This isn't going to be an "update"

You literally revived yourself to come complain some more?

You stopped playing PSO2 cause Ship 4 didn't release, remember? So why ya back now?

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

@Nevzat

ade8ef78-c95c-4de8-b644-bf13abedf3ac-image.png

"dont you guys have glasses?"

I died lol.

The way I see this uodate happening( and yes all signs point to this being an update, not a new game) is everything but outfits are getting an overhaul. Because going through all of the existing outfits would be just an insane amount of work that would need much more time. We're also not going to need to go through all old content, since we can see in the trailer the characters are lvl 20. So let's not go crazy before Sega gives us their game plan

@Vashzaron thanks for the link, that is a LOT of information.

"Furthermore, you'll be able to wear more accessories" I'm already sold

Though on a serious note I just read through it pretty fast, but it didn't specifically talk about outfits. It just touched on sg/ac being useable on both systems.

Except this "⬨ Items Obtained in PSO2 That Cannot Be Used in PSO2: NGS

Skill Rings Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement Boost Items Materials Furnishings"

if we're classifying outfits are items

OP was wrong. PSO2 is in fact getting a massive graphical update according to the official news article we just got. However, New Genesis will be another game that exists besides PSO2, which will remain in server for at least another 5 years. You'll be able to travel between the two games using your pre-existing characters. So it's basically a sister game to PSO2, which is neat.

"Finally, PSO2's core graphics engine will also be overhauled, allowing you to use characters created with PSO2: NGS's system within PSO2 as well. Naturally, ALL character creation info from PSO2 (including items linked to emotes and other previously registered data) will be compatible with PSO2: NGS!"

I just hope the launcher gets fixed, it nuked itself once again.

@Snow said in This isn't going to be an "update":

OP was wrong. PSO2 is in fact getting a massive graphical update according to the official news article we just got. However, New Genesis will be another game that exists besides PSO2, which will remain in server for at least another 5 years. You'll be able to travel between the two games using your pre-existing characters. So it's basically a sister game to PSO2, which is neat.

"Finally, PSO2's core graphics engine will also be overhauled, allowing you to use characters created with PSO2: NGS's system within PSO2 as well. Naturally, ALL character creation info from PSO2 (including items linked to emotes and other previously registered data) will be compatible with PSO2: NGS!"

Not wrong.

My very first line was saying: "I think it is quite obviously going to be a fresh reboot with some transferable content. "

Which it is.

PSO2 original is essentially dead now, they won't ever make updates to the base game going forward, so all the non transferables are now obsolete.

It is essentially what path of exile have done, a graphical revamp, and you can play either POE2 or POE original, your choice.. but the newer and most popular one is obviously going to be POE2. A good business move because that way people keep MTX etc but for all intents and purposes it is a brand new game with clever marketing to make people think it's not.. Like the people flaming me in this thread.

In any case, now is the worst time to play the game given this news. As I would much rather play when it is fresh and brand new, not to mention all this progress is going to be pointless.

I'm referring to: @Nevzat said in This isn't going to be an "update":

They wouldn't announce a niche "graphical" update to an already launched 8 year old game (thats had a horrible NA reception overall) on an XBOX live event guys.

@Nevzat said in This isn't going to be an "update":

Not wrong.

My very first line was saying: "I think it is quite obviously going to be a fresh reboot with some transferable content. "

Which it is.

PSO2 original is essentially dead now, they won't ever make updates to the base game going forward, so all the non transferables are now obsolete.

It is essentially what path of exile have done, a graphical revamp, and you can play either POE2 or POE original, your choice.. but the newer and most popular one is obviously going to be POE2. A good business move because that way people keep MTX etc but for all intents and purposes it is a brand new game with clever marketing to make people think it's not.. Like the people flaming me in this thread.

In any case, now is the worst time to play the game given this news. As I would much rather play when it is fresh and brand new, not to mention all this progress is going to be pointless.

All the dominoes for poor timing have long been pushed, but SEGA still doesn't even realize it.

I'm going to have popcorn ready for when the servers fold before the actual update.

They wouldn't announce a niche "graphical" update to an already launched 8 year old game (thats had a horrible NA reception overall) on an XBOX live event guys.

Uh yeah, and if you watch the trailer you will see Genesis is a new game... Not just an update for already high level players.

Uh yeah, and if you watch the trailer you will see Genesis is a new game... Not just an update for already high level players.

And if you read the announcement, you'll see that PSO2 is getting a graphical upgrade. PSO2 as in, not New Genesis.

And if you read the announcement, you'll see that PSO2 is getting a graphical upgrade. PSO2 as in, not New Genesis.

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about PSO2 was I? Like I mentioned before, an XBOX live event was not the place to announce a graphical update for PSO2 the reason it was shown is because it is a new game in it's entirety to appeal for new players.

The mere fact they are saying "We will still support PSO2 OG for 5 years" tells you all there is to know, it is to give the obsessive fans time to say goodbye before the game is pulled completely. But we all know the majority of content is going to be tailored for Genesis.

c96eb45e-5afe-4fc5-afcd-def5e4d07430-image.png

8ee3585c-a47c-4afb-9950-294f922a0b26-image.png

PSO2 and PSO2 NG are both being connected - NG being the updated version of PSO2 - PSO2 has alot of data itsel - hence why they get lost on said data and in the new updated version you have alot of stuff to do - while still being able to connect to PSO2 with your character - this is still not a new game this is an update of the older PSO2

do not listen to op - enjoy the old content in pso2 - earn stuff that carries over (like all character creation data) and SG and AC - and log into the update of PSO2 any time you want as soon as it releases