This isn't going to be an "update"

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

c96eb45e-5afe-4fc5-afcd-def5e4d07430-image.png

8ee3585c-a47c-4afb-9950-294f922a0b26-image.png

PSO2 and PSO2 NG are both being connected - NG being the updated version of PSO2 - PSO2 has alot of data itsel - hence why they get lost on said data and i nthe new updated version you have alot of stuff to do - while still being able to connect to PSO2 with your character - this is still not a new game this is an update of the older PSO2

It doesn't matter if they are connected, they are separate entities, progression is separate. Microtransactions and a few other novelty items carrying over does not make it the same game. That is just clever marketing. The high level players currently who start at the same time as any other noob will be on a pretty much equal playing field.

It is EXACTLY the same as what GGG have done for path of exile. POE2 is a different game, but you can still play POE1 if you want as they are connected and yes they are upgrading visuals in POE1 to launch alongside POE2 but everyone knows that the one that will be developed further is going to be #2.

Don't be gullible guys, it is clever marketing to keep people invested until launch.

@Nevzat hey - you might even be getting ship4 on PSO2 NG release - time to celeberate

its totally on you if you dont like to collect the stuff that carries over in PSO2 NG such as SG etc - if you dont like it and wanna wait well thats ok....we others enjoy PSO2 meanwhile and are happy to start the new PSO2 content when its being released with our awesome characters and the things we have collected

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

@Nevzat hey - you might even be getting ship4 on PSO2 NG release - time to celeberate

its totally on you if you dont like to collect the stuff that carries over in PSO2 NG such as SG etc - if you dont like it and wanna wait well thats ok....we others enjoy PSO2 meanwhile and are happy to start the new PSO2 content when its being released with our awesome characters and the things we have collected

No, that's good that you want to do that. I'm not telling people not to, i get the appeal of it and it's why like I said before, despite POE following this model, i'm still actively playing that game because stuff WILL transfer over. But as a non player currently, this is not going to suddenly get a load of new people into the game. This is to appease current players.

But people should still be mindful that this is a new game, and will be a totally new experience. There isn't going to be much purpose for you to go to the old world once you are in the new one, aside from getting cosmetic items.

@Nevzat its not a new game its still PSO2 - you are able to hop between versions your character isn just "transfered over" you are still able to collect SG on the old version and use it on NG

it is a new game. it is separate.

I donno if it's really all doom and gloom for PSO2 base. It really come down to a number of factors. It's not unheard of for an old MMO to survive alongside a new one. FFXI still exists, and still got major expansions for several years after FFXIV's launch. WoW has Retail and Classic now.

Also, don't forget they just released a good chunk of update information for JP in the past few months, including a new class that actually mains Gunblades finally. So it doesn't seem like PSO2 is gonna dry up on content just yet, even in JP.

We're kind of in uncharted territory right now, as while successor games have happened before, they're doing it in a very new and unusual way. So it remains to be seen how they're gonna work both games going forward.

It will break up the player base. Ship 3 is already dead. This will make it much worse.

@Ki-Rin said in This isn't going to be an "update":

It will break up the player base. Ship 3 is already dead. This will make it much worse.

It's possible. There could be a ship merger happen down the line. Though Ship 3 being dead is also partly the fault of current content drought and the stilted way they've been deploying the game. There's just not much to do beyond farming meseta and playing dressup. Most folks are already leveled and geared up that were serious about doing so.

Clever marketing or not think about it... what is the true end game for PSO2? Cosmetics. Those will carry over so IMO nothing has changed with this announcement other than excitement for the new update/game when it launches.

It will break up the player base. Ship 3 is already dead.

Mother of g- just what is it going to take to kill this blatant lie?!

Listen. I ran the numbers on Tuesday. Block populations. Cosmetic prices. Newer scratch prices. The best weapons. BIS augments. Ship 1 and Ship 3 are indistinguishable. And that was no different to a little comparison I did on the 19th:

8ce8c283-4341-4aff-aafa-ee0bb13f136e-image.png

You tell me which is which. Go on.

Ship 3 was by far the least-played ship prior to PC launch. That has long since stopped being the case. It is most certainly not dead.

...I'm sorry everyone. I've done it again. But people keep spreading this untruth and I'm getting to the end of my tether. I don't want to interrupt topics whenever someone slips in this falsehood but I'm not sure what else I can do about the situation! I'll post a detailed breakdown to prove Ship 3 is fine later, but I don't think one topic in a forum where non-NG topics are very quickly sinking is going to bust this myth.

@Miraglyth wow until now i believed that ship 3 is actually being dead cause i have seen all the memes around it...never logged on there once...my guess blue is ship 3?

Its dead when I play it. Its dead right now. challenge mode is 100% dead always. Do not call me a liar.

challenge mode is 100% dead always.

thats true

Its dead when I play it. Its dead right now. challenge mode is 100% dead always. Do not call me a liar.

Right now it's between 5 and 8am in the US, people sleep.

I can't screenshot it anymore but challenge mode was almost empty on Ship 1 around 4-8 PM in the US on Monday last week and that was like 12 hours before the rankings and SG get finalised. So in addition to the more active time slot you would expect it to be more popular and it just wasn't. People don't really do challenge mode unless it's an alliance effort or enough PUGs happen to check it out, I suppose.