ask, you don't get" ­čÖé

There's a JP PSO2 dev stream on 8/7.

Also, it seems pretty clear that NGS is just a big update to the game (including the engine itself). Some of the language used has been confusing, but it's quite clearly not a new game.

@Il├║vatar said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

There's a JP PSO2 dev stream on 8/7.

Also, it seems pretty clear that NGS is just a big update to the game (including the engine itself). Some of the language used has been confusing, but it's quite clearly not a new game.

Jp though? I suppose it's still some information. but it's like the west is an after thought.

And I hope so, but again what you're saying is purely speculation and seems like a very big undertaking considering there's 8+ years worth of content.

The community deserves answers from the horse's mouth.

It's a dev stream. The devs are Japanese. You can't get more "horse's mouth" than that when it comes to PSO2.

@Il├║vatar said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

It's a dev stream. The devs are Japanese. You can't get more "horse's mouth" than that when it comes to PSO2.

Yeah, and it's not like this is even a PSO2 unique thing. FFXIV does it all the time despite a strong international community. We just get english subtitles on the presentation slides, but the whole live letter dev streams are in spoken Japanese.

The real question is, will we have some kindly bilingual folks willing to live translate it for us?

@Il├║vatar This is the NA forum. The playerbase is NA. If you want to be pedantic, we won't get it from the horse's mouth when the info is translated via third parties.

@TINPAN22 learn japanese?

Do remember that back when they announced there would be no EP7, they said that there would be, however, a massive update.

Considering PSO2NG has been called an "update" it would stand to reason that this is what they were talking about.

If PSO2NG releases early to mid 2021, it would also explain why the plan for PSO2NA is to catch up by the end of the year, so that the NA version could reach the JP and transition into New Genesis by the time it releases.

People over at http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ always have summary of streams and other news translated for the EN community

They do a great job over there and I'm sure that link will be useful to some users.

However, the point I'm trying to make with this thread is that there needs to be clarity from the NA side, officially. Whether it be from a press release, social media posts, updates on the main website etc.

Until then, I'm sure many users, including myself, will be extremely hesistant to spend money on the game until we know what's what.

Ahhh, yes... this thread definitely is going to make them break their NDA...

@John-Paul-RAGE said in The community needs clarity and answers about PSO NEW GENESIS - ASAP!:

Ahhh, yes... this thread definitely is going to make them break their NDA...

Break NDA? It's not that extreme. Nobody is asking for spoilers...

@John-Paul-RAGE So asking if it's a Complete relaunch update rework OR an entirely different game is breaching NDA?

Fair enough.